Development [ROM][12][Mojito][Sunny] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

spantktm

Sep 5, 2017
Redmi Note 10
Native/carrier video call not working.. Although it was working on miui 12.5 and 13 as well.

Carrier video call gets connected but no video feed is seen of other side. And other side is also not able to see me.

Any solutions??

Already checked permissions,. No problem with that

inn0ichi

Mar 7, 2020
is anyone getting these random not responding when opening apps on PE+? like first it would go into the app but you wont be able to do anythign like its frozen, then launching the app again would be stuck on the splash screen iof it has one and would throw app not responding. this would happen to all apps and would force me to restart. only happens on PE+. Not sure on normal PE but this doesnt happen to me on old PE before the new update

Nik00laus

Aug 1, 2021
Well, how do you change firmware? Is it the same as flashing stock ROM then going back to PE.

Also, I know this is not the appropriate forum but is anyone facing unexpected restarts in MIUI Global 13.0.5
1) Go to Pixel Recovery
2) Select apply update
3) adb sideload with your computer the firmware zip
download here (personnally EAA) : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/mojito/

You need to have xiaomi USB driver installed and platform-tools installed ( You normally have them because you already unlocked your device and installed a custom ROM)

• Love
Reactions: deolux2

rscm

Nov 1, 2017
Redmi Note 10
Well, how do you change firmware? Is it the same as flashing stock ROM then going back to PE.

Also, I know this is not the appropriate forum but is anyone facing unexpected restarts in MIUI Global 13.0.5
get the firmware from the official telegram PE group of this device
if you write down #firmware the bot will reply the link

this is the official for all devices

Reactions: deolux2

May 9, 2022
I flashed the .img file to my phone successfully and powered off but pressed the power+down button after (instead of power+up). When I got to the MIUI Recovery 5.0 screen I wiped the data, since I thought I was still on course and following instructions. I assume now, I should have seen a Pixel Experience recovery screen.

So I reconnected to my computer and put the .img file on again, thinking I could get this back on track and now all I have is the Fastboot screen.

Have I bricked my phone? Can I get to the PIxel Experience recovery screen somehow? Or back to MIUI and never think of using a ROM again ever?

May 9, 2022
If I type that into the powershell, I get an error, "cannot load 'recovery.img': No such file or directory"

Have I missed a step? I'm a newbie, if you can't tell.

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
If I type that into the powershell, I get an error, "cannot load 'recovery.img': No such file or directory"

Have I missed a step? I'm a newbie, if you can't tell.
I am guessing you are trying to install this ROM. When you downloaded the ROM there are two files: a .zip and a .img. You can place both in the same directory where your fastboot.exe is located. First you need to boot the .img file, to do that open you console wherever your fastboot and this ROM is located and type 'fastboot boot xxx.img'. Change xxx for the real name of the .img file, I don't remember it. Your phone should reboot into recovery. Select Wipe (if you want to) this will erase everything in the internal storage. Then you want to install a rom, there should be an option to install ROM called 'install from sideload' or something like that. After selecting this option type on your computer 'adb sideload xxx.zip', again change xxx for the real name, your phone needs to be connected obviously. This will copy the zip and install it on your phone. After the install is complete or it shows an error after 47% you can reboot and it should work. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. More info here: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/mojito/install/

May 9, 2022
I am guessing you are trying to install this ROM. When you downloaded the ROM there are two files: a .zip and a .img. You can place both in the same directory where your fastboot.exe is located. First you need to boot the .img file, to do that open you console wherever your fastboot and this ROM is located and type 'fastboot boot xxx.img'. Change xxx for the real name of the .img file, I don't remember it. Your phone should reboot into recovery. Select Wipe (if you want to) this will erase everything in the internal storage. Then you want to install a rom, there should be an option to install ROM called 'install from sideload' or something like that. After selecting this option type on your computer 'adb sideload xxx.zip', again change xxx for the real name, your phone needs to be connected obviously. This will copy the zip and install it on your phone. After the install is complete or it shows an error after 47% you can reboot and it should work. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. More info here: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/mojito/install/
Good and bad news.

Good news is I can access TWRP and understand more about what it does.

Bad news, I have a Note 10 Pro, and I can't see a TWRP folder on my phone or through my PC. From my frantic reading, I think that I need to see the TWRP folder to be able to copy/adb sideload a ROM and attempts at both are giving errors. ADB sideload error is "Flashing A/B zip to inactive slot: A. To flash additional zips. please reboot recovery to switch to the updated slot" and my computer fails the copy with no error message. I'm not sure my way forward.

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
Good and bad news.

Bad news, I have a Note 10 Pro, and I can't see a TWRP folder on my phone or through my PC. From my frantic reading, I think that I need to see the TWRP folder to be able to copy/adb sideload a ROM and attempts at both are giving errors. ADB sideload error is "Flashing A/B zip to inactive slot: A. To flash additional zips. please reboot recovery to switch to the updated slot" and my computer fails the copy with no error message. I'm not sure my way forward.
1. Why are you trying to use TWRP?
2. I hope you are not trying to install a ROM for Note 10 on a Note 10 Pro or vice versa and
3. Just follow the steps I gave you and it should work.

