[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] PixelExperience (Plus)[4.21 Updated(PLS check #2 for FAQ and changelog)][fixed: gif/video freeze, aptx, universal audio fix, more]

Search This thread

hackthis02

I flashed the newest nightly and everything seems to work as intended. The only issue is I'm on Verizon and it won't see my sim card. In the notification blind it just said "Invalid SIM - emergency calls only". I know the SIM is good because I used it right before and after. @Alcatraz323 if there are any logs or data I can give you to help with this, I'm more than happy too.

Last edited:

rex_b

Mar 10, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Razer Phone 2
Where exactly do i bugreports? i've just set the image up, configured my google account and clicked all the menu icons until i hit "reverse colors" which accidently caused a boot loop.
I'm not sure if AIcatraz323 takes logs or discusses user experienced "bugs" in the Telegram group chat since I didn't join. I'm just an observer and patiently waiting for the perfect release before I finally flash it.
Anyways, I assume you can just collect the logcats and attach it in this thread, then let AIcatraz323 have a look to see whether it is an actual bug or there was something missing during the installation.
A pretty straightforward guide I found on XDA.

Rankourai

Mar 1, 2018
Macomb
I flashed this yesterday because over the past year my twrp recovery somehow stopped working, so I had no recovery mode I could even boot to, and the arter97 kernel I was using would not upgrade properly for me. Decided to make the jump and do a clean install. I got the latest version as of 01/15 and it's working great. The Android 12 interface is way better than 9. The only issue i've come across is the video issue. Happens on videos played from my Google photos app or on web, or in the Youtube app. Sometimes it will freeze for only a second, black the screen out then continue, other times it freezes completely, sound continues, and screen stays on even if phone is locked. Then only a forced restart gets it back again.
The other issue, less severe at least for me, is the fingerprint reader doesn't wake up every time I try to unlock the device forcing me to use my pattern unlock.
Other than that i'm happy with it

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
1.18 updated, fixed fingerprint sleep to death, fixed color switch like saturated or inverse color.

I want to know in which way and how you get video freezing, browser or app, resolution 720? 4k hdr?, any headset or just speaker. Finally, I want the log when the freeze is occurring.

I never met that from 720p to 4k hdr in YouTube, or in Google photo. I can never debug it without log or do it on my phone

Reactions: Rankourai

Rankourai

Mar 1, 2018
Macomb
1.18 updated, fixed fingerprint sleep to death, fixed color switch like saturated or inverse color.

I want to know in which way and how you get video freezing, browser or app, resolution 720? 4k hdr?, any headset or just speaker. Finally, I want the log when the freeze is occurring.

I never met that from 720p to 4k hdr in YouTube, or in Google photo. I can never debug it without log or do it on my phone
I just flashed the new one so I'll check out if the fingerprint reader stays on after inactivity. As for the video issue, I tried playing a couple videos from photos and it didn't happen yet. I found this article on XDA https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-android/
so I'll try to get logs over adb if I can figure it out if/when it happens again. Thank you for the updates

Edit: I was able to confirm the fingerprint issue is fixed. I left my phone sitting for about an hour while I replaced an iPad screen after I finished I turned the screen on and my fingerprint read right away. Still haven't been able to recreate the video glitches.

Last edited:

Yeenosaurus

Nov 28, 2017

I am having trouble flashing the latest zip file using the PE recovery. When I try to ADB sideload, it says
Code:
* cannot read '.\PE latest.zip' *

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Can anyone tell me if the custom ROMs (either PE A12 or Lineage A11) have support for encryption?

If so, does the encryption work correctly within TWRP recovery - ie. When recovery is booted it should immediately ask for pattern unlock - and only allow access to internal storage in TWRP once data has been decrypted?

Sorry to ask these questions. I am thinking of buying this phone but it is really important for me to know before purchase if encryption works with custom ROM installed.

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
Can anyone tell me if the custom ROMs (either PE A12 or Lineage A11) have support for encryption?

If so, does the encryption work correctly within TWRP recovery - ie. When recovery is booted it should immediately ask for pattern unlock - and only allow access to internal storage in TWRP once data has been decrypted?

Sorry to ask these questions. I am thinking of buying this phone but it is really important for me to know before purchase if encryption works with custom ROM installed.
Encryption is live, but no recovery supporting

Reactions: P650SE

waffleboi9000

Dec 28, 2021
Screenshot_20220121-095408_Settings.png

Is there any way to align the Razer parts menu here? I realize it's nitpicking, but it'd look a bit nicer.

