[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] PixelExperience (Plus)[6.21 Updated(PLS check #2 for FAQ and changelog)][fixed: gif/video freeze, aptx, more]

Search This thread
Jun 7, 2018
Broken link
-----
Also, it's been a while using PE on Verizon. No problems so far. Thanks!
I am under the impression is really is just
1. Flash Stock OS
2. Sit on "Welcome" screen, wait for "LTE" to show up
(2.5 if doesnt work, go a bit further where it checks for network connection? Don't do wifi of course)
3. Reboot and flash PE

I'm hesitant to say this is the solution as I don't really have that much evidence or firm explanation as to why.
-----
Is there a way to check if some app is grabbing a camera? When I first got setup, I swear my camera app was detecting the 2nd camera and now it's not. The google camera app has "top shot" disabled suggesting something is grabbing a camera.

Broken link
-----
Also, it's been a while using PE on Verizon. No problems so far. Thanks!
I am under the impression is really is just
1. Flash Stock OS
2. Sit on "Welcome" screen, wait for "LTE" to show up
(2.5 if doesn't work, go a bit further where it checks for network connection? Don't do Wi-Fi of course)
3. Reboot and flash PE

I'm hesitant to say this is the solution as I don't really have that much evidence or firm explanation as to why.
-----
Is there a way to check if some app is grabbing a camera? When I first got setup, I swear my camera app was detecting the 2nd camera and now it's not. The google camera app has "top shot" disabled suggesting something is grabbing a camera.
Link to the post that Alcatraz323 shared initially that I used for reference in resolving my inability to connect to the Verizon network can be found here (just was on the thread to confirm accessibility):

* The link in #2 (your quoted post) appears to have an incorrectly formatted URL

2022-04-30_ImproperlyFormattedURL-.png

-----

Ultimately in regards to ensuring carrier service availability (at least with Verizon from what I can gather surrounding my own experience) it appears that the initial OTA update to 4.1 somehow lost/improperly overwrote a portion of the service definition IMS needs to properly communicate with Verizon's network. Re-flashing of the stock OS (Factory Image 9.0 - MR6) properly restored those service entries within the AndroidManifest.xml - once these were correctly present again, flashing the updated version of PE worked as expected since it was able to communicate properly with the Verizon network. (My device is also Global Unlocked, I realize that portion on my end was left out)

The above said I haven't experienced any issues with mobile data/carrier service availability other than the aforementioned incident and after the most recent release of the PLUS, I also dirty flashed that onto my RP2 and haven't experienced a single problem since.
-----

Regarding the grabbing of a camera, between all three camera applications I have installed on my device ( GCamera Lite (com.google.android.apps.cameralite)*, GCamera (com.android.MGC_8_4_500)* and Open Camera (net.sourceforge.opencamera), both front facing and rear facing cameras are detected without issue. The Top Shot feature IS disabled in the GCamera application by default however I am unaware of whether it is able to be enabled as I haven't played with the settings. That said, according to the information provided on the help link next to the option there is a possibility it relies on specific Pixel hardware or simply hasn't been fully integrated/configured to function on the RP2 yet.

* These two applications are included in the PE image by default as noted a few times through various posts within this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcboot

dokibull

Nov 29, 2012
Budapest
solved

hello guys! i need some help. i want to install this rom to my friends phone. after 3 days i got the fastboot drivers working(installing a clean win 10 b. 1909). i did unlock the bootloader and the critical to. but if i try to flash the pixelexperience recovery i got : Failed( write to device failed(unknown error) .

i tried now with an usb hub and got failed(remote: (recovery_a) no such partition

Last edited:
hey just wondering if anyone else is getting this bar at the bottom when going smaller or smallest in the display size. I'm on Plus - 4.21. If I long press on it it turns into a "pill". I don't like it there. :)

Attachments

• 18.05.2022_22.35.16_REC.png
    18.05.2022_22.35.16_REC.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 51

shmaki

Mar 28, 2015
I am using the 5.28PLUS version. You can register for fingerprint authentication and face authentication, but you can not use it for unlocking or authentication.

AuroraXDA

Nov 13, 2021
I am using the 5.28PLUS version. You can register for fingerprint authentication and face authentication, but you can not use it for unlocking or authentication.
5.28 plus here. I don't register face, but for finger is working fine. unlocking phone, google authentication, even mobile bank no issue.

shmaki

Mar 28, 2015
When I reset it, I was able to use both face authentication and fingerprint authentication! I am sorry

Anyone else having issues with Windows recognizing their RP2? I've got history of a buggy C port but its always worked with an adjustment of the cable. I've tried 3 other machines and a bunch of A to C cables. Even tried a MAC and even tried wireless debugging but cant get that to work. Wondering if its a latest update thing or my device.

