Search This thread

Bleble73

Apr 30, 2022
Hello, when I start the VPN, the GSM LTE connection is interrupted
This happened after the latest update

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Someone please let me know the list of all the known bugs in PixelExperience 12 Plus 2022/08/13 build. Also, which camera app is included and if all the camera modes work fine.
I am willing to install it today.. Thanks in advance

kutiz21

Apr 15, 2016
This August build was so buggy with Camera drivers (Fails when switching back and forth cameras + auxiliary ones) that I had to go back and use the Android 11 build.

Reactions: areymodiji

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Long story short
So yesterday I tried to flash PixelExperience recovery. Here are the steps I followed after successfully unlocking the bootloader :
  1. Removed screen lock --> Logged out of Google and MI account both
  2. Then I double checked if USB Debugging was enabled (yes, it was !). --> OEM Unlocking was also enabled of course as the bootloader was unlocked.
  3. Connected my Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) to the PC --> typed in "adb devices" in platform tools folder CMD window and my device got listed.
  4. Just to be sure I booted the device into fastboot mode (volume down + power) --> checked "fastboot devices" --> it also showed my device --> I was good to proceed.
  5. Then I copied the firmware, PixelExperience recovery and the actual ROM over to Platform tools folder.
  6. While still in fastboot, and phone connected to PC --> I typed "fastboot flash recovery" followed by the path of the recovery in quotes. (Note that for simplicity, I had renamed it to just "recovery already").
  7. CMD showed flashed successfully.
  8. Then I typed "fastboot boot" followed by the path of the recovery in quotes. --> Redmi logo kept showing for a long time.
  9. I disconnected the phone from PC --> pressed the power button turned it off --> Then tried to boot to recovery (Volume Up + Power).
  10. I was greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message --> Turned of the phone --> Rebooted normally and it turned on to MIUI
  11. Then again I booted to recovery and PixelExperience recovery wasn't there but stock MIUI recovery was there.

In fact I tried flashing the recovery multiple times, it shows success message but there is still stock recovery. (I have also tried disconnecting just after recovery flash and manually booting but that too doesn't work). What am I missing here. Anyone please help I am stuck

Last edited:

Cristina.D.M

Dec 31, 2020
Long story short
So yesterday I tried to flash PixelExperience recovery. Here are the steps I followed after successfully unlocking the bootloader :
  2. Then I double checked if USB Debugging was enabled (yes, it was !). --> OEM Unlocking was also enabled of course as the bootloader was unlocked.
  3. Connected my Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) to the PC --> typed in "adb devices" in platform tools folder CMD window and my device got listed.
  4. Just to be sure I booted the device into fastboot mode (volume down + power) --> checked "fastboot devices" --> it also showed my device --> I was good to proceed.
  5. Then I copied the firmware, PixelExperience recovery and the actual ROM over to Platform tools folder.
  6. While still in fastboot, and phone connected to PC --> I typed "fastboot flash recovery" followed by the path of the recovery in quotes. (Note that for simplicity, I had renamed it to just "recovery already").
  8. Then I typed "fastboot boot" followed by the path of the recovery in quotes. --> Redmi logo kept showing for a long time.
  9. I disconnected the phone from PC --> pressed the power button turned it off --> Then tried to boot to recovery (Volume Up + Power).
  10. I was greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message --> Turned of the phone --> Rebooted normally and it turned on to MIUI
  11. Then again I booted to recovery and PixelExperience recovery wasn't there but stock MIUI recovery was there.

In fact I tried flashing the recovery multiple times, it shows success message but there is still stock recovery. (I have also tried disconnecting just after recovery flash and manually booting but that too doesn't work). What am I missing here. Anyone please help I am stuck
1. Try TWRP Recovery or OrangeFox Recovery, forget PE Recovery
2. MIUI will replace recovery with MI Recovery when it boot up, so, do not boot to MIUI before you have flashed custom ROM

INFO: PE12 would replace recovery with PE Recovery as MIUI

MichaelMix

Account currently disabled
Aug 26, 2022
Redmi Note 8
Long story short

1. Flash latest TWRP instead, you can use adb with that just like you can with any other recovery.
2. For the "The system has been destroyed" problem flash vbmeta.img (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118453741) after recovery and before you reboot. (command: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)

Reactions: areymodiji

areymodiji

Aug 18, 2022
Redmi Note 8

ddelaqua

Nov 17, 2016
I'm not able to register some cards in the Google Wallet app. But the app updated right after I updated the PE, so I don't know what the source of the problem is.
I have already looked for the banks and they inform that there is no problem with them.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

MichaelMix

Account currently disabled
Aug 26, 2022
Redmi Note 8
I'm not able to register some cards in the Google Wallet app. But the app updated right after I updated the PE, so I don't know what the source of the problem is.
I have already looked for the banks and they inform that there is no problem with them.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

You're going to need to specify which cards and services are the problem or we can't help you out on this.

