[ROM][12][S8/S8+/N8][OTA Updates] PixelExperience / Plus edition [AOSP]

Search This thread
Smooth performance than stock ROM, great work.

Just a few questions though. (just 2)

1. Is there a way to configure the display's screen resolution?
In the stock ROM, we can change from 720p, 1080p, and 4k. Is that something only the stock ROM can do? I can't seem to find it.

2. Is there a way to configure the Bixby button?
Since bixby button is a samsung thing, I presume only stock ROM can configure it... but just asking to make sure.

Device Info:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F)
Build 3 Plus Edition

Last edited:

hak4

Dec 26, 2016
I think bro u want to change dp
go setting -- developer option --- smallest width --- u change dp 360

I think bro u want to change dp
go setting -- developer option --- smallest width --- u change dp 360
I don't think that's it though. It just changes my display size from phone to tablet layout (incl. font size) compared to the setting available in the stock ROM where the display size and font don't change.

[Update]
It still shows the same resolution even after changing it to different dps.

Last edited:
Smooth performance than stock ROM, great work.

Just a few questions though. (just 2)

1. Is there a way to configure the display's screen resolution?
In the stock ROM, we can change from 720p, 1080p, and 4k. Is that something only the stock ROM can do? I can't seem to find it.

2. Is there a way to configure the Bixby button?
Since bixby button is a samsung thing, I presume only stock ROM can configure it... but just asking to make sure.

Possible issues that I found so far are:

1. Slow wireless charging (almost 50% speed degradation)

Device Info:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F)
Build 3 Plus Edition
there is a magisk module called " simple resolution changer " it is the closest thing to what you are looking for but I don't know how it behaves like the stock rom, try it

Reactions: jhdcruz

expressluke

there is a magisk module called " simple resolution changer " it is the closest thing to what you are looking for but I don't know how it behaves like the stock rom, try it
Not like you need to change the resolution, it does nothing to improve battery life whether that be stock or AOSP or serve any purpose but to reduce the quality of the visible objects on the display

Reactions: jhdcruz

jatinder08

May 16, 2016
Updated my Note 8 via OTA. Thanks to the developers for the great work. Everything seems to work fine. Just the Bixby key is not working.
Thanks once again Cheers..

expressluke

Thnx man. How was the camera? Which Gcam version you installed for Note 8? Did you you perform a clean install PE+ directly over stock or should I need to install build 3 first?
Default camera app is average, on the same level as lineage and other rom. If you're on any pe12 build you can dirty flash, otherwise you need to install the latest build released, zip fron post 172 cleanly by wiping system data, caches

No gcam installed by default but you can install your own that you prefer

Sabbir036

Oct 11, 2021
Default camera app is average, on the same level as lineage and other rom. If you're on any pe12 build you can dirty flash, otherwise you need to install the latest build released, zip fron post 172 cleanly by wiping system data, caches

No gcam installed by default but you can install your own that you prefer
Thank you for your quick reply.

Top Liked Posts