[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] PixelExperience 12

Search This thread

D28

Aug 13, 2022
Empecé a encontrar algunos artefactos extraños e inversión de color en algunos videos en Instagram, relacionados con la imagen. ¿Es un problema de hardware o algún error que se pueda solucionar?
Yo tambien tengo ese problema con instagram. También al actualizar tengo mucho lag en las apps de instagram, YouTube y la play store

MBuzzr

Aug 14, 2022
Can I do a dirty install on top of previous version or do I have to format the phone first?

Dafoder

Jun 10, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Can I do a dirty install on top of previous version or do I have to format the phone first?
download the zip package on the pc, open adb and type fastboot devices, if the phone is recognized, start in recovery and click on apply recovery, on adb write adb sideload filename.zip (I write adb sideload, space and drag the zip file from the pc , enter), go back to the phone and it will start the installation, at the end reboot.

Cristina.D.M

Dec 31, 2020
Bug Report

There are some bug after Clean Flash PixelExperience_Plus_ginkgo-12.1-20220813-1144-OFFICIAL

1. Setting -> System -> Multiple User -> add user -> log in Google Account, then stuck on a black screen (I have tried 3 times)
2. Can't add custom hidden WiFi when setup Android first time after Clean Flash
3. App info -> Mobile data & Wi-Fi, lacks of "Allow network access" option
4. No fast-charging on Chinese variant

Please fix these bugs, espe
cially bug 1 and bug 2

thanks

Cristina.D.M

Dec 31, 2020
One more bug:
1. Main user would lose fingerprint after add another user in Multiple User, have to add fingerprint again.

mikegleasonjr

Apr 11, 2011
Wifi is not turning on when I flash the latest PixelExperience_ginkgo-12.1-20220813-1048-OFFICIAL.zip (non plus)

Retuned to PixelExperience_ginkgo-12.1-20220708-1334-OFFICIAL.zip

But wifi still doesn't turn on.

All I do every time is `adb sideload <update.zip>` with the Pixel Experience bootloader. Should I clear something ?

Thanks

Someone4

Aug 4, 2022
Wifi is not turning on when I flash the latest PixelExperience_ginkgo-12.1-20220813-1048-OFFICIAL.zip (non plus)

All I do every time is `adb sideload <update.zip>` with the Pixel Experience bootloader. Should I clear something ?

Thanks
Maybe Wi-Fi is not turning on via QS panel? Try to do that via Settings

mikegleasonjr

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe Wi-Fi is not turning on via QS panel? Try to do that via Settings
So I tried to toggle it from different places no dice.

I powered off the phone, then powered it back on and now wifi works. I let it sit also so I don't know when wifi stated back to work.

I don't think I will flash back the latest version. I will stay on the previous one to be sure.

Can't afford a clean flash right now ..

Thanks for the help!

Raylinna

Jul 31, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Hi @DarkJoker360 ,I appreciate your work and thanks for your contribution of this ROM. So, I want to report an auto rotate screen not working bug on PE12.1_220813.ginkgo update. That was working fine on the previous version PE12.1_220708.ginkgo. I tried all the processes like rebooting the phone, turn auto-rotate on and off, turn screen off and on and still not working. Hope it will be fixed with next update.
Thanks again in advance.

thelonglife

Apr 15, 2017
I have PixelExperience recovery and when I try to install the system update by tapping install from android system update menu it goes through preparation process and when it boots to PE recovery I get this error:

Code:
E:Could not find instance 'default' in library [email protected] Keeping library open.
E:Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
E:Failed to read /cache/recovery/block.map: No such file or directory
E:Map of '@/cache/recovery/block.map' failed
E:failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process: 1
Installation aborted.

Any suggestions?

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8
I have Redmi Note 8 (Gingko) (Indian Model) running everything stock and want to install PixelExperience on it because MIUI is very buggy.
Few things to clear out first... I don't want my data to be decrypted since I have to use banking apps.
This is my first time trying a custom ROM.

I know how to unlock the bootloader though, after unlocking the bootloader,
I have to connect it to a PC in Fastboot mode... install a recovery
I don't want to install TWRP as it is really complicated for me as of now.

Will installing PixelExperience Recovery using fastboot and then Flashing the actual Android 12 Plus build do the job as shown in youtube tutorials?

Secondly, if at all I am able to install this ROM, will I have to flash new Firmware or it isn't necessary ?
After reading comments from other users, there is slow charging, how to go around that ?
Some are saying that PixelExperience Recovery doesn't work properly leading to bootloop and other issues.

Should Kernels be installed explicitly or they are optional.

And lastly how to switch back to MIUI from PixelExperience. Everything Stock.

Suggest a method that doesn't involve TWRP, Rooting. Using ADB and Fastboot.
Please help !!!!

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8

Thanks
I know this is off topic but I have Redmi Note 8 (Gingko) (Indian Model) running everything stock and want to install PixelExperience on it because MIUI is very buggy.
Few things to clear out first... I don't want my data to be decrypted since I have to use banking apps.

Will installing PixelExperience Recovery using fastboot and then Flashing the actual Android 12 Plus build do the job as shown in youtube tutorials?

Secondly, if at all I am able to install this ROM, will I have to flash new Firmware or it isn't necessary ?
After reading comments from other users, there is slow charging, how to go around that ?
Some are saying that PixelExperience Recovery doesn't work properly leading to bootloop and other issues.

Please help it is really urgent !!!!

Raylinna

Jul 31, 2022
Redmi Note 8
I know this is off topic but I have Redmi Note 8 (Gingko) (Indian Model) running everything stock and want to install PixelExperience on it because MIUI is very buggy.

