Boot Info twrp Recovery
flash pixel Update + magisk

Clean dalvic & cashe

Reboot

reconfigure Security Login fingerprint
Working without any Problem Note 8t

P17r5

Jan 11, 2021
I've started to encounter some weird artifacts and colour inversion on some videos on Instagram, pic related. Is it a hardware issue or some bug that can be fixed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-104023_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220719-104023_Pixel Launcher.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: D28

ddelaqua

Nov 17, 2016
I've started to encounter some weird artifacts and colour inversion on some videos on Instagram, pic related. Is it a hardware issue or some bug that can be fixed?
Same for me
As this started today, a few days after I've updated the phone and no others apps with this problem, I assume this is a Instagram problem

An0nymous96

Jul 20, 2022
Hi all, installed this ROM after struggling with Lineage issues and I love the look and feel of the ROM.
Just have a few issues that I'd like some advice on since I'm quite a noob when it comes to custom ROM's

- I have a China version ginkgo and it seems like fast charge with the correct charger isn't charging as fast as it used to even though it says fast charge. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?
- There are some minor UI features from MIUI that I'd like to add to my device, but I have zero experience with modding ROMs or anything like that, is there a forum/tutorial which explains the process for PixelExperience?

Thanks!

Noham_fr/en

Jul 22, 2022
Hey ! I'm thinking of install this ROM on my Redmi note 8 because MUI is very buggy. Can someone share their experience of using pixel experience (the main thing for me is battery life)
Good evening!

mcmonkeys1

Jun 30, 2012
Dublin + Barcelona
Hey ! I'm thinking of install this ROM on my Redmi note 8 because MUI is very buggy. Can someone share their experience of using pixel experience (the main thing for me is battery life)
Good evening!
i've had PE12 for a while now.

MIUI (android11):
- MIUI got too annoying, the all pervasive "Security" app removing app battery optimizations constantly. also the really aggressive background app killing made things like using my banking app to pay for something in another app impossible.
- i really liked the ultra wide camera

PE12 (android12):
- i can use banking apps again!!!
- i encountered many restarts - interestingly the same happened on MIUI when it upgraded to android12 - these have calmed down on both systems
- [UPDATED] default camera is basic AF. installed GCamator which installed a version of gcam that doesn't crash. ultra wide pictures are available by enabling Double Tap to Change Lens !!
- embedded video is in the wrong colours! people's skin is purple. very weird. only happens in some apps.

overall i'm very glad i moved. MIUI is garbage, but there are many features i miss still. i hope this helps!

P.S. yeah, the battery life is not as good, but MIUI's overkill in this area was the reason i got rid of MIUI

Last edited:
Reactions: Noham_fr/en

Noham_fr/en

Jul 22, 2022
i've had PE12 for a while now.

MIUI (android11):
- MIUI got too annoying, the all pervasive "Security" app removing app battery optimizations constantly. also the really aggressive background app killing made things like using my banking app to pay for something in another app impossible.
- i really liked the ultra wide camera

PE12 (android12):
- i can use banking apps again!!!
- i encountered many restarts - interestingly the same happened on MIUI when it upgraded to android12 - these have calmed down on both systems
- no ultra wide pictures :-/ and the default camera app is pretty basic. i tried installing some gCam mod, but it needs to crash about 5 times before it will start properly
- embedded video is in the wrong colours! people's skin is purple. very weird. only happens in some apps.

overall i'm very glad i moved. MIUI is garbage, but there are many features i miss still. i hope this helps!

P.S. does anyone have any camera recommendations?

P.P.S. yeah, the battery life is not as good, but MIUI's overkill in this area was the reason i got rid of MIUI
Thanks for sharing your experience :D. I'll move on pe when I'll find a GCam mod who work on this ROM :)

mcmonkeys1

Jun 30, 2012
Dublin + Barcelona
Thanks for sharing your experience :D. I'll move on pe when I'll find a GCam mod who work on this ROM :)
i've already got an update about that! i installed GCamator, which chose a version of gcam that works!
fyi, it says it installed `gcam 8.2` for `android 10` 🤷

from messing around in the settings i got the ability to swap to ultra-wide lens also!!! very happy here :)

mcmonkeys1

Jun 30, 2012
Dublin + Barcelona
i just wanted to echo what others have already said here:
  1. the PE recovery doesn't work, leads to very scary message about system destroyed, i used TWRP recovery instead. tip: you have to be careful not to let MIUI boot again or it will remove your new recovery.
  2. the OTA updates dont work, need to manually install with sideload

Raylinna

Jul 31, 2022
Redmi Note 8
i just wanted to echo what others have already said here:
  1. the PE recovery doesn't work, leads to very scary message about system destroyed, i used TWRP recovery instead. tip: you have to be careful not to let MIUI boot again or it will remove your new recovery.
  2. the OTA updates dont work, need to manually install with sideload
Hi, I have only a little experience with flashing custom ROMs.
3 years later, I switched from MIUI to Custom ROMs but it was below android 9 and easier back then.
Is it all the same now android 11 changing Custom ROMs?
I am new to this and I am switching MIUI 12 (Android 11) to PE 12.
Do I need to clean install to switch MIUI to PE? Are there any errors like force encryption?
Can I just dirty flash the ROM with TWRP for PE updates?
Is sideloading the same as flashing with TWRP? as I didn't understand back then.
Thanks for your advices above as it is really helpful.I will also be happy with this one too.

