• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-2.1-Shade

Search This thread

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes, works for Android 12.

For more details go here: https://nikgapps.com/downloads

You can't install Full or Stock Package, not enought space (after restarting no keyboard on wizard)

I have install by sideload Chiperos 2.0 then the Gapps Omni package for having Wizard but infortunatly I'm not SafetyNet compliance anymore :-/

Face unlock is not present.
SafetyNet is fixed in the next update. (And yes I wait for the faceunlock stuff too)

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes. In the next version the icon does show up in the status bar. Normally it should work right out of the box with the current version
Oh ok, i was wondering b/c i am on Miui 11.1.2.0 with Google Fi and when i try to make a call, the signal goes to H+. I figured using the 86583 code would enable VoLte but seems like i was mistaken. So that's good to know, but does Miui 12.5 also have VoLte Fixed? Or just the custom roms such as this has VoLte exclusively?

Oh and... Do i need to flash miui firmware before flashing this rom?

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Oh ok, i was wondering b/c i am on Miui 11.1.2.0 with Google Fi and when i try to make a call, the signal goes to H+. I figured using the 86583 code would enable VoLte but seems like i was mistaken. So that's good to know, but does Miui 12.5 also have VoLte Fixed? Or just the custom roms such as this has VoLte exclusively?

Oh and... Do i need to flash miui firmware before flashing this rom?
Idk how 12.5 handles that and yes try to install the 12.5.4 firmware

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I think I'll wait for the next update before trying it, hopefully my work apps won't have any issues...

Got a couple of more questions

1-no freezes on this build?

2- Do we get Google photos unlimited storage like in the old Android 11 Roms? This is a huge deal for me because I take a lot of pictures and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that I had unlimited storage again because the ROM made Google photos think that I had a pixel phone

Reactions: Fredenmaker

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Guys new update is out!
Dying device bug is fixed for the rest see the changelog. For GAPPS please use BitGapps. ANX V190 R lite does work
I'm going to try a full install from official miui 12.5.

What order should I follow?

-TWRP
-Flash rom
-Flash gapps
-Flash ANX (Can anyone tell me an explanation of how to install ANX? Never done it)
-Boot

Is that the correct order?

atrufinibr

May 27, 2010
Lisbon
Might be a noob question but
1. The boot wizard was removed by the BitGapps, right?
2. When i boot into recovery, the files are encrypted and the password screen does not appear, what sould i do?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Might be a noob question but
1. The boot wizard was removed by the BitGapps, right?
2. When i boot into recovery, the files are encrypted and the password screen does not appear, what sould i do?
there is currently no setup wizard. If you had read the bug list 😅you would find the info that decryption in the recovery is not working. I'm working on a recovery

Reactions: atrufinibr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news guys the new Cipher 2.1 update is out! For changes see the changelog
    Where can I find this fastboot version ?
    here but please look for the fastboot type. You can flash it in MiFlash
    Hi,
    External disk does not see exfat and NTFS. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Yes, I have to change something in the fstab
    Rom is running great!
    but i cant find face unlock its not there in the settings.
    Also missing wake up on lift and i wonder if somebody have tried V4A on this? rom maby rootless work? thanks
    Hi, faceunlock is not implemented in Cipher yet. You find the wake settings here: Display -> Ambient display
    EDIT: ****... while I rebased my tree I introduced a typo... Will push the hotfix tomorrow. The problem is you have to format /data
    I decided to to push it with the next sec update
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports A12)
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Builds before 25.11.2021
    1. Flash latest recovery
    2. Download the newest CipherOS version
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery with adb sideload
    4. Format data
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

Builds after 25.11.2021
    1. Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    New update is out. Now we are official.
    Official will be released in next few days