• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][UNIFIED][22/10/2021]

Did you like this project?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Fraise_07

Oct 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8
So I try this ROM for gaming, and it's stuttering a lot (my case is genshin impact. Maybe I'll try another game as well)
I know usually the game sometimes lagging, but not like this

I already attached the recording files (I'm using internal recorder. I already try recording with Some third party apps from play store, but the apps was crash. What the internal screen records is what I see)

The games stuttering when the game load the terrain, map, some special effects, and object while rendering.

I already try using OpenGL and vulkan. But the results is the same

I already do a clean flash, but still same results

Then, I try benchmarking with 3DMark. I tried to benchmark with sling shot benchmark, but the benchmark is unable to load and stuck on loading screen. Screenshot attached.

I give up? No, I try benchmarking with API Overhead in 3D mark, and the results is working fine, no lag, and no stutter

So, I feel there is a problem with the r/w internal storage

I tried to benchmark the internal storage with Apps2SD pro and yeah... the screen stuttering a lot

So, I feel there is a bug with the internal storage

Edit :
When I try using PixelOS with android 11, I didn't find this kind of problem

And sometimes, I found a problem with the quick settings. When I try to long press the quick settings, the animation still stuttering

Attachments

• YouCut_20211024_183102635.mp4
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211024-204912_3DMark.png
    Screenshot_20211024-204912_3DMark.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

LatifSC

Feb 4, 2019
the issue is confirmed and im looking forward for a fix, will be helpful if you can provide an adb log for it
I will when i get on my pc. Also i have this problem with Apple Music. It started just now or maybe i didnt notice it since i dont hit these buttons too much but it started doing this in the latest build.

Attachments

• screen-20211025-022755.mp4
    21.4 MB · Views: 0

LatifSC

Feb 4, 2019
So I try this ROM for gaming, and it's stuttering a lot (my case is genshin impact. Maybe I'll try another game as well)

I already attached the recording files (I'm using internal recorder. I already try recording with Some third party apps from play store, but the apps was crash. What the internal screen records is what I see)

The games stuttering when the game load the terrain, map, some special effects, and object while rendering.

Then, I try benchmarking with 3DMark. I tried to benchmark with sling shot benchmark, but the benchmark is unable to load and stuck on loading screen. Screenshot attached.

I give up? No, I try benchmarking with API Overhead in 3D mark, and the results is working fine, no lag, and no stutter

I tried to benchmark the internal storage with Apps2SD pro and yeah... the screen stuttering a lot

Edit :

And sometimes, I found a problem with the quick settings. When I try to long press the quick settings, the animation still stuttering
Genshin is very poorly optimised on Android maybe it has problems with Android 12. My friend has Galaxy S10+ and he gets around 40fps with maxed out settings and stutters rarely. Even its unoptimised on iOS aswell. I have stutters in every setting with iPhone 11. That phone is killer for every game and yet it can run Genshin with 60 fps maxed out.

Also you should disable this setting from developer options to get rid of stuttering animations:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-040417_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211025-040417_Settings.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Fraise_07

Oct 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8
Genshin is very poorly optimised on Android maybe it has problems with Android 12. My friend has Galaxy S10+ and he gets around 40fps with maxed out settings and stutters rarely. Even its unoptimised on iOS aswell. I have stutters in every setting with iPhone 11. That phone is killer for every game and yet it can run Genshin with 60 fps maxed out.

Also you should disable this setting from developer options to get rid of stuttering animations:
Yeah, i think the dev of the game not ready yet for Android 12. It maybe took a while for them to optimized for Android 12

I already disable the blurs effect from the developer setting from the beginning, but it doesn't really effect too much for me

Actually, bug animation effect stuttering sometimes happened and sometimes it doesn't. But more often it doesn't happen

Edit :
Video attachment removed due to my privacy, sorry about that

The system taking more ram than Android 11, and its absolutely normal because Android 12 have more features

Last edited:

LatifSC

Feb 4, 2019
Yeah, i think the dev of the game not ready yet for Android 12. It maybe took a while for them to optimized for Android 12

I already disable the blurs effect from the developer setting from the beginning, but it doesn't really effect too much for me

Actually, bug animation effect stuttering sometimes happened and sometimes it doesn't. But more often it doesn't happen

Edit :
Video attachment removed due to my privacy, sorry about that
Animation stutters still happens to me if there is a video playback. Yeah, it should be fixed.

I also find that this rom is smoother from every other roms that i've used since Android 9 even in gaming. It was giving me around 30 fps in SUBWAY SURFERS but in this rom its stable around 60. I didnt test gaming much since i dont play games on phones that much anymore. Will test Honkai Impact 3rd at some point. This phone was handling maxed out settings exept resolution was set to high and it was around 40 fps.

whyredFire

Edit :

probably not yet optimized well for android 12 and since we're using the initial AOSP 12.0 code there will be some performance sacrifices coming from android 11, even pixels have it
read this article ones for a better idea

dushi007

Oct 18, 2020
I found a bug, the phone will vibrate when the finger touches the fingerprint recognition module when the phone is in use

Top Liked Posts