[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] PixelExperience 12

Search This thread

Sarwarbhai

Jun 16, 2022

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration
Encryption
Enforcing Selinux
NFC (willow)

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

My career video call is not working since I was installed pixel experience 12 plus on my redmi note 8 what i should to do

Anex06

Jun 21, 2022
The rom is excellent but the only issue is it charges very slowly. I don't know how to solve it.

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
Hi guys i always have the same problem with google phone. Can i restore old phone without call recorder??? I tried to flash gapps but unsuccessfull. How can delete call recorder? pls help me, i just have this bug

nespin0la

Jun 15, 2018
Hello, I've been having this problem since I installed the rom and it persisted after updating. Sometimes when I lock the screen I'm unable to unlock it, neither the fingerprint or the button works. My only option is resetting the phone. Sometimes it resets on it's own. This happens like once or twice every week (or every few days). Other than that, the rom is very good.

qbad

May 30, 2015
When formatting an SD card as phone storage, it throws an error
Attempt to invoke virtual
method 'java.lang.String
android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on
a null object reference.

checked different SD cards

tzenrick

Dec 23, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
I have yet to have a positive upgrade experience. I've been putting off updates, because every update I've done has ended with wiping and reinstalling everything.

tzenrick

Dec 23, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
Hi guys i always have the same problem with google phone. Can i restore old phone without call recorder??? I tried to flash gapps but unsuccessfull. How can delete call recorder? pls help me, i just have this bug
If you're never going to use the call recorder, just disable it. It's only consuming a tiny fraction of space on the system partition that you don't even have regular access to. If its existence in a disabled state is still distressing to you, you can Install Magisk, and use something like Titanium backup to try to remove it.

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
If you're never going to use the call recorder, just disable it. It's only consuming a tiny fraction of space on the system partition that you don't even have regular access to. If its existence in a disabled state is still distressing to you, you can Install Magisk, and use something like Titanium backup to try to remove it.
I'll try, but call recording is integrated only into the phone app or the system?
Sorry for bad english

tzenrick

Dec 23, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
After flash rom with twrp or orangefox, flash pixel recovery with adb and try to update
I've had the pixel experience recovery installed since February, and I used the built in update system to download and install the update. It downloads, reboots to recovery, installs, reboots, hangs, and reboots itself to recovery. Any amount of rebooting leaves you cycling the end of that loop, hang and back to recovery.

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
I've had the pixel experience recovery installed since February, and I used the built in update system to download and install the update. It downloads, reboots to recovery, installs, reboots, hangs, and reboots itself to recovery. Any amount of rebooting leaves you cycling the end of that loop, hang and back to recovery.
Did you decrypt data storage before flash pixel recovery?

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
With what? The last I looked, NO recovery can decrypt userdata on Android 12.

Also, I shouldn't have to do that for a monthly update, that SHOULD only need to write to /system and /vendor.
You can disable auto encryption with DFE but as i understand it is not your case. I can just tell you to try with different recovery.

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
I've had the same problem in several custom roms but not Miui, when I plug the charger the phone does charge but the battery icon doesn't show the lightning.

HansKlopek

Apr 16, 2022
New July update via OTA hanged at 99% during the preparation stage. Had to hard reset. Device errored when booting (broken Android robot with word error) before auto-restarting to working (June) OS. Tried again, installation prep successful this time with device auto restarting but then back to same error screen and reboot, as before.

Will try manually installing via recovery in a mo. Running a Note8T/willow.
Edit: Worked. Guess I'll clear the cache and storage of the system update app and try again next month.

Last edited:

jkon_

Jan 15, 2022
Hello, I already installed PE on mi8 and found it's great rom, now wanted to install on redmi note 8. After installing twrp trying go into and it shows "System has been destroyed". Was trying diffrent versions of twrp for PE and everytime same issue. Any solutions for this? I already installed Lineage and it went smoothly, but I think I would like to get this PE on Redmi Note 8.. Anyone can help?

weyland367

Jun 28, 2022
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Last edited:
Reactions: kapetchou

P17r5

Jan 11, 2021
Some apps (Spotify, Netflix, Google maps) randomly stop registering sd card, even though settings app shows it's connected, only fix is to disconnect SD card via settings and connect it back again, but it's annoying especially in Spotify because you have to redownload the whole library.
Edit: Formatting SD card helped
Edit 2: I was on a bike trip and it happened again, I guess the SD card doesn't hold in the slot much well, but again settings showed it was connected and Google files showed files on the SD card but SD card option was missing in Spotify. I don't really know how to fix it, but this never happened on the build from June.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did the followiing steps
    deactivatedt Security fingerprint
    cooied pixel Update top external sdcard
    Boot Info twrp Recovery
    flash pixel Update + magisk

Clean dalvic & cashe

Reboot

reconfigure Security Login fingerprint
    Working without any Problem Note 8t
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Hey ! I'm thinking of install this ROM on my Redmi note 8 because MUI is very buggy. Can someone share their experience of using pixel experience (the main thing for me is battery life)
    Good evening!
    i've had PE12 for a while now.

