[ROM][12][NB1][OFFICIAL] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

consoomer

Sep 25, 2022
Wanted to give this a try on a 4gb nokia 8 phone: a fresh install of this rom reports about 1.9-2 gb ram usage. In comparison, stock android 9 fresh install (from reverting t-virus) reports 1.6 gb ram usage. So you're losing about 300-400 mb of ram to essential bloatware for a... ui change? Not worth it if you want performance.

bunzo

Aug 25, 2009
Palma de Mallorca
Wanted to give this a try on a 4gb nokia 8 phone: a fresh install of this rom reports about 1.9-2 gb ram usage. In comparison, stock android 9 fresh install (from reverting t-virus) reports 1.6 gb ram usage. So you're losing about 300-400 mb of ram to essential bloatware for a... ui change? Not worth it if you want performance.
Did you do a test with Antutu for Example? With the both versión stock A9 and this PE (A12).

Last edited:

PacoRivero

Sep 10, 2022
I haven't checked the free ram...but I know that I had been with official android 9 for a long time...and I assure you that this ROM is much better...faster and smoother.

consoomer

Sep 25, 2022
Did you do a test with Antutu for Example? With the both versión stock A9 and this PE (A12).
No, I didn't go that far. I played around with it for a few hours and reverted back, after noticing worse performance. In ram heavy apps like games, I experienced the common signs of ram shortage like stutters, in cases where android 9 I installed afterwards was fluid . It's only natural, Nokia 8 is an old phone by now and 4 gb of ram can't keep up with new OS bloat without performance hits.

Reactions: bunzo

bunzo

Aug 25, 2009
Palma de Mallorca
No, I didn't go that far. I played around with it for a few hours and reverted back, after noticing worse performance. In ram heavy apps like games, I experienced the common signs of ram shortage like stutters, in cases where android 9 I installed afterwards was fluid . It's only natural, Nokia 8 is an old phone by now and 4 gb of ram can't keep up with new OS bloat without performance hits.
I did the test with the Antutu V9 in all the Android versions that I had installed on my Nokia 8 TA-1052 so with the stock Android 9 Pie I got a result of about 207000 points while with the Ancient OS 6.2 Society Android 12 i got a result of about 282000 points and with Pixel Experience Android 12.1 i got a result of about 279000 points (either of these 2 custom roms greatly improves the score of the stock rom). Regarding the use of ram, I have never noticed any inconvenience (moderate daily use and without very demanding games or programs) and, apart from that, I have an application called Roehsoft RAM Expander installed on my mobile, perfectly compatible with the kernel of the roms with Android 12, and that means that, between the physical and virtual ram of this program, the amount of memory available on my mobile is almost 10Gb (an unnecessary outrage but since I have plenty of space on the external micro-sd, why not) .

Reactions: PacoRivero

bunzo

Aug 25, 2009
Palma de Mallorca
I did the test with the Antutu V9 in all the Android versions that I had installed on my Nokia 8 TA-1052 so with the stock Android 9 Pie I got a result of about 207000 points while with the Ancient OS 6.2 Society Android 12 i got a result of about 282000 points and with Pixel Experience Android 12.1 i got a result of about 279000 points (either of these 2 custom roms greatly improves the score of the stock rom). Regarding the use of ram, I have never noticed any inconvenience (moderate daily use and without very demanding games or programs) and, apart from that, I have an application called Roehsoft RAM Expander installed on my mobile, perfectly compatible with the kernel of the roms with Android 12, and that means that, between the physical and virtual ram of this program, the amount of memory available on my mobile is almost 10Gb (an unnecessary outrage but since I have plenty of space on the external micro-sd, why not).
On the other hand, I don't see much point in releasing the bootloader (with the consequent annoying message that appears every time the phone is restarted) and continue to keep the stock Android 9 ROM

bunzo

Aug 25, 2009
Palma de Mallorca
How many times do you restart your phone for that to be annoying.. my last restart was 3 weeks ago.
It is a misunderstanding about annoing, it is not what I wanted to say, the truth is that I do not remember when I restarted the mobile the last time since I have this rom, the message that appears when restarting is assumed, at the moment that one decides to release the bootloader already knows that it will be there (I have another LG G5 phone in the same situation and with the same message), I was not referring to it as a annoyance in itself, but to the reason why to release the bootloader and then continue to keep the stock rom . Please read this aware that it is translated in part with a translator.

