[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] OctaviOS

Search This thread

fabiodifa

Apr 25, 2017
I am using this ROM since a few days, as daily driver: it is wonderful! I am using Burial 8 Gcam and the videos are better (no flickering) than the ones recorded with the stock cam and also with the same Gcam used on MIUI. Battery seems to be very good. Moreover, I am usign Island apk for work profile and it is working properly. At moment, the only "bug" is the lack of an sms app, so restoring data I loose my sms (but it is no important). I hope it will be updated soon!
Big thanks @erikdrozina !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Sithek

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
I am using this ROM since a few days, as daily driver: it is wonderful! I am using Burial 8 Gcam and the videos are better (no flickering) than the ones recorded with the stock cam and also with the same Gcam used on MIUI. Battery seems to be very good. Moreover, I am usign Island apk for work profile and it is working properly. At moment, the only "bug" is the lack of an sms app, so restoring data I loose my sms (but it is no important). I hope it will be updated soon!
Big thanks @erikdrozina !!!
3.3 is areound the corner
messages app is not present in gapps version due to an issue, you can find the apk in the octavios chat on telegram

fabiodifa

Apr 25, 2017
I noticed that there is no call sound till some answers during VOLTE calls. Will this issue be solved with 3.3 release?

ond96

Jun 30, 2016
I noticed that there is no call sound till some answers during VOLTE calls. Will this issue be solved with 3.3 release?
are we talking about the sound when you make a phone call or hang up a phone call? I dont get any sounds as well, I thought its Android feature, I hope its coming back whatever the reason was

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
I quote myself. I have Just made a clean installation, and everything seems to be ok except Gmail: I can't download attachments. Is there a solution?
Don't know if this is connected, but try to clear data of download manager. I fixed downloading pics from GPhotos this way.

By the way, 3.3 is officially released, just not announced here yet

Reactions: fabiodifa

Nahuelisimo

Oct 18, 2015
I'm currently running Pixel Experience and experiencing problems with batterly life. How does this ROM work on this device?, do al cameras work?, how's battery life and perfomance?

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
I'm currently running Pixel Experience and experiencing problems with batterly life. How does this ROM work on this device?, do al cameras work?, how's battery life and perfomance?
PE isn't great honestly. Octavi is excellent. Performance brilliant, battery life very good. Full of customizations. GCam Go pre-installed and works just fine, but you can do even more with more advanced GCams, if configured properly

Reactions: erikdrozina

Nahuelisimo

Oct 18, 2015
PE isn't great honestly. Octavi is excellent. Performance brilliant, battery life very good. Full of customizations. GCam Go pre-installed and works just fine, but you can do even more with more advanced GCams, if configured properly
Do all the cameras work? and what about the fingerprint.
Yeah, PE isn't great on this device. But i really like Pixel aesthetic, but didn't expect battery life to be so bad.

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
Yes, all lenses work, how fast and reliable - it depends on GCam used. Try one of those available on Telegram in @minote10apk channel (pre-built GCam Go doesn't allow to switch lenses). Fitngerprint is on pair with this on MIUI
Do all the cameras work? and what about the fingerprint.
Yeah, PE isn't great on this device. But i really like Pixel aesthetic, but didn't expect battery life to be so bad.

Reactions: erikdrozina

Hefti

Mar 10, 2018
Hey guys, I just managed to install twrp and octaviOS. How do i install Magisk?
I loaded the apk from github. SAR=yes, Flash=no, A/B=no
I copied the twrp.img to the device and successfully patched it. I then flashed it with fastboot to the recovery partition but after that, i cant enter recovery mode anymore.

If ramdisk=no, i should patch recovery img instead of boot.img. Is this correct?

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
I copied the twrp.img to the device and successfully patched it. I then flashed it with fastboot to the recovery partition but after that, i cant enter recovery mode anymore.

If ramdisk=no, i should patch recovery img instead of boot.img. Is this correct?
In case of many Xiaomi devices, including Mi Note 10, it isn't actually accurate. I belive it applies here what is noticed in this Magisk installation instruction note: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#:~:text=The result of,piece of information.)

Therefore, you can easily patch boot image to get root. You can do this by flashing Magisk in recovery as well.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend you to use this version of TWRP: https://mi-note-10.eu/builds/twrp/AOSP12/. Its custom version supporting especially Android 12. I faced similar issue as you when I used official TWRP and Orange Fox too.

Last edited:

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2

Probably you will have to flash fastboot MIUI rom and do all the procedure all over again. Just don't relock bootloader!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3.4 version 2 is here!

New update is out: Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog
    I am Sorry for the noob question: what is dfe???
    stands for disable force encryption, a zip needed to be flashed after the rom
    download it here https://t.me/erikdrozinadiscussions/2353
    @erikdrozina: in relation to the low volume issue in video recorded with camera, I've made some tests with octavios and arrow. After a clean installation, with both roms, the audio of video recorded (with every camera app) seems to be ok. When I reboot the phone, the audio becomes very low (almost inaudible): is there a way to fix this issue? Is it necessary to make some changes in the mixer_paths files? Idk if it is an Android12 related issue (with MIUI13 stable-Android11, the issue is not present with stock camera or gcam). Thanks in advance!
    just tried to take a video and talking and the audio is good and definitely not low.
    I tried with miuicamera btw on arrow 12.1
    just tried to take a video and talking and the audio is good and definitely not low.
    I tried with miuicamera btw on arrow 12.1
    I don't konw why, but I had the issue I described in my previous message. I have just solved it by modifing the file mixer_paths_overlay_static.xml: I changed the value of the ADC3_Volume and ADC1_Volume (of camcorder_dmic path) from 6 to 20 and now everithing is ok. Now your ROM is really perfect!
    I don't konw why, but I had the issue I described in my previous message. I have just solved it by modifing the file mixer_paths_overlay_static.xml: I changed the value of the ADC3_Volume and ADC1_Volume (of camcorder_dmic path) from 6 to 20 and now everithing is ok. Now your ROM is really perfect!
    Nice, thanks for letting me know about it. However I didnt hear any other report about this particular issue but I'll keed in mind :)
    About.png

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

- Download and flash this TWRP (It has the /cust to /product patch) LINK
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    (Optional) After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Nikgapps
    - (Suggested) Flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

DOWNLOAD

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Source.png

OctaviOS Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

OctaviOS for Xiaomi Mi Note 10/Pro
    Device: Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Official

Device Tree
    Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 12.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.255
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be at least 12.5.4
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information