Thanks!

AuroraXDA

Nov 13, 2021
Anyone else having issues with Windows recognizing their RP2? I've got history of a buggy C port but its always worked with an adjustment of the cable. I've tried 3 other machines and a bunch of A to C cables. Even tried a MAC and even tried wireless debugging but cant get that to work. Wondering if its a latest update thing or my device.

Thanks!
did you use usb 3 port? if so, try usb 2 it's working for me.
I can't use usb 3 anymore (not cable or port issue, tried other device is working fine). I thought it was my pc being weird because windows update or something. idk

yeah, tried multiple cables, a confirmed 2 port and same device manager on all machines ive tried/listed.
1655900097594.png

also want to mention that I'm in a USB 2 port. Any other ideas that I can use to get USB debugging to work?

Hate to ask but will an alternate custom recovery work where I can access internal storage? I'm getting anxiety without root. lol

Last edited:

s2601d

Nov 28, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 9 Pro
yeah, tried multiple cables, a confirmed 2 port and same device manager on all machines ive tried/listed.View attachment 5643077

also want to mention that I'm in a USB 2 port. Any other ideas that I can use to get USB debugging to work?

Hate to ask but will an alternate custom recovery work where I can access internal storage? I'm getting anxiety without root. lol
There only one way to fix it if you made before updater using Build in PE upgrade tool, not from bootloader, you must do a clean flash. Cause its seems like autoupdate problem. And put PE Plus edition.
If the issue still stay, and you phone will not be visible with ADB, and you are using Mirror Black model, then its done unfortunately, i like a person who made 3 times warranty change, and they always send me new model because as they sayed, its technical issue with loose type C port and its cannot be replaced or fixed. Finally they just send me Satin Black which have fixed USB Type C port. Belive me if its already loose one day you just can't charge it. So better start think allready now for a new phone, or in worst way Satin Black model.
So try clean flash, not help, then its done.

There only one way to fix it if you made before updater using Build in PE upgrade tool, not from bootloader, you must do a clean flash. Cause its seems like autoupdate problem. And put PE Plus edition.
If the issue still stay, and you phone will not be visible with ADB, and you are using Mirror Black model, then its done unfortunately, i like a person who made 3 times warranty change, and they always send me new model because as they sayed, its technical issue with loose type C port and its cannot be replaced or fixed. Finally they just send me Satin Black which have fixed USB Type C port. Belive me if its already loose one day you just can't charge it. So better start think allready now for a new phone, or in worst way Satin Black model.
So try clean flash, not help, then its done.
Oh wow! thanks for all this info! Yeah I have a satin black model. I'll definitely consider the RMA approach. I'm been slowly losing it thinking is PC issue but thanks for reciprocating thats it could be a port issue.

I realize this might not be the right forum for this with my device issues and all. If it is please let me know and Ill delete.

So I created an RMA with Razer last night. I wanted to mention that I am still able to charge but yeah the data connection seems dead. I'm just looking for a yes or no whether flashing from internal storage is an option. Like can I use TWRP without breaking the ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    June update pulished, check #2 for details

NFjZzFl.png
    PixelExperience for Razer Phone 2 [aura]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Extra Features
    PixelExperience feature
    7 levels of refresh rate switch
    Built-in Chroma controller
    Dolby Atmos™ from stock SMR6

Whats working?
    Almost everything

Known issues
    You tell me
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

How to flash
    Check other's tutorial, I prefer use my boot.img(aka. recovery) or lineage's recovery to sidelaod
    *Notice: If you ran into corruption warning(EIO) please use ' adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing" ' to enable verity, this may cause by your previous rom or kernel who disabled it.

Stay tuned
    My Telegram
    My Rp2 group
    QQ Group: 652748731

Download

FAQ:
    1. Verizon carrier out of service
    Here is step to solve

==============================================

Current Update:
    Base version (non-plus):
    Device:
    1. device: correct 2k screen display density & use 2k icons
    Upstream:
    1. June security patch
    2. Updated translations
    3. Fixed video playback issues on some devices
    4. Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
    5. Fixed ringtone selection for devices with e-SIM
    6. Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
    7. Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
    8. Other minor issues have been fixed
    Plus version:
    Dirty flash in rec to manually switch to Plus, but backup data in case for any accident!!!
    Everything above included, and:
    1. Fixed network traffic behavior when toggling clock position to center

History Updates (non-plus):
    2021.12.12 (first release)
    1. Introduce Android 12
    2. fix flashlight and multi camera
    3. fix refreshrate control
    4. add chroma, dolby