MIUI (android11):
    - MIUI got too annoying, the all pervasive "Security" app removing app battery optimizations constantly. also the really aggressive background app killing made things like using my banking app to pay for something in another app impossible.
    - i really liked the ultra wide camera

PE12 (android12):
    - i can use banking apps again!!!
    - i encountered many restarts - interestingly the same happened on MIUI when it upgraded to android12 - these have calmed down on both systems
    - [UPDATED] default camera is basic AF. installed GCamator which installed a version of gcam that doesn't crash. ultra wide pictures are available by enabling Double Tap to Change Lens !!
    - embedded video is in the wrong colours! people's skin is purple. very weird. only happens in some apps.

overall i'm very glad i moved. MIUI is garbage, but there are many features i miss still. i hope this helps!

P.S. yeah, the battery life is not as good, but MIUI's overkill in this area was the reason i got rid of MIUI
    Thanks for sharing your experience :D. I'll move on pe when I'll find a GCam mod who work on this ROM :)
    i've already got an update about that! i installed GCamator, which chose a version of gcam that works!
    fyi, it says it installed `gcam 8.2` for `android 10` 🤷

from messing around in the settings i got the ability to swap to ultra-wide lens also!!! very happy here :)
    i just wanted to echo what others have already said here:
    1. the PE recovery doesn't work, leads to very scary message about system destroyed, i used TWRP recovery instead. tip: you have to be careful not to let MIUI boot again or it will remove your new recovery.
    2. the OTA updates dont work, need to manually install with sideload

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience 12 update

Changelog
    -
    Fixed NFC (willow)
    - Fixed audio issues with media playback
    - Fixed RIL crashing while using 2 Sim Cards
    - Fixed lost fingerprints after switching users
    - Enabled Iorap
    - Improved performances

From now on pixel experience 12 will receive monthly updates (unless some hotfix updates), our device if fully brought up for Android 12.0 and ready for official. When PixelExperience will be officially launched ginkgo will be officially supported.
    I have flashed this rom on my 8T willow, the process was simple and quick. So far everything seems to work well. I was able to install MAGISK for the few root apps I use like adaway. My banking apps work, as does netflix and government apps that usually complain on rooted devices. Safety net passes even after root. The phone is more responsive, the battery life is much better. NFC works.

The only small issues seems to be the camera, the one that comes in the rom is ok, it works well, but lacks features. I tried to install several versions of the MIUI camera, all crash, as does the google camera from play store. I tried open camera and picai camera, both work but the banding is terrible which which appears on the photos making them no good.

I will use this from now as my daily phone, it is fantastic! I hope the camera can be improved or a version of the MIUI camera can be used. You have given life to my old phone, I was so sick of it and ready to buy a new one.

Thanks so much for your effort!
    Ok, so an update, I am obsessed with getting a decent camera, I tried many from the app store and wasn't happy with them so I ended up flashing ANXCamera. The version I am using is for Android 11 but it works on 12 After some trial and error everything works with the exception of the portrait option. I had issue with the 48mp option to but it is working now. The files I flashed in order from camera.aeonax-dot-com are: MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20211105024254.zip, ANXCameraUnity.Light.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip. I did try newer versions of the 48MPFix, but non of the others allowed me to use the 48mp camera.

I hope that helps someone.

Changelog

* Synced with latest Pixel Experience 12 source code
    * Merged November 2021 security patches
    * Updated blobs from MIUI V12.0.2.0
    * Updated kernel
    * Improved performance
    * Reduced lags and junks
    * Fixed some selinux denials
    * Fixed Wifi Display

NOTES: Official builds of twelve will come out as soon as PE merges S caf nfc stack.

Changelog

* Fixed flickers
    * Fixed charging not being reported
    * Switched to oss libcameraservice
    * Fixed front camera videorecording
    * Audio offload updates
    * Removed conflicting atrace hal
    * Updated some overlays to 12