Last edited:

mcmonkeys1

Jun 30, 2012
Dublin + Barcelona
Hi, I have only a little experience with flashing custom ROMs.
3 years later, I switched from MIUI to Custom ROMs but it was below android 9 and easier back then.
Is it all the same now android 11 changing Custom ROMs?
I am new to this and I am switching MIUI 12 (Android 11) to PE 12.
Do I need to clean install to switch MIUI to PE? Are there any errors like force encryption?
Can I just dirty flash the ROM with TWRP for PE updates?
Is sideloading the same as flashing with TWRP? as I didn't understand back then.
Thanks for your advices above as it is really helpful.I will also be happy with this one too.
  • i still needed to wipe data/cache unfortunately. -- this may have been related to encryption....?? i can't remember, but yeah, you defintely can't dirty flash from MIUI to PE.
  • IIRC Xiaomi still makes you wait and do a whole bootloader unlocking thing that takes 10 days or something.
  • best thing i did to simplify flashing phones was to stop using Windows. getting the right drivers always seemed to be a battle for each new phone. for mac/linux you just install `adb`, then you can use a couple of cli commands to install recovery and roms.
> Is sideloading the same as flashing with TWRP?
yeah basically i think so. you use the same .zip file n all

Reactions: Raylinna

Raylinna

Jul 31, 2022
Redmi Note 8
  • i still needed to wipe data/cache unfortunately. -- this may have been related to encryption....?? i can't remember, but yeah, you defintely can't dirty flash from MIUI to PE.
  • IIRC Xiaomi still makes you wait and do a whole bootloader unlocking thing that takes 10 days or something.
  • best thing i did to simplify flashing phones was to stop using Windows. getting the right drivers always seemed to be a battle for each new phone. for mac/linux you just install `adb`, then you can use a couple of cli commands to install recovery and roms.
> Is sideloading the same as flashing with TWRP?
yeah basically i think so. you use the same .zip file n all
Yes, it takes a week to be unlocked bootloader and I am waiting it. I'll flash the PE later and thanks for your answer it helps. ^ ^

dexter1123

Aug 22, 2012
Redmi Note 8
Before I install can someone please tell me if:

1. Work Profile works on this ROM?

2. How is the camera quality. I prefer GCAM instead of MIUI Camera?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience 12 update

Changelog
    -
    Fixed NFC (willow)
    - Fixed audio issues with media playback
    - Fixed RIL crashing while using 2 Sim Cards
    - Fixed lost fingerprints after switching users
    - Enabled Iorap
    - Improved performances

From now on pixel experience 12 will receive monthly updates (unless some hotfix updates), our device if fully brought up for Android 12.0 and ready for official. When PixelExperience will be officially launched ginkgo will be officially supported.
    I have flashed this rom on my 8T willow, the process was simple and quick. So far everything seems to work well. I was able to install MAGISK for the few root apps I use like adaway. My banking apps work, as does netflix and government apps that usually complain on rooted devices. Safety net passes even after root. The phone is more responsive, the battery life is much better. NFC works.

The only small issues seems to be the camera, the one that comes in the rom is ok, it works well, but lacks features. I tried to install several versions of the MIUI camera, all crash, as does the google camera from play store. I tried open camera and picai camera, both work but the banding is terrible which which appears on the photos making them no good.

I will use this from now as my daily phone, it is fantastic! I hope the camera can be improved or a version of the MIUI camera can be used. You have given life to my old phone, I was so sick of it and ready to buy a new one.

Thanks so much for your effort!
    Ok, so an update, I am obsessed with getting a decent camera, I tried many from the app store and wasn't happy with them so I ended up flashing ANXCamera. The version I am using is for Android 11 but it works on 12 After some trial and error everything works with the exception of the portrait option. I had issue with the 48mp option to but it is working now. The files I flashed in order from camera.aeonax-dot-com are: MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20211105024254.zip, ANXCameraUnity.Light.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip. I did try newer versions of the 48MPFix, but non of the others allowed me to use the 48mp camera.

I hope that helps someone.

Changelog

* Synced with latest Pixel Experience 12 source code
    * Merged November 2021 security patches
    * Updated blobs from MIUI V12.0.2.0
    * Updated kernel
    * Improved performance
    * Reduced lags and junks
    * Fixed some selinux denials
    * Fixed Wifi Display

NOTES: Official builds of twelve will come out as soon as PE merges S caf nfc stack.

Changelog

* Fixed flickers
    * Fixed charging not being reported
    * Switched to oss libcameraservice
    * Fixed front camera videorecording
    * Audio offload updates
    * Removed conflicting atrace hal
    * Updated some overlays to 12