1. IMS, Mobile data fixed
    2. Color profile now selectable not system crashing

1. fix 1213's boot loop issue
    2. fix ANR on android.hardware.secure_element

1. fix sdcard issue, now it is fully functional on PE, also can format and using exFAT which has no 4G file size limit
    2. fix fingerprint now shown on mine or los, but available on stock rom or arter kernel(dtbo disabled)

2021.12.24 (*Recommend clean flash for update)
    1. sync PE stable
    2. SeLinux enforcing
    3. SafetyNet Passing

1. fix system animation stuck
    2. fix volume distortion under 50%
    3. Sync PE upstream

1. fix nfc issue

1. fix fingerprint sleep to death
    2. fix color mode issue(inverse color, color space simulation or color profile change cause bootloop)

1. add system updater (OTA)

2022.2.23 (*OTA available)
    1. kernel: merge upstream 4.9.302
    2. kernel: merge Tag LA.UM.10.3.r1-00900-sdm845.0
    3. device: fix refresh rate setting mismatch value and summary
    4. February Security patch
    5. Face Unlock added

2022.3.1 (*OTA available, but clean flash recommended for Dolby to keep alive)
    1. device: totally fixed some game volume distortion or too low under 50%
    2. device: fixed Dolby function and Dolby Tile service in systemui
    3. device: fixed Ok Google function
    4. device: fixed video cause screen freezing
    5. device: add Aptx, Aptx HD codec
    6. device: moved RazerParts App to Settings and add icon

2022.3.7 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    1. device: Fix Discord gif freezing
    2. device: Fix mic too low
    3. device: Add Dolby Atmos for a2dp
    4. device: Add Built in Google Camera
    5. device: RazerParts: chroma brightness fix
    6. device: RazerParts: chroma on booting fix
    7. device: RazerParts: function: kill chroma after screen lock
    8. device: RazerParts: add 40hz refresh rate
    9. device: RazerParts: fix Dolby Atmos jump
    10. device: RazerParts: fix chroma switch override
    11. device: Update WifiDisplay blobs

2022.3.31 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Upstream:
    1. Android 12L
    2. March update
    Device:
    1. kernel: Merge tag LA.UM.10.3.r1-01000-sdm845.0
    2. kernel: Merge 4.9.309
    3. device: fix hardware decoder for video low fps
    4. device: fix 4k video recording
    5. device: update IMS related blobs
    6. device: fix fingerprint animation location
    7. device: add QuickTap function

2022.4.1 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Tiny update from 3.31
    1. device: fix 3.31's refresh rate can't switch
    2. device: update MGC Gcam to 8.4.500_A10_V5

2022.4.16 (*OTA available from 3.1 and after, but if FROM BEFORE 3.1, MUST CLEAN FLASH)
    Device:
    1. device: fix aac for tws or normal headset
    2. device: fix aac for truck bluetooth stereo
    3. device: fix mic too low for any type video recording
    4. device: fix mic crash for in game tws(like pubg)
    5. device: fix Dolby conflict with ok google/adaptive sound
    6. device: tune speaker least volume
    7. device: add back Aptx, Aptx HD codec
    8. device: universal audio fix
    9. device: bring back active wake(pick up and wake/Doze)
    Upstream:
    1. April security patch
    2. Fixed charging animation not appearing
    3. Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
    4. Updated translations
    5. Others fixes
    Device:
    1. kernel: merge LA.UM.10.3.r1-01700-sdm845.0 from Qualcomm
    2. kernel: merge 4.9.316 from aosp
    3. device: fix gpu error for "masterduel" and some other games
    4. device: fix charge interrupt frequently under 50%
    5. device: offline charging animation change(fixed bzzz lines)
    6. device: Gcam update(telescope back)
    Upstream:
    1. May security patch
    2. Updated translations and gapps
    3. Fixed battery widget not working properly
    4. Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    5. Others fixes
    Device:
    1. device: correct 2k screen display density & use 2k icons
    Upstream:
    1. June security patch
    2. Updated translations
    3. Fixed video playback issues on some devices
    4. Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
    5. Fixed ringtone selection for devices with e-SIM
    6. Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
    7. Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
    8. Other minor issues have been fixed

History Plus Updates:
    1. LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    2. Hide Notch support.
    3. StatusBar shortcuts
    4. Rotation settings
    5. Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    6. Per-app volume settings
    7. Increasing ring volume
    8. Different gestures
    9. Power and Volume button customisations
    10. Network traffic monitor
    11. Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    12. Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    13. more other functions
    1. Improved statusbar brightness control
    2. Introduced more granular settings for hotspot(5G, always on, blacklist)
    3. Reverted QS background on white theme to old style
    1. Fixed network traffic behavior when toggling clock position to center
    New version published, huge universal audio fix this time, check #2 pls
    2022.2.23 Updated
    Hello official, 0120 updated, first official build added system updater(OTA)