Reactions: P650SE

johnriper

Dec 25, 2021
ok i dont have a log but i managed to understand the freezing video problem, with chrome browser if you search something and select the videos tab, as you scrolling and one after another video starts to preview, the phone might freeze, if you watch a YouTube from chrome not from YouTube app the phone might freeze, same results with brave browser, the only browser that works without any problem so far is Mozilla, if you watch a video from YouTube app everything is fine, so i think is a browser problem, Alcatraz323 i hope i helped, and the rom is amazing

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
ok i dont have a log but i managed to understand the freezing video problem, with chrome browser if you search something and select the videos tab, as you scrolling and one after another video starts to preview, the phone might freeze, if you watch a YouTube from chrome not from YouTube app the phone might freeze, same results with brave browser, the only browser that works without any problem so far is Mozilla, if you watch a video from YouTube app everything is fine, so i think is a browser problem, Alcatraz323 i hope i helped, and the rom is amazing
Ok that may be helpful

JDubbed

Feb 18, 2011
I haven't made the jump yet on this ROM. Just waiting on a bit more bug squashing since my Razer is my main driver and can't afford for it not to work right.

However, has anyone been able to test Google Voice? There's been some talk about Google Assistant not working right because of a language issue but not sure that would cause problems with GV. I use Google Voice for 99% of my phone calls and just wanted to see if anyone else is using it with success or wouldn't mind testing it for me.

Does call forwarding work correctly?

I am glad to see reports of the fingerprint working for the unlock screen. Does this mean fingerprint unlocking can be used for banking apps and other apps that support fingerprint unlocking?

Also can anyone report that the camera is working 100% now? The flash works? The proper camera lens works now? Still able to record in 4K 60FPS? What is the native camera app? And can it save videos and pics automatically to external SD card?

I also understand that there is now an OTA update built-in. Is this correct?

Dec 13, 2021
I haven't made the jump yet on this ROM. Just waiting on a bit more bug squashing since my Razer is my main driver and can't afford for it not to work right.

However, has anyone been able to test Google Voice? There's been some talk about Google Assistant not working right because of a language issue but not sure that would cause problems with GV. I use Google Voice for 99% of my phone calls and just wanted to see if anyone else is using it with success or wouldn't mind testing it for me.

I am glad to see reports of the fingerprint working for the unlock screen. Does this mean fingerprint unlocking can be used for banking apps and other apps that support fingerprint unlocking?

Also can anyone report that the camera is working 100% now? The flash works? The proper camera lens works now? Still able to record in 4K 60FPS? What is the native camera app? And can it save videos and pics automatically to external SD card?

I'm on the 1/20 build.

No problems on google voice, forward calls fine.

There was a bug on earlier builds where the fingerprint scanner would sleep to death and won't work on unlocking the phone from sleep (need to enter pin or passcode). This has since been resolved.

1/20 build passes safetynet without modification, can use banking apps fine.

Flash works, camera works, though I recommend GCAM for a superior camera app. https://www.cyanogenmods.org/downloads/bsg-gcam-8-4/

SD card works

I haven't had any OTA updates yet, but that's what patchnotes imply.

I'm still having problems with the audio on some games if the volume is below 50% though, notably genshin impact.. but all things considered, it's pretty insignificant compared to the QOL enhancements with android 12.

Appreciate your work @Alcatraz323

Reactions: JDubbed

Neutronflux

Dec 29, 2018

Fingerprint unlocking has been working for bank apps and other stuff since pretty much the beginning. The fingerprint problem before was for unlocking your phone when it went to sleep, so you had to use pattern/pin unlock.

For the camera, I use GCam instead of stock. All 3 lenses work, flash works, and I haven't noticed any other issues so far. It can record at 4K 30FPS, but 60FPS only shows up at FHD. I believe saving to external SD card depends on the app you use. For Gcam, it only saves to local (I use Tasker to automatically move to SD). I've tried OpenCamera and have no problem with saving to the SD card.

The most recent build includes the OTA updater.

I can't comment on Google Voice as I'm not in the USA and can't use it. I have no problem using other Voip apps though.

I'm currently using it as my daily driver and the only noticeable bug I've come across at the moment is the Google Assistant being disabled that you mentioned. I previously had the issue where everything would freeze when a message came in during a video, but haven't experienced it since I updated to the most recent build.

Reactions: JDubbed

JDubbed

Feb 18, 2011

I'm on the 1/20 build.

No problems on google voice, forward calls fine.

There was a bug on earlier builds where the fingerprint scanner would sleep to death and won't work on unlocking the phone from sleep (need to enter pin or passcode). This has since been resolved.

1/20 build passes safetynet without modification, can use banking apps fine.

Flash works, camera works, though I recommend GCAM for a superior camera app. https://www.cyanogenmods.org/downloads/bsg-gcam-8-4/

SD card works

I haven't had any OTA updates yet, but that's what patchnotes imply.

