Search This thread

yashk1

Mar 20, 2022
Switzerland
Samsung Galaxy S8
Reactions: Visse0704

mindect

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks, but I think I did exactly that. Installed safetynet fix, enabled zygisk, enabled enforce deny list, put all google services on deny list, cleared cache and data of GP service and google play, rebooted... still not working :/

EDIT: Found the problem, seems to be the custom props values in MagiskHide Props Config I needed to get Galaxy Wearable working. So it's either google pay or wearable, until I find a solution
This worked for me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-wearable-app-on-rooted-phone-help.3838503/

for Samsung device with custom ROM only) :

If it's not already done, install the "MagiskHide Props Config" module from Magisk and then reboot.

Open a terminal emulator and run "su" then "props", when the module is loaded, type "1" to edit fingerprint, choose Google, then Pixel 3 (even if you're not on Android 9). For all of the manipulations when the module asks you to reboot, don't reboot.

After that, go back to the main menu and choose "Improved hiding" and enable it.

Then, go back to the main menu again and choose "Add/Edit custom props". Now we need to change everything that is related to Samsung.

Do theses steps for every prop we need to edit :

1. Type "n" to add a custom prop

2. Now we need to say which prop we need to edit : "ro.product.brand", "ro.product.device", "ro.product.manufacturer", "ro.product.model", "ro.product.name" and "ro.vendor.product.manufacturer" (Type only one of them and without the " ")

3. If the value already exists it will show you what is the actual value of the prop, and if it doesn't exist, double check that you didn't make any mistake when typing it and if not, skip it.

4. Then type respectively : "google", "crosshatch", "google", "Pixel 3", "crosshatch" and "google" (without " ")

5. The module will asks you for when do you want this to be applied ? Just keep "default" and validate with "y"

6. When you have done this for the 6 props, you should have something like the screenshots.

Now you can reboot your phone, delete all the data of the Galaxy Wearable app and it should open ! And also don't forget to hide it with Magisk Hide before clearing data.

What we have done here is to change all of the values of a Samsung related phone to a non Samsung phone, and I think that the app is checking a specific thing (like a TouchWiz related thing), and if it can't find it, the phone is unofficial and the app doesn't want to run. But with the other brands they can't do that so the app is running without problem.

Last thing, if doesn't work even with that, go to Settings, About phone and check if it's now shown as a Pixel 3, if not, there might be an issue somewhere else. Make sure that your ROM passes SafetyNet. Or if you want, you can open a build prop editor, search for "samsung", "zeroflte" (Galaxy S6 specific), etc... and see if there is a prop that I/you missed and change it to "google", "crosshatch", etc…

Reactions: RelativeVelocity
Mar 4, 2016
This worked for me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-wearable-app-on-rooted-phone-help.3838503/

for Samsung device with custom ROM only) :

If it's not already done, install the "MagiskHide Props Config" module from Magisk and then reboot.

Open a terminal emulator and run "su" then "props", when the module is loaded, type "1" to edit fingerprint, choose Google, then Pixel 3 (even if you're not on Android 9). For all of the manipulations when the module asks you to reboot, don't reboot.

After that, go back to the main menu and choose "Improved hiding" and enable it.

Then, go back to the main menu again and choose "Add/Edit custom props". Now we need to change everything that is related to Samsung.

Do theses steps for every prop we need to edit :

1. Type "n" to add a custom prop

2. Now we need to say which prop we need to edit : "ro.product.brand", "ro.product.device", "ro.product.manufacturer", "ro.product.model", "ro.product.name" and "ro.vendor.product.manufacturer" (Type only one of them and without the " ")

3. If the value already exists it will show you what is the actual value of the prop, and if it doesn't exist, double check that you didn't make any mistake when typing it and if not, skip it.

4. Then type respectively : "google", "crosshatch", "google", "Pixel 3", "crosshatch" and "google" (without " ")

5. The module will asks you for when do you want this to be applied ? Just keep "default" and validate with "y"

6. When you have done this for the 6 props, you should have something like the screenshots.

Now you can reboot your phone, delete all the data of the Galaxy Wearable app and it should open ! And also don't forget to hide it with Magisk Hide before clearing data.

What we have done here is to change all of the values of a Samsung related phone to a non Samsung phone, and I think that the app is checking a specific thing (like a TouchWiz related thing), and if it can't find it, the phone is unofficial and the app doesn't want to run. But with the other brands they can't do that so the app is running without problem.

Last thing, if doesn't work even with that, go to Settings, About phone and check if it's now shown as a Pixel 3, if not, there might be an issue somewhere else. Make sure that your ROM passes SafetyNet. Or if you want, you can open a build prop editor, search for "samsung", "zeroflte" (Galaxy S6 specific), etc... and see if there is a prop that I/you missed and change it to "google", "crosshatch", etc…
Thank you! That worked, now my watch finally connects. I wish the problems would end there, but now when I try making a call over the watch the voice out of the speakers is completly distorted. Everything else sounds fine, only for calls it's unusable.

leoxman00

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you so much for all the work you do
I have updated the s8+ now.
Everything works fine except waking up via the button in the middle when the screen is off. It worked in the previous build but now it only gives feedback but the screen stays black

keanuV

Sep 14, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Can someone please help me? I flashed this rom and it's fully working but my problem is whenever I set the brightness low, the screen would flicker endlessly not unless I set the highest brightness. Thank you!

Unique Name

Jun 3, 2022
Installed, Rooted and passing Safety Net! Amazing ROM, my S8+ is faster than it was on stock, snappy and a dream to use now - it feels brand new.
Thank you for the amazing work!

Top Liked Posts