• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][UNIFIED][27/11/2021]

Did you like this project?

• Total voters
Search This thread

LatifSC

Feb 4, 2019
Just updated to latest encrypted build. Fingerprint crash thingy still exists. ._.
Update: The sensor also crashes Google Photos app. Also i can't get access to /Android file.
Update 2: I've switched to decrypted release.
Update 3: Fingerprint issue only affects Google apps. Chrome and Dialer seems fine but others aren't.

Last edited:

mananhl

May 10, 2015
Bac Giang, Vietnam
Redmi Note 8
just did a clean install with the lastest build, and now I got a huge issue. i am not able to install app from play store or download anything from internet, it just says I don't have enough space even though my phone still has 48gb free. someone help pls!
WIN_20211023_18_38_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211023_18_40_00_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Shingen-san

Nov 27, 2016
Latest build has problem with volume, i can change level of volume, it is always maximum even though i turn off volume
Others are good and smooth.

danik13227

Mar 10, 2018
returns error 1 when trying to flash decrypted build, clean flash
edit: tried to install PE recovery for encrypted build, got a "system destroyed". perhaps i shouldn't update yet lol

Last edited:

Fraise_07

Oct 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8
So, I just do a dirty flash from previous build (sorry dev, I'm just too curious) , and everything is working fine. No format data or clear data needed

It boot normally, charging bug fixed, and the Google chrome issues is fixed

fingerprint issues still not fixed (the fingerprint sensor still receive input, even if I'm already open the lock screen. And if you touch the fingerprint sensor, somehow it makes app that you open not working properly)

Currently I'm using orange fox version R11.0_1
This is what I do :
1. Download the last decrypted version (because I'm using decrypted version in the previous build)
2. Reboot into orangefox recovery
3. Wipe dalvik, cache, system, and vendor
4. Flash the last decrypted build
5. Reboot. And after boot, update notification appear (forgot to take screenshot because I was Surprised because it's boot normally, sorry)

It's not recommend, but somehow it's working for me

Magisk will gone (yes, I'm using magisk)
To fix that, just flash magisk.zip from recovery
Is fixed now? Not yet, some magisk module won't work correctly (actually I just notice Dolby Atmos module not working properly, and other module still working fine)
To fix that, I just reinstall the modules, and it's working fine again

Edit :
My device is ginkgo

The previous build I'm using is PixelOS_ginkgo-12.0-20211021-1853-1 and the last build I'm using is 12.0-20211023-0419-decrypted

Last edited:
Reactions: mzcl-mn

gannicus93

Oct 23, 2021
as far , the build is very stable , just problems in video player in google chrome , brave browser not working , and i miss xiaomi parts and 3 finger swipe for screenshots

LatifSC

Feb 4, 2019
as far , the build is very stable , just problems in video player in google chrome , brave browser not working , and i miss xiaomi parts and 3 finger swipe for screenshots
You can flash Xiaomi Parts with Magisk:
MOD EDIT: Link Removed
I don't know if it works on Android 12 i didn't test it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mzcl-mn

gannicus93

Oct 23, 2021
sometimes i can't expand the status bar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-175352_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20211023-175352_Pixel Launcher.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 58

EmpressLovelace

Oct 23, 2021
Latest build (decrypted, ginkgo) works amazingly well so far, but the 'Quickly open camera' gesture doesn't do anything even when enabled. Tested with the default camera app and the latest anxcamera, neither of which respond to the gesture. (log)

Other than that, it'd be nice to have the hold power button flashlight gesture and the ability to turn off notification vibrations/sounds when the screen is on, but I'm not sure how doable that is in android 12

Maximaro

Sep 24, 2016
Potsdam
Samsung Galaxy J5
Redmi Note 8
Hello I have a Problem with the Whyred Ginkgo Rom. Because i cant change Volume Output on Headphone (yes iam one of the lucky ones who got some XD ) So Music is playback oin Mezzo Player and Volume is up to: Yes
So Volume slider is down to 0 and Mezzo also but it is still screaming my ears of. Please give me Tipps or a fixxed Rom. At least please tell it the Users in Bug Section. Thank you =)