consoomer

Sep 25, 2022
I did the test with the Antutu V9 in all the Android versions that I had installed on my Nokia 8 TA-1052 so with the stock Android 9 Pie I got a result of about 207000 points while with the Ancient OS 6.2 Society Android 12 i got a result of about 282000 points and with Pixel Experience Android 12.1 i got a result of about 279000 points (either of these 2 custom roms greatly improves the score of the stock rom). Regarding the use of ram, I have never noticed any inconvenience (moderate daily use and without very demanding games or programs) and, apart from that, I have an application called Roehsoft RAM Expander installed on my mobile, perfectly compatible with the kernel of the roms with Android 12, and that means that, between the physical and virtual ram of this program, the amount of memory available on my mobile is almost 10Gb (an unnecessary outrage but since I have plenty of space on the external micro-sd, why not) .
With Antutu 9.4.4 I got 326807 points (82000 cpu, 108000 gpu, 53000 mem, 82270 UX). Specs are: Nokia 8 4gb ram, TA-1052. Android 9 pie, but with modded kernel from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-nb1-9-fuhkernel-30-june-2022.4461821/, rooted, using ex kernel manager, heat throttle values changed using the numbers at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mod-for-nokia-8-running-pie-pubg-fix.3919640/ , and a swap ram file of 2gb.
The app reported a stable temperature of 35c during the test so the head throttle change seems to not have impacted anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhem-GH and bunzo

KonradIC13

Oct 27, 2013
How is the battery life on this ROM compared to stock Android 9? Anyone has comparison?

Laroux100

Nov 1, 2022
Es ist ein wirklich tolles Costum Rom und ich würde es gerne für den täglichen Einsatz verwenden!
Aber bei mir funktioniert Android Auto nicht?! Hat jemand noch das gleiche Problem?

Laroux100

Nov 1, 2022
jetzt habe ich mich zu früh gefreut. Beim Telefonieren geht das Mikrophon.
Sonst funktioniert es aber.

Laroux100

Nov 1, 2022
Ich habe einen Werksreset durchgeführt und das Microfon geht wieder.
Es hat nur in der Telefon App und bei Signal nicht funktioniert. Sonst überall.

Android Auto funktioniert nach wie vor nicht!?

breakthru_sep

Nov 29, 2010
First of all, as someone overly frustrated that Nokia left Nokia 8 on Android 9, I'm really enjoying using the phone now with this ROM.

However I'm facing a very odd issue. On phone calls and WhatsApp calls my voice didn't go through to the other party, until I tried out revoking mic access to majority of the apps that asked for that permission. The culprit was the Google app!

This might have been caused by restoring from an online backup and the Google app that comes with this ROM may have been replaced by another version? Anyway I found my workaround but just wanted to give you guys the heads up.

Reactions: CuteAndroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, as someone overly frustrated that Nokia left Nokia 8 on Android 9, I'm really enjoying using the phone now with this ROM.

However I'm facing a very odd issue. On phone calls and WhatsApp calls my voice didn't go through to the other party, until I tried out revoking mic access to majority of the apps that asked for that permission. The culprit was the Google app!

This might have been caused by restoring from an online backup and the Google app that comes with this ROM may have been replaced by another version? Anyway I found my workaround but just wanted to give you guys the heads up.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Nokia 8 [NB1]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Camera might lag randomly and require a reboot to fix
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

July 21st 2022
    * Update sources and security patch to July 2022
    * Radio and camera fixes
    * Kernel rebase and update
    * Hotspot 2.0
    * No more popup on every boot
    With Antutu 9.4.4 I got 326807 points (82000 cpu, 108000 gpu, 53000 mem, 82270 UX). Specs are: Nokia 8 4gb ram, TA-1052. Android 9 pie, but with modded kernel from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-nb1-9-fuhkernel-30-june-2022.4461821/, rooted, using ex kernel manager, heat throttle values changed using the numbers at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mod-for-nokia-8-running-pie-pubg-fix.3919640/ , and a swap ram file of 2gb.
    The app reported a stable temperature of 35c during the test so the head throttle change seems to not have impacted anything.
    For when Android 13? Thanks in advance