[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello, i am new to custom rom. Previously i was on miui 12.4 globar stock rom. I have been using this rom for last 10 days. So far very good. Very Good battery life. Very smooth. Also the look and other options is very good.
The problem i faced is - FOD - after register my fingerprint it worked fine for couple of time. Then it wont recognized my fingerprint no matter how i tried. Then i have to go again to register. Face detection is very good.
Secondly -
I cant connect to my pc with mobile. It dont show on my pc. I have turn on usb tethering and after connect i also select file transfer mode. But device dont show. I have to go to twrp mode and then it showed up on pc.
These are 2 bugs i found. OTG working fine though.

Is there any net speed show option on this rom?
Also i like very much if there more Font choosing option on next update. There are some fonts but i like if there is more option.
Also i like gcam. But miui camera was a bit faster. Is there anything may be done to port anx camera on this rom? Thank you.
Hi,
showing the net speed is currently supported. Also anx cannot run on los based roms only on aosp ones. Some fonts could be added maybe. Have to talk with the founder of the rom. Do you want any specific fonts?

darkdipu

Nov 25, 2012
Is net speed integrated with rom? If so how can i enable it? Or i have to download others apps?
No specific fonts needed. But i previously install octaviOS. I saw many font in that rom. Thats why i ask. Its not emergency. Overall this rom is very good.

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is net speed integrated with rom? If so how can i enable it? Or i have to download others apps?
No specific fonts needed. But i previously install octaviOS. I saw many font in that rom. Thats why i ask. Its not emergency. Overall this rom is very good.
In this build speed indicator is disabled for devices with a notch like in los (because it puts the speed indicator under the notch

Jaymaple

Mar 26, 2021
Hello, i am new to custom rom. Previously i was on miui 12.4 globar stock rom. I have been using this rom for last 10 days. So far very good. Very Good battery life. Very smooth. Also the look and other options is very good.
The problem i faced is - FOD - after register my fingerprint it worked fine for couple of time. Then it wont recognized my fingerprint no matter how i tried. Then i have to go again to register. Face detection is very good.
Secondly -
I cant connect to my pc with mobile. It dont show on my pc. I have turn on usb tethering and after connect i also select file transfer mode. But device dont show. I have to go to twrp mode and then it showed up on pc.
These are 2 bugs i found. OTG working fine though.

Is there any net speed show option on this rom?
Also i like very much if there more Font choosing option on next update. There are some fonts but i like if there is more option.
Also i like gcam. But miui camera was a bit faster. Is there anything may be done to port anx camera on this rom? Thank you.

Hello Developer of rom is taking a break and we are patiently waiting for anx camera port from another dev. In short - just have to wait

ond96

Jun 30, 2016
Xiaomi 13
Just installed, google pay let me add a card, so I am staying and not going back to MIUI! Cheers @alibei
Ngl, I just thought that there would be a bit more customization like Havoc OS or RR. Nevertheless, please any idea how to get the stock cam please?
Just havent found it, but PLEASE, is there always on display? The stock MIUI one was terrible. And I loved the one on RR

Reactions: Jaymaple

Jaymaple

Mar 26, 2021
Just installed, google pay let me add a card, so I am staying and not going back to MIUI! Cheers @alibei
Ngl, I just thought that there would be a bit more customization like Havoc OS or RR. Nevertheless, please any idea how to get the stock cam please?
Just havent found it, but PLEASE, is there always on display? The stock MIUI one was terrible. And I loved the one on RR

Yes also wish we can have similar capabilities of stock cam and selfie camera on this ROM!

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I've been running lineage os on the latest build for almost a month now. How does this compare to cipher os?

Lineage os has been great but on my experience it has 3 main issues, at least in my device

1-sometimes it freezes completely. It could happen either every 4 or 5 days once, or sometimes 3 times in a day. It just freezes, the screen remains on and it becomes unresponsive, I have to reboot.

2- some of the working apps I use detect the phone has root and won't work, even tho I didn't root the phone, I just unlocked the bootloader and installed twrp.

3- under screen fingerprint is just not working right. I'm talking 5 straight attempts telling me that is not recognized. Only 1 out of 10 attempts will recognize the finger right away.

So, does cipher has the same short comings? More? Less?

gomorin

Jan 28, 2017
widevine L1 is not working for me, any suggestion? I just flashed the rom from miui, did all the steps for first time installation, but it's L3 for me uwu

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've been running lineage os on the latest build for almost a month now. How does this compare to cipher os?

Lineage os has been great but on my experience it has 3 main issues, at least in my device

1-sometimes it freezes completely. It could happen either every 4 or 5 days once, or sometimes 3 times in a day. It just freezes, the screen remains on and it becomes unresponsive, I have to reboot.

2- some of the working apps I use detect the phone has root and won't work, even tho I didn't root the phone, I just unlocked the bootloader and installed twrp.

3- under screen fingerprint is just not working right. I'm talking 5 straight attempts telling me that is not recognized. Only 1 out of 10 attempts will recognize the finger right away.

So, does cipher has the same short comings? More? Less?
These bugs get fixed in the update after the one which comes tomorrow / day after tomorrow

darkdipu

Nov 25, 2012
At the night, fingerprint sensor does not work at all. If in Livedisplay night temperature is below 6500k, then these happen. but if I disable the night temperature option then the fingerprint sensor works almost all the time ( 4 out of 5).

gomorin

Jan 28, 2017
Did you Install magisk?
Yes, but I checked with DRM info before (after updating google services and all) and after installing magisk, both were L3, but I have the theory that is because something is not ok in the rom itself (I'm referring to the apps detecting root even without magisk) so I'll check again after the update

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes, but I checked with DRM info before (after updating google services and all) and after installing magisk, both were L3, but I have the theory that is because something is not ok in the rom itself (I'm referring to the apps detecting root even without magisk) so I'll check again after the update
I checked with mine and it shows L1 so idk whats wrong

Last edited:

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Is somebody else having problems with fingerprint?
Yes, it fails a lot, but my main issue are the freezes, sometimes it freezes once every 3 days sometimes 4 times in one day. The main developer said those problems would be fixed on the update after the one that comes next. He's dealing with a health issue so we've just gotta be patient and grateful for the time being

Reactions: hyrog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is obsolete for a long time, but there is a hope for A14 release. The dev is working on it, but no ETA.

You seem to be quite out of the date, mate, as you use the obsolete names. GPay was replaced by GWallet and SafetyNet is deprecated, now Play Integrity is in use. To be able to make contactless payments on a device with unlocked bootloader, you need PlayIntegrityFix module.
    I guess I am a bit out of date😅. I was looking for the thread of redmi note 10 and ended up in mi note 10 😂. Well, you cleared my crucial issue with my safety net. I didn't knew that play integrity is the trend now. Lol
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.