I'm still having problems with the audio on some games if the volume is below 50% though, notably genshin impact.. but all things considered, it's pretty insignificant compared to the QOL enhancements with android 12.

Appreciate your work @Alcatraz323
Did you use a specific flashing guide to get the ROM installed? Would you mind providing a link or step by step? Also wondering how did you migrate your data over? Did you just copy all personal data like pictures and stuff off phone and then wipe data/install the new ROM and then start personalizing everything again. Or is there a more efficient way to copy paste data?

Dec 13, 2021
Did you use a specific flashing guide to get the ROM installed? Would you mind providing a link or step by step? Also wondering how did you migrate your data over? Did you just copy all personal data like pictures and stuff off phone and then wipe data/install the new ROM and then start personalizing everything again. Or is there a more efficient way to copy paste data?

Yes, backup your stuff to a cloud service like google drive, import them when youre done flashing. Your google account will redownload all your apps and give you back your settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New version published, huge universal audio fix this time, check #2 pls
    Plus version come!!! check #2 for detail
    Broken link
    -----
    Also, it's been a while using PE on Verizon. No problems so far. Thanks!
    I am under the impression is really is just
    1. Flash Stock OS
    2. Sit on "Welcome" screen, wait for "LTE" to show up
    (2.5 if doesn't work, go a bit further where it checks for network connection? Don't do Wi-Fi of course)
    3. Reboot and flash PE

I'm hesitant to say this is the solution as I don't really have that much evidence or firm explanation as to why.
    -----
    Is there a way to check if some app is grabbing a camera? When I first got setup, I swear my camera app was detecting the 2nd camera and now it's not. The google camera app has "top shot" disabled suggesting something is grabbing a camera.
    Link to the post that Alcatraz323 shared initially that I used for reference in resolving my inability to connect to the Verizon network can be found here (just was on the thread to confirm accessibility):

* The link in #2 (your quoted post) appears to have an incorrectly formatted URL

2022-04-30_ImproperlyFormattedURL-.png

-----

Ultimately in regards to ensuring carrier service availability (at least with Verizon from what I can gather surrounding my own experience) it appears that the initial OTA update to 4.1 somehow lost/improperly overwrote a portion of the service definition IMS needs to properly communicate with Verizon's network. Re-flashing of the stock OS (Factory Image 9.0 - MR6) properly restored those service entries within the AndroidManifest.xml - once these were correctly present again, flashing the updated version of PE worked as expected since it was able to communicate properly with the Verizon network. (My device is also Global Unlocked, I realize that portion on my end was left out)

The above said I haven't experienced any issues with mobile data/carrier service availability other than the aforementioned incident and after the most recent release of the PLUS, I also dirty flashed that onto my RP2 and haven't experienced a single problem since.
    -----

Regarding the grabbing of a camera, between all three camera applications I have installed on my device ( GCamera Lite (com.google.android.apps.cameralite)*, GCamera (com.android.MGC_8_4_500)* and Open Camera (net.sourceforge.opencamera), both front facing and rear facing cameras are detected without issue. The Top Shot feature IS disabled in the GCamera application by default however I am unaware of whether it is able to be enabled as I haven't played with the settings. That said, according to the information provided on the help link next to the option there is a possibility it relies on specific Pixel hardware or simply hasn't been fully integrated/configured to function on the RP2 yet.

* These two applications are included in the PE image by default as noted a few times through various posts within this thread.

NFjZzFl.png
    PixelExperience for Razer Phone 2 [aura]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Extra Features
    PixelExperience feature
    7 levels of refresh rate switch
    Built-in Chroma controller
    Dolby Atmos™ from stock SMR6

Whats working?
    Almost everything

Known issues
    You tell me
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

How to flash
    Check other's tutorial, I prefer use my boot.img(aka. recovery) or lineage's recovery to sidelaod
    *Notice: If you ran into corruption warning(EIO) please use ' adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing" ' to enable verity, this may cause by your previous rom or kernel who disabled it.

Stay tuned
    My Telegram
    My Rp2 group
    QQ Group: 652748731

Download

FAQ:
    1. Verizon carrier out of service
    Here is step to solve

2. Gcam not using telescope lens
    Version(4.1) and newer using a new Gcam version that don't use it, if you want, download old version from my telegram group which can use it and wait for Gcam modders to publish stable version so I will update it in Rom.

