[ROM][12][OOS CAM] CherishOS 3.4 for OnePlus 8T [OFFICIAL][2022-02-16]

Search This thread
cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH(for first install) :
1st Method(Recommend):
1. Reboot to bootloader
2. Download Fastboot Enhanced Tool
3. Open it, select your device, reboot to fastbootd
4. Download the ROM zip from sourceforge & extract it and find the payload.bin file inside it.
5. Flash Payload.bin via the tool. Reboot to recovery after you have flashed the rom.
6. Format Data & Reboot to System

2nd Method(Using Sideload):
Note: You can't sideload with any recoveries, only some recoveries support sideloading this rom. I have provided one below

1. Download ROM zip from sourceforge and put it in adb folder
2. Download recovery.img from here
2. Put it in the folder where you have your adb files, and then open a terminal and execute the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Choose "Apply update"
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip
6. Reboot to recovery
7. Factory reset / Wipe all data
8. Reboot system

Dirty Flash(to update):
1st Method(Recommend):
1. Reboot to bootloader
4. Download the ROM zip from sourceforge & extract it and find the payload.bin file inside it.
5. Flash Payload.bin via the tool. Reboot to recovery after you have flashed the rom.
6. Reboot to System

2. Reboot to recovery
3. Choose "Apply update"
Code:
adb sideload rom.zip
5. Reboot to recovery
6. Reboot system

Download ROM(Gapps)

credits.png

-Lineage OS

-AOSP

-Pixel Experience

-DotOS

- @1249131356

- @chandu dyavanapelli

- Others who I forgot to mention

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?

Wifi

RIL

Mobile data

GPS

Camera

Flashlight

Camcorder

Bluetooth

FMRadio

Fingerprint reader

NFC

Lights

Sound / vibration

Known issues

You tell me? (none)

source.png

Cherish-OS Source

Kernel Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

CherishOS for OnePlus 8T

Device: kebab

Maintainer: @Amsal1

Build Type: Official

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.225

Based On: AOSP

Android OS version: 12

Security patch level: January 2022

Version Information:

Stable

Current Stable Version: 3.3.5

SELinux Status: Enforcing

Last edited:
Build Info:
- Inbuilt OnePlus OOSCam, Gallery and Dolby
- Oneplus Device Settings with TouchGestures added
- Safetynet passes by default

Screenshots Attached to the post!

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-28_02-03-25.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-25.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 867
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-24 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-24 (2).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 824
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-24.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-24.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 802
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-23.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-23.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 768
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-22 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-22 (2).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 715
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-22.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-22.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 693
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-21.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-21.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 681
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-20 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-20 (2).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 661
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-20.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-20.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 647
  • photo_2022-01-28_02-03-07.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_02-03-07.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 873

Ivanherrero

Jul 7, 2014
Build Info:

I like the rom, but I don't know why the color of the letters in dark mode are not white, it is in a pink tone and I don't like it, that's why I change the rom, I have tried to modify it but it never goes blank

the only rom that doesn't happen is in the dev one, I don't understand why

Zekedw

Jan 31, 2016
Can anyone help me? Just got this device and wanted to try some android 12 roms. I was under the impression that oneplus devices would be easy to flash too. However this A/B partition thing is a real pain. Can't get anything flashed and all of the tutorials don't work. Used fastboot enhance, tried ADB sideload (doesn't work, some kind of version doesn't matc client or something) and twrp that I used to use on my other devices is a headache to use

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Every a12 rom pretty much has it's own method and recovery to flash with. You just have to do your homework and read the op's for each rom. Do a little research on how a/b partitions work. Nobody will spoonfeed you how to do. If you have problems almost every rom has telegram channel you can ask on?

Zekedw

Jan 31, 2016
Every a12 rom pretty much has it's own method and recovery to flash with. You just have to do your homework and read the op's for each rom. Do a little research on how a/b partitions work. Nobody will spoonfeed you how to do. If you have problems almost every rom has telegram channel you can ask on?
Well I guess that's it for me and modding this device then. I have read countless posts and watched videos and followed them step by step and still no progress. Not looking to be spoon fed, just trying to see if there is something I might me missing

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
Can anyone help me? Just got this device and wanted to try some android 12 roms. I was under the impression that oneplus devices would be easy to flash too. However this A/B partition thing is a real pain. Can't get anything flashed and all of the tutorials don't work. Used fastboot enhance, tried ADB sideload (doesn't work, some kind of version doesn't matc client or something) and twrp that I used to use on my other devices is a headache to use
The main thing you need to know for this device regarding A/B is that you need to have the latest firmware from Oneplus on both slots.