Please help it is really urgent !!!!
I will clear your doubts first and give instructions on how to flash PE only with adb and fastboot.

Yes, YouTube tutorials are correct. You can flash using adb sideload with PE recovery.

Also, you need to update to MIUI latest firmware (I mean android 11 MIUI 12.5.x ) before installing this PE 12 or plus.

Slow charging is only for Chinese variant and is your phone Chinese? So, dun worry.

You need no kernels to fix the bootloop just do the adb sideload step properly.

PE recovery bootloop only occurs sometimes when you are updating PE with OTA. Just update the ROM with adb sideload with PC or TWRP recovery.

Just use Mi flash tool and stock firmware .tgz to go back to stock just like before.

Lastly install adb and fastboot on your PC, just search on Google and voila, you got it.

Reactions: areymodiji

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8
I will clear your doubts first and give instructions on how to flash PE only with adb and fastboot.

Yes, YouTube tutorials are correct. You can flash using adb sideload with PE recovery.

Also, you need to update to MIUI latest firmware (I mean android 11 MIUI 12.5.x ) before installing this PE 12 or plus.

Slow charging is only for Chinese variant and is your phone Chinese? So, dun worry.

You need no kernels to fix the bootloop just do the adb sideload step properly.

PE recovery bootloop only occurs sometimes when you are updating PE with OTA. Just update the ROM with adb sideload with PC or TWRP recovery.

Just use Mi flash tool and stock firmware .tgz to go back to stock just like before.

Lastly install adb and fastboot on your PC, just search on Google and voila, you got it.
Will follow your steps once these MI people let me unlock the bootloader 😂

Reactions: Raylinna

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Ok then, just lemme know if there is an error. I will try to help you as I know the struggles in my bones to do these steps during my first time. Ughhhh😖
Hey @Raylinna, one doubt if you could answer... I understand that when we are updating to a newer build of the same android version, we can dirty flash our device (wiping the cache only then flashing the OTA update which doesn't erase personal data I assume). But if, say we are moving from android 12 to 12.1 or 12.1 to 13 for instance, we should perform a clean flash (Wiping everything --> Reinstalling latest firmware --> Installing newer android version which completely deletes all personal data ).

Help !!

PS. I still don't have to MIUI Bootloader unlocked (145Hours to go). just so you know. Cheers

Reactions: Raylinna

Raylinna

Jul 31, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Hey @Raylinna, one doubt if you could answer... I understand that when we are updating to a newer build of the same android version, we can dirty flash our device (wiping the cache only then flashing the OTA update which doesn't erase personal data I assume). But if, say we are moving from android 12 to 12.1 or 12.1 to 13 for instance, we should perform a clean flash (Wiping everything --> Reinstalling latest firmware --> Installing newer android version which completely deletes all personal data ).

Help !!

PS. I still don't have to MIUI Bootloader unlocked (145Hours to go). just so you know. Cheers
Yes, you are right.

But this PE ROM doesn't support OTA update. Just download the ROM on the website and use adb sideload PC with PE recovery or use TWRP.
I know you don't want to use TWRP so you have only one choice to update with adb sideload PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a bug that the fingerprint would lose after switching back to the main user from a secondary user when using Multiple Users.

Could you fix it on the next version of PE+ 12.1?
    Oh, It seems that is the last version of PE 12 and this bug wouldn't be fixed, so sad.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience 12 update

Changelog
    -
    Fixed NFC (willow)
    - Fixed audio issues with media playback
    - Fixed RIL crashing while using 2 Sim Cards
    - Fixed lost fingerprints after switching users
    - Enabled Iorap
    - Improved performances

From now on pixel experience 12 will receive monthly updates (unless some hotfix updates), our device if fully brought up for Android 12.0 and ready for official. When PixelExperience will be officially launched ginkgo will be officially supported.
    I have flashed this rom on my 8T willow, the process was simple and quick. So far everything seems to work well. I was able to install MAGISK for the few root apps I use like adaway. My banking apps work, as does netflix and government apps that usually complain on rooted devices. Safety net passes even after root. The phone is more responsive, the battery life is much better. NFC works.

The only small issues seems to be the camera, the one that comes in the rom is ok, it works well, but lacks features. I tried to install several versions of the MIUI camera, all crash, as does the google camera from play store. I tried open camera and picai camera, both work but the banding is terrible which which appears on the photos making them no good.

I will use this from now as my daily phone, it is fantastic! I hope the camera can be improved or a version of the MIUI camera can be used. You have given life to my old phone, I was so sick of it and ready to buy a new one.

Thanks so much for your effort!
    Ok, so an update, I am obsessed with getting a decent camera, I tried many from the app store and wasn't happy with them so I ended up flashing ANXCamera. The version I am using is for Android 11 but it works on 12 After some trial and error everything works with the exception of the portrait option. I had issue with the 48mp option to but it is working now. The files I flashed in order from camera.aeonax-dot-com are: MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20211105024254.zip, ANXCameraUnity.Light.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip. I did try newer versions of the 48MPFix, but non of the others allowed me to use the 48mp camera.

I hope that helps someone.

Changelog

* Synced with latest Pixel Experience 12 source code
    * Merged November 2021 security patches
    * Updated blobs from MIUI V12.0.2.0
    * Updated kernel
    * Improved performance
    * Reduced lags and junks
    * Fixed some selinux denials
    * Fixed Wifi Display

NOTES: Official builds of twelve will come out as soon as PE merges S caf nfc stack.

Changelog

* Fixed flickers
    * Fixed charging not being reported
    * Switched to oss libcameraservice
    * Fixed front camera videorecording
    * Audio offload updates
    * Removed conflicting atrace hal
    * Updated some overlays to 12