==============================================

Current Update:
    Base version (non-plus):
    2022.4.16 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Device:
    1. device: fix aac for tws or normal headset
    2. device: fix aac for truck bluetooth stereo
    3. device: fix mic too low for any type video recording
    4. device: fix mic crash for in game tws(like pubg)
    5. device: fix Dolby conflict with ok google/adaptive sound
    6. device: tune speaker least volume
    7. device: add back Aptx, Aptx HD codec
    8. device: universal audio fix
    9. device: bring back active wake(pick up and wake/Doze)
    Upstream:
    1. April security patch
    2. Fixed charging animation not appearing
    3. Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
    4. Updated translations
    5. Others fixes
    Plus version:
    Dirty flash in rec to manually switch to Plus, backup data in case for any accident!!!
    Everything above included, and:
    1. LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    2. Hide Notch support.
    3. StatusBar shortcuts
    4. Rotation settings
    5. Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    6. Per-app volume settings
    7. Increasing ring volume
    8. Different gestures
    9. Power and Volume button customisations
    10. Network traffic monitor
    11. Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    12. Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    13. more other functions

History Updates (non-plus):
    2021.12.12 (first release)
    1. Introduce Android 12
    2. fix flashlight and multi camera
    3. fix refreshrate control
    4. add chroma, dolby

1. IMS, Mobile data fixed
    2. Color profile now selectable not system crashing

1. fix 1213's boot loop issue
    2. fix ANR on android.hardware.secure_element

1. fix sdcard issue, now it is fully functional on PE, also can format and using exFAT which has no 4G file size limit
    2. fix fingerprint now shown on mine or los, but available on stock rom or arter kernel(dtbo disabled)

2021.12.24 (*Recommend clean flash for update)
    1. sync PE stable
    2. SeLinux enforcing
    3. SafetyNet Passing

1. fix system animation stuck
    2. fix volume distortion under 50%
    3. Sync PE upstream

1. fix nfc issue

1. fix fingerprint sleep to death
    2. fix color mode issue(inverse color, color space simulation or color profile change cause bootloop)

1. add system updater (OTA)

2022.2.23 (*OTA available)
    1. kernel: merge upstream 4.9.302
    2. kernel: merge Tag LA.UM.10.3.r1-00900-sdm845.0
    3. device: fix refresh rate setting mismatch value and summary
    4. February Security patch
    5. Face Unlock added

2022.3.1 (*OTA available, but clean flash recommended for Dolby to keep alive)
    1. device: totally fixed some game volume distortion or too low under 50%
    2. device: fixed Dolby function and Dolby Tile service in systemui
    3. device: fixed Ok Google function
    4. device: fixed video cause screen freezing
    5. device: add Aptx, Aptx HD codec
    6. device: moved RazerParts App to Settings and add icon

2022.3.7 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    1. device: Fix Discord gif freezing
    2. device: Fix mic too low
    3. device: Add Dolby Atmos for a2dp
    4. device: Add Built in Google Camera
    5. device: RazerParts: chroma brightness fix
    6. device: RazerParts: chroma on booting fix
    7. device: RazerParts: function: kill chroma after screen lock
    8. device: RazerParts: add 40hz refresh rate
    9. device: RazerParts: fix Dolby Atmos jump
    10. device: RazerParts: fix chroma switch override
    11. device: Update WifiDisplay blobs

2022.3.31 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Upstream:
    1. Android 12L
    2. March update
    Device:
    1. kernel: Merge tag LA.UM.10.3.r1-01000-sdm845.0
    2. kernel: Merge 4.9.309
    3. device: fix hardware decoder for video low fps
    4. device: fix 4k video recording
    5. device: update IMS related blobs
    6. device: fix fingerprint animation location
    7. device: add QuickTap function

2022.4.1 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Tiny update from 3.31
    1. device: fix 3.31's refresh rate can't switch
    2. device: update MGC Gcam to 8.4.500_A10_V5

2022.4.16 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Device:
    1. device: fix aac for tws or normal headset
    2. device: fix aac for truck bluetooth stereo
    3. device: fix mic too low for any type video recording
    4. device: fix mic crash for in game tws(like pubg)
    5. device: fix Dolby conflict with ok google/adaptive sound
    6. device: tune speaker least volume
    7. device: add back Aptx, Aptx HD codec
    8. device: universal audio fix
    9. device: bring back active wake(pick up and wake/Doze)
    Upstream:
    1. April security patch
    2. Fixed charging animation not appearing
    3. Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
    4. Updated translations
    5. Others fixes

History Plus Updates:
    1. LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    2. Hide Notch support.
    3. StatusBar shortcuts
    4. Rotation settings
    5. Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    6. Per-app volume settings
    7. Increasing ring volume
    8. Different gestures
    9. Power and Volume button customisations
    10. Network traffic monitor
    11. Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    12. Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    13. more other functions
    New version published, huge universal audio fix this time, check #2 pls
    2022.2.23 Updated
    Hello official, 0120 updated, first official build added system updater(OTA)