• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-2.1-Shade

Search This thread

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for your work Alibei. I came from the LineageOS and you were right, this System is better. However I found some bugs. I use it with Bitgapps and the google operates well except the assistant. I can not use the tesco pay+, and the UBER driver has no navigation voice. Every slider on max. I found only theese problems so far. The system is Fantastic anyway!

borlom

Mar 22, 2017
I think I found two errors in
CipherOS-2.0-KNIGHT-cipher_tucana-20211120-1740-BETA-OFFICIAL-VANILLA
1) The alarm clock changes the time and when you turn it off you see on the lock screen that it is still active with a different time than when you set the alarm.
2) Whatsapp can't take pictures. To send photos you must make it and then share it with Whatsapp. There must be some bug with the camera.

Everything else works perfect. The fingerprint unlocking is very fast.

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Reporting on the status of the ROM. Daily driver material. Just wanted to send some more feedback

- material you colors work fine on settings and stuff but after a day or so the themed icons will default to red despite wallpaper being any other color

- this might have to do with the kernel and the amazing battery life that I'm getting. But most of my messaging apps and email will not notify me for new messages until I open them (Line, Whatsapp, messenger ) this is really annoying sometimes I get delayed notifications and sometimes I open Line just to find out that someone sent me a message 5 hours ago and it will notify me just when I open the app. I already made sure to de activate battery optimization but this still keeps happening.

- wear os stops sending me notificaciones and sometimes does not connect via Bluetooth

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
New update is out. A clean flash is needed. OTA is supported but you have to install the update manually for now. If you want to install the OTA for future builds you have to disable screen lock. I updated the installation instructions. Don't forget to install the latest twrp

If after this update no files are showing up in the recovery you have to remove your screen lock

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
New update is out. A clean flash is needed. OTA is supported but you have to install the update manually for now. If you want to install the OTA for future builds you have to disable screen lock. I updated the installation instructions. Don't forget to install the latest twrp

If after this update no files are showing up in the recovery you have to remove your screen lock
I was reading the instructions but I am a bit confused and got some questions hope you can help me

Is there a version with Gapps included or should we flash bit Gapps again ?

Of I'm not mistaken I should .

-Update TWRP via adb side load
-clean flash this update ( via adb side load flash the new ROM then format )
- flash bit Gapps (in case there's no version with Gapps)
-flash magisk

Boot ?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I was reading the instructions but I am a bit confused and got some questions hope you can help me

Is there a version with Gapps included or should we flash bit Gapps again ?

Of I'm not mistaken I should .

-Update TWRP via adb side load
-clean flash this update ( via adb side load flash the new ROM then format )
- flash bit Gapps (in case there's no version with Gapps)
-flash magisk

Boot ?
There is a version with gapps included. Flash the new TWRP version, flash the rom, wipe cache, format data, (flash magisk)

xenipps

Nov 29, 2021
I can enable the rfkill in the kernel and can enable some extra drivers for USB wifi adapters. Any specific adapters?
If the ROM can utilize them idk
It's look good . For examples my adapter in ss.

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_214851.jpg
    IMG_20211129_214851.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24

Therieth

Jul 13, 2021
Any way to make the apps have data without the need to open them?
I can go on for 10 hours without messages till I open the apps myself and I tried anything I could to change that behavior. Thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news guys the new Cipher 2.1 update is out! For changes see the changelog
    I see @alibei is busy with both cipherOS and lineageOS threads. Which one is recommended for the mi note 10?
    Hi, lineage is still A11 and unstable. Cipher is A12 and stable. The most annoying bugs like not working "Hey google" are fixed in the next update.
    Where can I find this fastboot version ?
    here but please look for the fastboot type. You can flash it in MiFlash
    Hi,
    External disk does not see exfat and NTFS. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Yes, I have to change something in the fstab
    Rom is running great!
    but i cant find face unlock its not there in the settings.
    Also missing wake up on lift and i wonder if somebody have tried V4A on this? rom maby rootless work? thanks
    Hi, faceunlock is not implemented in Cipher yet. You find the wake settings here: Display -> Ambient display
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports A12)
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Builds before 25.11.2021
    1. Flash latest recovery
    2. Download the newest CipherOS version
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery with adb sideload
    4. Format data
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

Builds after 25.11.2021
    1. Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    New update is out. Now we are official.
    Official will be released in next few days