Animenerd

Aug 16, 2021
Good and bad news.

Don't use twrp, it messes up the process sometimes. Anyway were you successful or are you still stuck in the process?

May 9, 2022
Don't use twrp, it messes up the process sometimes. Anyway were you successful or are you still stuck in the process?
Not successful.

I tried from the start again - fastboot with mojito.img but I can only get into TWRP when I hit power+up and it won't let me sideload or copy the mojito.zip from there. Is there a way to get to the Pixel Experience recovery instead of TWRP? Or can I get the mojito.zip on my phone through the SD card?

Or just a way to get the TWRP folder set up in the file system.

This is a 2015 thread but should I try that from the Terminal option in TWRP? (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-folder-missing.3052720/#post-59394615)

Last edited:

Animenerd

Aug 16, 2021
Not successful.

I tried from the start again - fastboot with mojito.img but I can only get into TWRP when I hit power+up and it won't let me sideload or copy the mojito.zip from there. Is there a way to get to the Pixel Experience recovery instead of TWRP? Or can I get the mojito.zip on my phone through the SD card?

Or just a way to get the TWRP folder set up in the file system.

This is a 2015 thread but should I try that from the Terminal option in TWRP? (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-folder-missing.3052720/#post-59394615)
Don't use power+up on phone.
Instead, first go into fastboot and then type
fastboot devices to see if it recognises your device. After it does type fastboot flash boot <recovery file name>.img
When successful, type fastboot reboot recovery and it should boot into the pixel recovery.

May 9, 2022
Don't use power+up on phone.
Instead, first go into fastboot and then type
fastboot devices to see if it recognises your device. After it does type fastboot flash boot <recovery file name>.img
When successful, type fastboot reboot recovery and it should boot into the pixel recovery.
Your instructions are great and the commands all work, but even using them it takes me back to TWRP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update(18/06/2022):

• June security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Fixed video playback issues on some devices
    • Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
    • Fixed ringtone selection for devices with e-SIM
    • Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
    • Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
    • Fixed network traffic behavior when toggling clock position to center (plus version only)
    • Other minor issues have been fixed
    I'm worried about the security of custom roms. I'm tired of cumbersome miUI ):
    Custom ROMs with open sources can be considered safer than ROMs like MIUI.
    I've used various roms, but I haven't found a fully stable software yet.
    A perfect software doesn't exist, you have to try yourself and find what works best for you.
    There is no reason to change the recovery. Keep the original PE recovery. To install the ZIP, use the "Apply update > Apply from ADB" option and run sideload from your computer to install the ZIP file.
    I have tried sideload with pe recovery in the past and it doesn't work, which is why I was going for other methods.
    Does the rom support OTA updates?
    Yes, PE, and PE+ support OTA updates on this device
    +

I use GCAM and the flash works properly. The resulting photo matches the size exactly and the visible area of the camera.
    Thanks, GCam seems to work for me too!

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 10 [mojito/sunny]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Update (25/09/21):

Changelog:
    • Fixed libperfmgr nodes crash
    • Added power stats moke service hals
    • Smarter decisions on whether to use 2/5Ghz AP
    • Disabled wifi firmware logging
    • Disabled NUD failure occurs logging
    • Added stock permission for hwcomposer service
    • Fixed ueventd permissions crash
    • Switched to multihal sensor service hal to 2.1
    • Enabled Wi-Fi hals power saving
    • Switched to Codec2 by default
    • Enabled Codec2 input surface
    • Enabled dalvik dex2oat64
    • Fixed props crashes in logs
    • Added minimal xiaomi parts
    • Fixed SDM and ultrasound_extn crashes
    • Fixed whatsapp mic delay or crashes
    • Improved overall system performance
    • Mic issue is fixed other variant
    Source Changelog:
    • September security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Fixed safetynet
    • Others fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Decommonized display color modes
    • Dropped useless soundtrigger
    • Updated WI-Fi display blobs from CAF
    • Defined OEM fast charge sysfs node
    • Set voice call volume steps to 10
    • Addressed more sepolicy rules
    • Added Xiaomi mlipay service blobs
    • Added Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment support
    • Updated USB init configs from CAF tag
    • Added missing usb props
    • Switched to old touch FW
    • Updated device cutout corners
    • Dropped useless/unused blobs
    • Fixed touch issue
    • Fixed wifi display cast
    • Fixed thermal crash
    • Fixed Whatsapp/third party apps volume controls
    • Improved kernel optimization
    • Rest I forgot
    ZIDAN44 is not active on XDA since the end of May. Must be some personal problems. If his health permits, I'm sure he'll be back again. This kind of work is also a personal interest and pleasure of every developer. The only question is whether he will continue his original work.
    Ha ha.. Updates will come soon.. :D
    Update (22/9/21):

Changelog:
    • Bring back full stack of audio ACDB
    • Update blobs from V12.5.3.0.RKGMIXM
    • Added main display cutout overlays
    • Fixed dimens values for display cutout
    • Updated brightness overlay configs
    • Added camera cutout ring like memeui
    • Removed virtual framebuffer cmdline
    • Labeled some more wakeup nodes
    • Switched to aosp WiFi Display