Development [ROM][12][Sweet][Sweetin] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
View attachment 5696567

Not PE PLUS.... Just plain PE.. I guess i accidentally downloaded Pixel experience instead of pixel experience plus update. I'll go ahead and eat my foot... Sorry for the confusion.. I am having serious battery drain issues though... I'm glad i stay at home all day... After roughly an hour unplugged of browsing, my phone gets really hot and I'm down to 40% battery so fast... I'm not *****in' about it, just confirming another post about battery drain. Any advice for better battery life would be great..
no worries.
battery drainage. it should have gotten better after updating to lates version (August) that was recently released.
however, my best advice is to leave PE for this device behind and either use ArrowOS or @Laptapper 's beloved LineageOS (rightfully so).
I've switched to Arrow one day prior to Zidan finally releasing an update since June. And I should have done so earlier. Quite some aspects from usability, updates, communication and look and feel that I find much better in Arrow.
And - absolutely no f*** drainiage. deep sleep. cool device. no worries whatsoever, no crashes, no issues with unlock not responding etc. etc.
:)

Robbie D

Sep 30, 2013
Fort Worth
Redmi Note 10 Pro
no worries.
battery drainage. it should have gotten better after updating to lates version (August) that was recently released.
however, my best advice is to leave PE for this device behind and either use ArrowOS or @Laptapper 's beloved LineageOS (rightfully so).
I've switched to Arrow one day prior to Zidan finally releasing an update since June. And I should have done so earlier. Quite some aspects from usability, updates, communication and look and feel that I find much better in Arrow.
And - absolutely no f*** drainiage. deep sleep. cool device. no worries whatsoever, no crashes, no issues with unlock not responding etc. etc.
:)
I will miss this ROM,,, I wish that it could be updated with better functionality and battery life. I understand sometimes certain features must be left out, due to the fact that they are battery intensive. I think a firmware upgrade and a little extra time when building the ROM would make this one so much better than all the rest.. unfortunately I will be looking into another custom ROM, as I cannot use this one as a daily without being super close to a charging solution and some of the gestures that aren't present. I do understand that some things are out of the developers control, so I'm just going to gracefully switch to another one and no hard feelings towards this developer.

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I will miss this ROM,,, I wish that it could be updated with better functionality and battery life. I understand sometimes certain features must be left out, due to the fact that they are battery intensive. I think a firmware upgrade and a little extra time when building the ROM would make this one so much better than all the rest.. unfortunately I will be looking into another custom ROM, as I cannot use this one as a daily without being super close to a charging solution and some of the gestures that aren't present. I do understand that some things are out of the developers control, so I'm just going to gracefully switch to another one and no hard feelings towards this developer.
agreed

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Any hint as to how I get this effed up rom's version of TWRP to let me use normal TWRP? I can't install any saved from my SD CARD
Dame Story. I had given up in TWRP for sweet.
Any hint as to how I get this effed up rom's version of TWRP to let me use normal TWRP? I can't install any saved from my SD CARD
PE does use it's own recovery, not TWRP. Just flash TWRP version for sweet. If you go for another room best format and delete all. Be advised to backup sd card. Rom sometimes wants to format as card when new.

Robbie D

Sep 30, 2013
Fort Worth
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Yes.. I finally figured it out.. I wasn't fast enough to catch your message before i got out of the ROM.. System now wants me to format that SD card.... What a mess... Oh well... 'Tis life... What's another 2 to 3 hours of my time? I'll just sleep less to make up for it... Thanks to all who helped me out..

Reactions: majus82

0verEngineer

Aug 14, 2022
I just installed the latest update and my keyboard is lagging like crazy...
Any ideas?

Edit: Just reinstalling the Keyboard fixed it.

Last edited:

burntcake

Apr 6, 2021

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 10 Pro [sweet]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
NFC
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel

Thank you for your efforts. waiting for my bootloader to be unlocked.

