• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] OctaviOS

Search This thread

csjneek

Oct 18, 2006
Craiova
Hi, dirty flashed over 3.0, com.settings... keeps on crashing
time: 1638104103735 msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.settings.intelligence.IntelligenceApplication: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6733) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:248) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2054) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106) at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7842) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:550) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1003) Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG at android.provider.DeviceConfig.enforceReadPermission(DeviceConfig.java:1052) at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getStringsForPrefix(Settings.java:3085) at android.provider.Settings$Config.getStrings(Settings.java:17054) at android.provider.DeviceConfig.getProperties(DeviceConfig.java:655) at android.provider.DeviceConfig.getProperty(DeviceConfig.java:627) at eck.a(PG:2) at com.google.android.settings.intelligence.IntelligenceApplication.onCreate(PG:42) at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1224) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6728) ... 9 more

Reactions: thecleanse

thecleanse

May 4, 2017
time: 1638104103735 msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.settings.intelligence.IntelligenceApplication: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6733) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:248) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2054) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106) at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7842) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:550) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1003) Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: reading from settings requires:android.permission.READ_DEVICE_CONFIG at android.provider.DeviceConfig.enforceReadPermission(DeviceConfig.java:1052) at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getStringsForPrefix(Settings.java:3085) at android.provider.Settings$Config.getStrings(Settings.java:17054) at android.provider.DeviceConfig.getProperties(DeviceConfig.java:655) at android.provider.DeviceConfig.getProperty(DeviceConfig.java:627) at eck.a(PG:2) at com.google.android.settings.intelligence.IntelligenceApplication.onCreate(PG:42) at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1224) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6728) ... 9 more
Same

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Do a clean flash

cka3o4nuk

Jun 19, 2007
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Nfc button on the lockscreen th first bug
Rotating widgets on lockscreen is second
Third one is that keyboard hangs up and after clicing text box it didnt start

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-093520.png
    Screenshot_20211203-093520.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20211203-093532.png
    Screenshot_20211203-093532.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

Top Liked Posts

I quote myself. I have Just made a clean installation, and everything seems to be ok except Gmail: I can't download attachments. Is there a solution?
    Don't know if this is connected, but try to clear data of download manager. I fixed downloading pics from GPhotos this way.

By the way, 3.3 is officially released, just not announced here yet
    Is the last release affected by freezing? I need my phone as daily driver, and I must to be sure to not loose calls for my job!
    No freezing encountered
    I am using this ROM since a few days, as daily driver: it is wonderful! I am using Burial 8 Gcam and the videos are better (no flickering) than the ones recorded with the stock cam and also with the same Gcam used on MIUI. Battery seems to be very good. Moreover, I am usign Island apk for work profile and it is working properly. At moment, the only "bug" is the lack of an sms app, so restoring data I loose my sms (but it is no important). I hope it will be updated soon!
    Big thanks @erikdrozina !!!
    3.3 is areound the corner
    messages app is not present in gapps version due to an issue, you can find the apk in the octavios chat on telegram
    I'm having twrp issues. It disappears after starting the system. What could it be?
    Do you use official TWRP? I recommend to flash this one: https://mi-note-10.eu/builds/twrp/AOSP12/
    It's custom TWRP designed for Android 12. I had issues with official too, no more when using this custom build
    Is it just me or the battery life is not that good? And auto brightness is changing the brightness quite often.
    It depends.
    I usually can go 2 days without charging with even 10hrs sot
    Auto brightness will be adjusted in the next update
    any idea what setting could be draining the battery the most? also, any chance for adding a button for hiding the keyboard just like in Cipher OS please? there was always a bar beneath the keyboard even with features
    and the finger print reader is just excellent!
    Check your battery stats ;) or use 3rd party battery monitor app
    About.png

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

- Download and flash this TWRP (It has the /cust to /product patch) LINK
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    (Optional) After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Nikgapps
    - (Suggested) Flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

DOWNLOAD VANILLA
    DOWNLOAD GAPPS

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Source.png

OctaviOS Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

OctaviOS for Xiaomi Mi Note 10/Pro
    Device: Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Official

Device Tree
    Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 12.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.255
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be at least 12.5.4
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information