Are you using Magisk? I've had no problems with connected cards so you really do need to specify.

djlivooo

Aug 31, 2022
Hello people, this is the first time I write in this forum. I have the latest version of PE Plus installed and I must say that I have a severe case of battery drain. I don't know if it's already my cell phone battery that is getting damaged or if it's the ROM. I have tried other ROMs and the truth also give me the same problem. I have done the basics to see if it is a battery problem (disable location, do not use so much mobile data, etc) and I still have that problem.
Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Dafoder

Jun 10, 2022
Redmi Note 8
guys, with the first version 12 plus the phone redmi note 8 every now and then it started by itself, with the update now every tamto I find it off.

ddelaqua

Nov 17, 2016
You're going to need to specify which cards and services are the problem or we can't help you out on this.

Are you using Magisk? I've had no problems with connected cards so you really do need to specify.
Sorry about that.

I'm not using Magisk and nothing wrong whit the SafetyNet

The problem is when I try to insert credit cards into Google Wallet
I've already tried to insert it through the bank apps and directly through the Google app

The Google Wallet app message say to contact the bank, the bank says that's nothing wrong with my account or credit card

Attachments

• photo_4936393470675889140_y.jpg
    photo_4936393470675889140_y.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 45
  • photo_4936393470675889141_y.jpg
    photo_4936393470675889141_y.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45

goofy509

Sep 9, 2022
im using pixel experience plus ver and so far so good but one thing im facing is that everytime i rotate my phone the volume buttons get reversed like volume+ and - becomes the opposite...is this any bug or its just like this?

goofy509

Sep 9, 2022
Also the recovery mode cant mount the internal storage...tried many ways wiped data twice still it couldn't mount

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Also the recovery mode cant mount the internal storage...tried many ways wiped data twice still it couldn't mount
This is a known issue. You can update the ROM using the adb sideload feature present in all ginkgo/willow recoveries, but you won't be able to see the files unless you boot the rom.

mickyvirus

Sep 14, 2022

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration
Encryption
Enforcing Selinux
NFC (willow)

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

sir can we get android 13 update for redmi note 8 . and thanku so much for providing custom rom for redmi note 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a bug that the fingerprint would lose after switching back to the main user from a secondary user when using Multiple Users.

Could you fix it on the next version of PE+ 12.1?
    Oh, It seems that is the last version of PE 12 and this bug wouldn't be fixed, so sad.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New PixelExperience 12 update

Changelog
    -
    Fixed NFC (willow)
    - Fixed audio issues with media playback
    - Fixed RIL crashing while using 2 Sim Cards
    - Fixed lost fingerprints after switching users
    - Enabled Iorap
    - Improved performances

From now on pixel experience 12 will receive monthly updates (unless some hotfix updates), our device if fully brought up for Android 12.0 and ready for official. When PixelExperience will be officially launched ginkgo will be officially supported.
    I have flashed this rom on my 8T willow, the process was simple and quick. So far everything seems to work well. I was able to install MAGISK for the few root apps I use like adaway. My banking apps work, as does netflix and government apps that usually complain on rooted devices. Safety net passes even after root. The phone is more responsive, the battery life is much better. NFC works.

The only small issues seems to be the camera, the one that comes in the rom is ok, it works well, but lacks features. I tried to install several versions of the MIUI camera, all crash, as does the google camera from play store. I tried open camera and picai camera, both work but the banding is terrible which which appears on the photos making them no good.

I will use this from now as my daily phone, it is fantastic! I hope the camera can be improved or a version of the MIUI camera can be used. You have given life to my old phone, I was so sick of it and ready to buy a new one.

Thanks so much for your effort!
    Ok, so an update, I am obsessed with getting a decent camera, I tried many from the app store and wasn't happy with them so I ended up flashing ANXCamera. The version I am using is for Android 11 but it works on 12 After some trial and error everything works with the exception of the portrait option. I had issue with the 48mp option to but it is working now. The files I flashed in order from camera.aeonax-dot-com are: MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20211105024254.zip, ANXCameraUnity.Light.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, 48MPFixQ_181.GlossyIntelligentCock.zip. I did try newer versions of the 48MPFix, but non of the others allowed me to use the 48mp camera.

I hope that helps someone.

Changelog

* Synced with latest Pixel Experience 12 source code
    * Merged November 2021 security patches
    * Updated blobs from MIUI V12.0.2.0
    * Updated kernel
    * Improved performance
    * Reduced lags and junks
    * Fixed some selinux denials
    * Fixed Wifi Display

NOTES: Official builds of twelve will come out as soon as PE merges S caf nfc stack.

Changelog

* Fixed flickers
    * Fixed charging not being reported
    * Switched to oss libcameraservice
    * Fixed front camera videorecording
    * Audio offload updates
    * Removed conflicting atrace hal
    * Updated some overlays to 12