• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-2.1-Shade

Search This thread

import_noob

Dec 2, 2021
hi I am already using : miui 12 ,miroom beta 20.7.9,android 10 ,magisk20.4,orangeFox r11.O beta.
And first time I will use a aosp room. so if I download aosp and flash it it will be ok right ? and back to recovery to flash google apps ? Will magisk installed with aosp ? If I backup my sdcard with miroom I will be installed right ? Thank you in advanced

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
hi I am already using : miui 12 ,miroom beta 20.7.9,android 10 ,magisk20.4,orangeFox r11.O beta.
And first time I will use a aosp room. so if I download aosp and flash it it will be ok right ? and back to recovery to flash google apps ? Will magisk installed with aosp ? If I backup my sdcard with miroom I will be installed right ? Thank you in advanced
Read the installation instructions

agit13

Feb 7, 2020
With Gapps included this ROM is awesome, thank you for your work! It's a daily driver, very smooth and until now there are no bugs :)

I just have a question: SafetyNet should be bypassed without Magisk, but with the latest version it doesn't work. Had to install Magisk and use SafetyNet Module to get my banking app working, is that normal?

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
With Gapps included this ROM is awesome, thank you for your work! It's a daily driver, very smooth and until now there are no bugs :)

I just have a question: SafetyNet should be bypassed without Magisk, but with the latest version it doesn't work. Had to install Magisk and use MagiskDenyList + SafetyNet Module to get my banking app working, is that normal?
SafetyNet gets bypassed by default. Banking apps are another story

Reactions: agit13
Sep 16, 2019
updated twrp seems to corrupt something just by booting it.... passcode enabled rebooted into twrp by accident, rebooted to system and now it crashes when i try to unlock.... now to set it up again....

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
updated twrp seems to corrupt something just by booting it.... passcode enabled rebooted into twrp by accident, rebooted to system and now it crashes when i try to unlock.... now to set it up again....
Idk what happend. You can boot the new twrp even without disabled screen lock but it will just show some random letters in the internal storage

Sep 16, 2019
Idk what happend. You can boot the new twrp even without disabled screen lock but it will just show some random letters in the internal storage
I'm not sure either. It did actually show correct file/folder names in TWRP both with and without screen lock. For now, I'll keep screen lock/passcode turned off and flashed other recovery in case I accidentally reboot to it.

To further elaborate on the unlock crashing, specifically what it was doing is I'd reboot to TWRP, immediately reboot to system, then it would ask me for passcode and when I put it in, it made the screen black for half a second, then asked me for passcode again. I think it could be failing to decrypt, and it seems to only happen when rebooting from TWRP. Only wild speculation on my part though.

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm not sure either. It did actually show correct file/folder names in TWRP both with and without screen lock. For now, I'll keep screen lock/passcode turned off and flashed other recovery in case I accidentally reboot to it.

To further elaborate on the unlock crashing, specifically what it was doing is I'd reboot to TWRP, immediately reboot to system, then it would ask me for passcode and when I put it in, it made the screen black for half a second, then asked me for passcode again. I think it could be failing to decrypt, and it seems to only happen when rebooting from TWRP. Only wild speculation on my part though.
before you updated the twrp you did also update cipheros? if yes did you format data because I changed the encryption variant to a newer one

ukiz

I have been using the rom for over two weeks now and it is super reliable, smooth, not a single freeze/reboot and the battery is awesome, big thanks @alibei ! The only minor issue is auto brightness, which is too dim in low light, even after adjusting it manually many times, it goes back to the original dim level.

Reactions: toeb

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have been using the rom for over two weeks now and it is super reliable, smooth, not a single freeze/reboot and the battery is awesome, big thanks @alibei ! The only minor issue is auto brightness, which is too dim in low light, even after adjusting it manually many times, it goes back to the original dim level.
Hi, that is already fixed and will ship in the next upate

gaja22

Oct 31, 2010
Montlouis-Sur-Loire
Hello! I'm very curious about your ROM, I'm on lastest Xiaomi.eu stable ROM and Iwould like to know how is the camera on this ROM? It is same as MIUI? Regards, thanks for your great job!

ukiz

Hi, that is already fixed and will ship in the next upate
Great, thanks a lot!

Camera quality is good if you use a gcam with proper config. Although no 108mp mode is available in gcam. Or you can try to use AnxCam
Yes, gcam gives great results, but be prepared to wait some seconds when swiching lens or modes. Can you recommend a good config for BSG's gcam, as there are several available? I tried a few and there was always something I needed to change to get things working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news guys the new Cipher 2.1 update is out! For changes see the changelog
    Where can I find this fastboot version ?
    here but please look for the fastboot type. You can flash it in MiFlash
    Hi,
    External disk does not see exfat and NTFS. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Yes, I have to change something in the fstab
    Rom is running great!
    but i cant find face unlock its not there in the settings.
    Also missing wake up on lift and i wonder if somebody have tried V4A on this? rom maby rootless work? thanks
    Hi, faceunlock is not implemented in Cipher yet. You find the wake settings here: Display -> Ambient display
    EDIT: ****... while I rebased my tree I introduced a typo... Will push the hotfix tomorrow. The problem is you have to format /data
    I decided to to push it with the next sec update
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports A12)
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Builds before 25.11.2021
    1. Flash latest recovery
    2. Download the newest CipherOS version
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery with adb sideload
    4. Format data
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

Builds after 25.11.2021
    1. Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    New update is out. Now we are official.
    Official will be released in next few days