Run all your updates and then find the Lineage Wiki for kebab. There is a script there that will copy firmware to both slots so you can start flashing ROMs.

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well I guess that's it for me and modding this device then. I have read countless posts and watched videos and followed them step by step and still no progress. Not looking to be spoon fed, just trying to see if there is something I might me missing
A lot more involved than just flashing a rom, such as "do you know how to repair you phone when it bootloops?" It will eventually happen. What partitions you should backup before flashing a rom. Sorry, that's just the reality.

Zekedw

Jan 31, 2016
A lot more involved than just flashing a rom, such as "do you know how to repair you phone when it bootloops?" It will eventually happen. What partitions you should backup before flashing a rom. Sorry, that's just the reality.
I have actually repaired it from a boot loop many times. I've been modding and flashing for many years. It's just that this is my first a/b device and despite all the tutorials and research I've done it still hasn't worked. I'm not giving up tho, just wondering what I'm missing. I actually did get a couple roms to work. But I don't know why I'm not getting them to work now. More research I guess...

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have many problems trying to install these roms on my phone using sideload or twrp no matter what recovery I use. End up dumping files from payload bin and flashing individual files using fastbootd. Only handful of files to flash, not like oos rom. Almost foolproof. Just make sure you reboot to recovery and format data before booting to system.

Yes. That is because A12 latest standards uses a different assert verification process (which is used to detect the device before loading packages into the recovery). TWRP and old recoveries are still using old asserts from A11 standards. I don't like to implement the old assert thus you can either flash using any fastboot installer script or fastboot enhanced. One tester confirmed me that lineage recovery also worked fine for him but I still recommend fastboot installer mode.

Last edited:
I like the rom, but I don't know why the color of the letters in dark mode are not white, it is in a pink tone and I don't like it, that's why I change the rom, I have tried to modify it but it never goes blank

the only rom that doesn't happen is in the dev one, I don't understand why
Have you tried changing monet colour through Cherish Settings->Themes->Custom Color?

Can you give more details, since I can't reproduce the issue and many of my testers have tested it for days and have no issues with changing monet colours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH(for first install) :
    1st Method(Recommend):
    1. Reboot to bootloader
    6. Format Data & Reboot to System

Note: You can't sideload with any recoveries, only some recoveries support sideloading this rom. I have provided one below

2. Download recovery.img from here
    2. Put it in the folder where you have your adb files, and then open a terminal and execute the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Choose "Apply update"
    Code:
    adb sideload rom.zip
    6. Reboot to recovery
    7. Factory reset / Wipe all data
    8. Reboot system

Dirty Flash(to update):
    1st Method(Recommend):
    1. Reboot to bootloader
    6. Reboot to System

2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Choose "Apply update"
    Code:
    adb sideload rom.zip
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Reboot system

Download ROM(Gapps)

credits.png

-Lineage OS

-AOSP

-Pixel Experience

-DotOS

- @1249131356

- @chandu dyavanapelli

- Others who I forgot to mention

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?

Wifi

RIL

Mobile data

GPS

Camera

Flashlight

Camcorder

Bluetooth

FMRadio

Fingerprint reader

NFC

Lights

Sound / vibration

Known issues

You tell me? (none)

source.png

Cherish-OS Source

Kernel Source

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

CherishOS for OnePlus 8T

Device: kebab

Maintainer: @Amsal1

Build Type: Official

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.225

Based On: AOSP

Android OS version: 12

Security patch level: January 2022

Version Information:

Stable

Current Stable Version: 3.3.5

SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Build Info:

Update - 3.4

Device Changelogs:
    - Enabled QuickTap
    - Switched to IllusionX kernel
    - Updated WFD Stack from lemonadep
    - Added min/max refresh rate settings
    - Improve rounded corners
    - Added themed icons for oneplus camera & gallery
    - some more improvements and fixes
    Just checking this ROM out, does the Fingerprint reader work while AOD is on?
    Yes, it works on AOD. BTW, I will be pushing an update in next 1-2days!