Download button redirects to Mojito's page.
I'm getting 5.10 error on Netflix

Robbie D

Sep 30, 2013
Fort Worth
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Find another ROM that is more stable AND doesn't "trap" you into using a whole other version of twrp that's hard to understand the functions, as they are worded and the GUI IS different, and was quite different from the real OG TWRP. Also do a backup of your SD CARD, or you will lose ALL of the files stored on it.. It took me about 2 hours to free my phone from the PE ROM... You might be more technically advanced than me, but if you find any of the root, flashing, adb,etc stuff difficult, you may just want to get that keyboard fixed and hope nothing else needs "fixed". I did enjoy this ROM and gave it a good bit of time for the wrinkles to go away, but in my case, they got worse. Best wishes and always keep the updates updated, etc..

Abcdboyuser

Aug 29, 2022
Is there any screen flickering in the redmi note 10 pro max ??
A youtuber said that the after install pixel experience the screen flickering.
Dolby Atmos support is not available in that.
Here is the YouTube video link -

nuclearrmaggie

Aug 14, 2022
There are a lot of HUGE BUG'S on this rom. Even MIUI, which is called problematic, works more stable than this rom. It's a shame that the camera is 12 mp and other modes don't work. Battery drains very fast. Videos cannot be played properly. Stutter occurs in transition animations. I would not recommend using this rom unless these bugs and bugs like them are fixed. Definitely not a long term rom. Similar problems exist in 11 Plus rom. If necessary, stay on problematic rom like MIUI but don't have to use 12 mp camera when the device has 108 mp camera. Or, don't be condemned to 1.5 amps while the device supports 3 amps of charging.

I love Pixel rom, I have used it on my other devices. But whoever is doing the development work for this device is a disgrace to the craftsmanship and development. There are huge shortcomings. Things that worked fine on the Redmi Note 9S with Pixel 12 Plus rom installed work lousy on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. It is unacceptable to have such disgraces in 2022, I definitely do not recommend this rom as it is to users who plan to use this ron in their long-term and daily work. If the problems are resolved, it would be great to use this rom, but as it stands, it offers a lousy and disgraceful experi

There are a lot of HUGE BUG'S on this rom. Even MIUI, which is called problematic, works more stable than this rom. It's a shame that the camera is 12 mp and other modes don't work. Battery drains very fast. Videos cannot be played properly. Stutter occurs in transition animations. I would not recommend using this rom unless these bugs and bugs like them are fixed. Definitely not a long term rom. Similar problems exist in 11 Plus rom. If necessary, stay on problematic rom like MIUI but don't have to use 12 mp camera when the device has 108 mp camera. Or, don't be condemned to 1.5 amps while the device supports 3 amps of charging.

I love Pixel rom, I have used it on my other devices. But whoever is doing the development work for this device is a disgrace to the craftsmanship and development. There are huge shortcomings. Things that worked fine on the Redmi Note 9S with Pixel 12 Plus rom installed work lousy on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. It is unacceptable to have such disgraces in 2022, I definitely do not recommend this rom as it is to users who plan to use this ron in their long-term and daily work. If the problems are resolved, it would be great to use this rom, but as it stands, it offers a lousy and disgraceful experience.
How can u complaint sooo much about something u got for free???

BigChungus321

I'm an end user, I either give a positive review or a negative review. Paid or free doesn't matter to me. Goting free does not take away our right to criticize. If this rom is touted as one of the best custom roms of Android, it shouldn't be that bug&issue. If there is a deficiency, it MUST be written in the main message, so let's not waste time! The first post has a huge "issues" section. But nothing is written in it.

