[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] PixelExperience 12

Search This thread

islander29

Dec 7, 2018
Bit soon to say first day of release but I noticed that the charging when the phone is off have changed with the same animation as the Pixel phone. No longer the number surrender by dot circles but the number in a fog. Quite cool.

Reactions: M1gu3lGnR

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Redmi Note 11
Hi,

I tried to update through OTA, download without problem then restart to your recovery and nothing.

I can't say I like this recovery I prefer OrangeFox but every update changed the recovery into this one.

I guess I can update through adb but a better system should be possible, using a .zip like in Orangefox or a working OTA. I can help my parent as I am with them at the moment but it is not that easy for everyone.

Except that I love the rom and thank you so much for all your work.
PB recovery can decrypt storage and apply updates. Yes you'll need to reinstall it if the update overrides it

mekashika

Feb 25, 2022
OTA update from prev version failed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_222720_965.jpg
    IMG_20220225_222720_965.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 132

JeffzXD

Dec 8, 2014
Zamboanga City
The rom is super b all performance was good and my problem is screen cast not working and the camera was bad i like to have back my 48mp and pro and also please put next update speed network indicator in settings.
Thanks.
Redmi Note 8

lefteriskmail

Nov 27, 2017
Hellas
I installed the latest version of rom. It is fast and the battery life is very good . No problem with LTE, WiFi, bluetooth etc.

For the camera, the combination that ANX Camera works with:
Miui Core v2.6
AMXCamera.185R
ANX48MPFix R.201

48Mp works by selecting Pro and pressing "48" up. Any other option creates a problem.

EDIT: 48Mpx choise doesnt really work

Last edited:

charlie_rt

Dec 3, 2014
Redmi Note 8
I was on Arrow OS and I had Call recorder enabled.
I switched to pixel experience cause I heard it's better rom than Arrow OS but now I don't have call recorder on Google caller app.
Is there any way to enable it ?

kekusinkay

Aug 26, 2021
Hello.
When listening to voice messages, the volume of the conversational speaker is not adjusted. Changing the volume through the sliders in the menu has no effect. When listening to telegram messages, the sound is especially loud and there is no way to make it quieter.
Has anyone experienced something similar?

Grislu

Jan 19, 2021
Hello guys, please someone who has a link to the official pixel experience plus android 10 for ginkgo. Thanks a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience 12 update

Changelog
    -
    Fixed NFC (willow)
    - Fixed audio issues with media playback
    - Fixed RIL crashing while using 2 Sim Cards
    - Fixed lost fingerprints after switching users
    - Enabled Iorap
    - Improved performances

From now on pixel experience 12 will receive monthly updates (unless some hotfix updates), our device if fully brought up for Android 12.0 and ready for official. When PixelExperience will be officially launched ginkgo will be officially supported.
    I have flashed this rom on my 8T willow, the process was simple and quick. So far everything seems to work well. I was able to install MAGISK for the few root apps I use like adaway. My banking apps work, as does netflix and government apps that usually complain on rooted devices. Safety net passes even after root. The phone is more responsive, the battery life is much better. NFC works.

The only small issues seems to be the camera, the one that comes in the rom is ok, it works well, but lacks features. I tried to install several versions of the MIUI camera, all crash, as does the google camera from play store. I tried open camera and picai camera, both work but the banding is terrible which which appears on the photos making them no good.

I will use this from now as my daily phone, it is fantastic! I hope the camera can be improved or a version of the MIUI camera can be used. You have given life to my old phone, I was so sick of it and ready to buy a new one.

Thanks so much for your effort!
    Ok, so an update, I am obsessed with getting a decent camera, I tried many from the app store and wasn't happy with them so I ended up flashing ANXCamera. The version I am using is for Android 11 but it works on 12 After some trial and error everything works with the exception of the portrait option. I had issue with the 48mp option to but it is working now. The files I flashed in order from camera.aeonax-dot-com are: MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20211105024254.zip, ANXCameraUnity.Light.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip. I did try newer versions of the 48MPFix, but non of the others allowed me to use the 48mp camera.

I hope that helps someone.

Changelog

* Fixed flickers
    * Fixed charging not being reported
    * Switched to oss libcameraservice
    * Fixed front camera videorecording
    * Audio offload updates
    * Removed conflicting atrace hal
    * Updated some overlays to 12

Changelog

* Synced with latest Pixel Experience 12 source code
    * Merged November 2021 security patches
    * Updated blobs from MIUI V12.0.2.0
    * Updated kernel
    * Improved performance
    * Reduced lags and junks
    * Fixed some selinux denials
    * Fixed Wifi Display

NOTES: Official builds of twelve will come out as soon as PE merges S caf nfc stack.