whyredFire

Hello I have a Problem with the Whyred Ginkgo Rom. Because i cant change Volume Output on Headphone (yes iam one of the lucky ones who got some XD ) So Music is playback oin Mezzo Player and Volume is up to: Yes
So Volume slider is down to 0 and Mezzo also but it is still screaming my ears of. Please give me Tipps or a fixxed Rom. At least please tell it the Users in Bug Section. Thank you =)
the bug has been confirmed to only occur on offline music players and only with audio files having mp3 format, it works just fine on online streaming platforms or offline audio files with formats like .aac or .flac

whyredFire

Just updated to latest encrypted build. Fingerprint crash thingy still exists. ._.
Update: The sensor also crashes Google Photos app. Also i can't get access to /Android file.
Update 2: I've switched to decrypted release.
Update 3: Fingerprint issue only affects Google apps. Chrome and Dialer seems fine but others aren't.
the issue is confirmed and im looking forward for a fix, will be helpful if you can provide an adb log for it

whyredFire

Latest build has problem with volume, i can change level of volume, it is always maximum even though i turn off volume
Others are good and smooth.
the bug has been confirmed to only occur on offline music players and only with audio files having mp3 format, it works just fine on online streaming platforms or offline audio files with formats like .aac or .flac

whyredFire

returns error 1 when trying to flash decrypted build, clean flash
edit: tried to install PE recovery for encrypted build, got a "system destroyed". perhaps i shouldn't update yet lol
error 1 stands for corrupt zip file, ill try to put shasum for verification from next release
for the system destroyed, yes a few people had it, you can still fix it by vbmeta and flash pe recovery again which works

Reactions: danik13227

whyredFire

So, I just do a dirty flash from previous build (sorry dev, I'm just too curious) , and everything is working fine. No format data or clear data needed

It boot normally, charging bug fixed, and the Google chrome issues is fixed

fingerprint issues still not fixed (the fingerprint sensor still receive input, even if I'm already open the lock screen. And if you touch the fingerprint sensor, somehow it makes app that you open not working properly)

Currently I'm using orange fox version R11.0_1
This is what I do :
1. Download the last decrypted version (because I'm using decrypted version in the previous build)
2. Reboot into orangefox recovery
3. Wipe dalvik, cache, system, and vendor
4. Flash the last decrypted build
5. Reboot. And after boot, update notification appear (forgot to take screenshot because I was Surprised because it's boot normally, sorry)

It's not recommend, but somehow it's working for me

Magisk will gone (yes, I'm using magisk)
To fix that, just flash magisk.zip from recovery
Is fixed now? Not yet, some magisk module won't work correctly (actually I just notice Dolby Atmos module not working properly, and other module still working fine)
To fix that, I just reinstall the modules, and it's working fine again

Edit :
My device is ginkgo

The previous build I'm using is PixelOS_ginkgo-12.0-20211021-1853-1 and the last build I'm using is 12.0-20211023-0419-decrypted
i asked to clean flash because multiple users in my telegram group still had issues from previous builds while testing, so its a hit or miss
magisk patches the boot image and when you dirty flash the rom, it overwrites the stock boot image which removes magisk, thats very normal behaviour
yes I am still looking forward to fixing that fingerprint sensor bug

whyredFire

Latest build (decrypted, ginkgo) works amazingly well so far, but the 'Quickly open camera' gesture doesn't do anything even when enabled. Tested with the default camera app and the latest anxcamera, neither of which respond to the gesture. (log)

Other than that, it'd be nice to have the hold power button flashlight gesture and the ability to turn off notification vibrations/sounds when the screen is on, but I'm not sure how doable that is in android 12
quickly open camera doesn't work here as well, will look for a fix (thanks for the log)
about that flashlight gesture, we already have a google assistant shortcut for long press power button, so we either replace it with flashlight gesture or else its not coming back

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Minneapolis
I flashed the decrypted version and then firmware, and it booted. but it couldn't access my storage. Google play services had access permission to files. No app could get updated as well. Files didn't show any files.
Now I wanna go back to Android 11, but it doesn't boot and decrypt my storage through Orange recovery after sideloading the rom and firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The rom was originally posted on XDA Forums and has no relation whatsoever with my telegram group, I'll make a post here if the ROM gets dropped.
    Great ROM, thanks! I've been using it for a couple of days now.