I still stand behind the issues I mentioned. It's 2022, when you install the rom, the phone charging speed is 1500 mah at most. You're looking at the camera, disgrace. The phone, which has a 108-megapixel camera, has a 12-megapixel camera as if making fun of it. It's okay if the year is 2012, but the year is 2022. Apart from these, this rom has screen flickering problem. And this rom has a fast battery drain problem.
For the camera, 12mp is the output photo because of Pixel Binning (9-1). It does use the 108mp sensor regardless but it can't and will not output 108mp photo without the use of the MIUI Camera/ANX Camera. You can upscale it to 108mp but it's more of a mess full of jagged edge. Plus, the 108mp raw photo from stock cam, in my opinion, is not good. That's why the 108mp option is buried in the settings itself, it doesn't give good dynamic range or even support HDR or AI mode. So for most alternative camera/gcam, an output photo of 12mp is very much usable.

Also, for me, megapixels isn't gonna be the standard for a good camera, megapixel is just the resolution and sharpness of a photo. It's the sensor that should be the determining factor. Look at iPhone 13 Pro Max, a 12mp main camera yet widely regarded as the current "best camera" on a phone. Makes more sense too when comparing RN10Pro's 108mp photo to Samsung S22 Ultra's 108mp. Both uses 108mp sensor yet comparison side-by-side and sweet/sweetin doesn't even comes close. So it's best to just use 12mp output and maximize the camera's potential using software such as gcam mods.

BigChungus321

Sir, okay, I understand that Google camera can shoot better for software-related reasons. But there are some other problems:
-No super macro mode
-No slow motion mode
-No night mode
-No fast motion mode
-No portrait mode
-No pro mode
-No panorama mode
How do we solve them with google camera software?
Welp macro, night mode, timelapse, portrait, and panorama are all working fine on most if not all on the latest GCams out there.
Pro mode and slow motion are the buggy ones and require a specific GCam version (bsg 8.1 for slow motion) and xml config to work properly. And I agree too, I find GCam's UI to be more clunky and laggy compared to stock camera but the photos they output is amazing. GCam isn't very feature-pack unlike stock cam too.
Check out @Laptapper 's GCam thread. There you can find the current "best" configs for GCam developed by the community. Some even managed to replicate an iPhone's camera and color output. Try them out and see for yourself.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Sir, okay, I understand that Google camera can shoot better for software-related reasons. But there are some other problems:
-No super macro mode
-No slow motion mode
-No night mode
-No fast motion mode
-No portrait mode
-No pro mode
-No panorama mode
How do we solve them with google camera software?
Why you share your opinion without any documentation, better say facts?
It isn't all true what you writing here!?

Fact is that a google cam actually give better shots as stock cam. The stock 108 is useless bad and the details, even in pro mode have much less details as some gcam configs.....
Please checkout and give comparisons and then you'll recognize that in most situations gcam give better results as stock...

Last edited:

ramoncitobrioso

Jun 23, 2012
Mine is having a problem with charging after the second to the last update.

If using a different fast charger keeps disconnecting after a second, on and off charging. If low watts charger works fine.

Anybody else have this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 10 Pro [sweet]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    NFC
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Update (04/04/22):

• March security patch
    • Rebased over Android 12L source code
    • Updated translations
    • Added call recording support
    • Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    Source Changelog:
    • May security patch
    • Imported translations
    • Under the hood improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Fixed low brightness
    • Updated blobs from V12.0.10.0.RKFINXM
    • Updated kernel V12.0.10.0.RKFINXM
    • Many more improvements
    Source Changelog:
    • July security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved FaceUnlock
    • Minor bug fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Switched to aidl light hals
    • Set default RefreshRate to 120
    • Implement xiaomi dc dimming
    • Setup props for userspace LMKD
    • Pin more services in PinnerServiceFiles
    • Switch Skia rendering backend to Vulkan
    • Force enable triple frame buffers
    • Killed IMS logspam with fire
    • Disabled Stereo support for voip
    • Added EAS configuration from sunfish
    • Configured dynamic schedtune boost
    • Disabled dynamic fps
    • Enabled enable_hwc_vds
    • Switched to oss kernel
    • Shiped prebuild vendor images

Notes:
    • If you face any issue tag me with logs.
    @ZIDAN44 Is there any probability of a modified phone app, which doesn't announce recording for regions that do not have any such regulations.
    You want me to add call recording feature?