/* * DISCLAIMER: Read this carefully * Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
KOSP is a small project based off AOSP and we intend to improve upon AOSP to provide a stable and better alternative to OEM roms with additional features.
There are some cool features, see for yourself
Truth is I'm just lazy to write a long list of features and we intend to focus on the stability rather than adding a ton of features.
Gapps is included!
- guacamole has dropped sdcardfs
- We are enforcing and safety net passes out of the box
- You tell me
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- Do not approach us without any logs for reporting bugs
- If it is a random reboot, grab everything from /sys/fs/pstore. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
Downloads: GDrive, Sourceforge
First time installation:
- Download the fastboot zip, It ends with -img.zip.
- Boot to bootloader
- fastboot update --skip-reboot --skip-secondary zipname
- Now reboot to recovery
- Factory reset in the recovery
- Reboot system
It is recommended to update using updater
- Reboot to recovery
- Sideload with ADB (preferred)
- Reboot to recovery
Via updater app:
- Open Settings -> System -> KOSP Updater
- Download the ota if available or if you have already downloaded the zip then use it for local upgrade
- Install the update
- Flash magisk to inactive slot (optional)
- (optional) Reboot to recovery if you have anything else to flash
Follow us on Telegram
Google for AOSP
And all others we may have forgotten to credit
Special thanks to @npv12 and also to @AnnoyingZlatan for his amazing kernel.
Thanks to @Mohammed_Gabr for making our awesome banner.
Last but not the least, thanks to all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs as possible
KOSP, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro
Contributors: @Joker123##, @npv12
Device maintainer: @npv12
ROM source: https://github.com/AOSP-Krypton
ROM Kernel: Dora kernel
Kernel source: https://github.com/AOSP-Krypton/kernel_oneplus_sm8150
ROM Firmware Required: OOS 22.214.171.124
Android Version: 12
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2021-12-18