The only issues I've noticed are that, for example, in Settings, when you tap on an option, the light starts out with these white dots, I'm not sure if it's intentional:View attachment 5449361
    and people on VoIP calls (Discord, Viber) have trouble hearing me - I've been told I'm quiet and that background noise is louder than me. Could the issue be that the microphones are swapped, perhaps? Normal calls work normally, as far as I'm aware.
    The white dots are normal and part of the new design of Android 12
    Bugs:
    1. Sound from speaker is very high, needs to be reduced ig .
    Use hires module from ryuki, set speaker sound to 24bit
    Just installed it, so far - amazing! Thank you for your hard work ^_^
    Great ROM my only problem is that my carrier apps dont work one gives me an error saying that android verdion is not verified by google while the other loops , thats why i might change
    Pixelos-Shenhe.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Improvements over PE
    Performance improvements from Proton Aosp
    Adopted screenshot sounds to ringer mode
    Added gestures for three finger screenshots and double tap to sleep on lockscreen and status bar
    Added Screen Recording Customizations
    Added 3-finger swipe to Screenshot
    Added Advanced Reboot
    Allow disabling Screenshot Sounds
    Added Bluetooth headset battery indicator
    Reduced log spam verbosity
    A lot of under the hood UI fixes and improvements
    Everything is working well to be used as a daily driver

Device Specific Issues:
    • WiFi Display
    • You tell me.

Requirements
    • Latest Global Stable Android 11 firmware for ginkgo and willow users

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T Download | Mirror
    Firmware https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/ginkgo/
    https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/willow/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    DFE (optional) https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/...8/Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_20201008.zip
    Recovery https://orangefox.download/release/6032d6286089bc071b3adcf6
    PE Recovery https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/builds/releases/download/2021-10-23/PE-recovery.img

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Based on OSS vendor
    • Ships with QuicksilveR-v2.5 kernel
    • GApps are included
    • Enforcing Build
    • Encrypted Build

PE Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. they won't be able to decrypt your data.
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if encrypted)
    • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Flash latest android 11 global stable firmware (link above)
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Reboot and voila!

Tip: Use this adb command to bring seperate WiFi and Mobile Data tiles back
    adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),wifi,cell"

Also Read: Encryption FAQ

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire

Source Code
    PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 12.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    Stable Release Date: 22 October 2021
    PixelOS_ginkgo-12.0-20211023

Changelog:
    • Fixed drm crash (was responsible to multiple app crashes)
    • Added exfat support for sdcards
    • Fixed flickering animations
    • UI is now much smoother and more responsive
    • This release has two builds, encrypted and decrypted (please read encryption FAQ here)

Notes:
    • Everything works other than NFC (willow only)
    • Enforcing build
    • GApps included
    - Clean flash mandatory
    • PLEASE READ XDA THREAD BEFORE FLASHING

Important Links
    Download https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/builds/releases/tag/2021-10-23
    Telegram Support Group https://t.me/whyredfirehub
    Screenshots https://t.me/whyredfiredev/201?single
    XDA Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...osp-unified-22-10-2021.4237791/#post-84541917
    Donate https://paypal.me/whyredfire
    Didn't find any camera app after the first boot. Does it have any? Would be great, if it has had MiCam port.
    this month
    The rom was originally posted on XDA Forums and has no relation whatsoever with my telegram group, I'll make a post here if the ROM gets dropped.
    New PixelishExperience Release (12/5/2021)
    Download SourceForge | Mirror
    Donate
    Full Changelog

Notes
    - Dirty flash on the previous pixelish will be fine
    - Don't flash it over PixelOS unless clean
    - OTA Update pushed

Device Changelog
    - Fixed offline charging animation
    - Updated Redfin may fingerprint
    - Enabled iorapd (improved app launches and i/o)
    - Upstreamed kernel to 4.14.232 LTS
    - Added fingerprint shutter in MiuiCamera
    - Fixed 5ghz wifi on android 11 firmware
    - Improved 5ghz wifi signal tolerance
    - Improved and fine tuned auto brightness algorithm
    - Fixed KCAL not applying on first boot
    - Reduced min cpu freq and boosts for battery improvement
    - Tuned cpusets and scheduler for better performance
    - Merged tag LA.UM.9.11.r1-03900-NICOBAR.0 into kernel
    - Added missing ANT+ hal, few rootdir tweaks
    - Fixes "Device is too hot" issue in apps Like Gphotos
    - Fixed HWC crash on boot