• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12][UNOFFICIAL] Arrow OS

Search This thread

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Ok I've used this now for two days and have nothing negative to add. Battery life is amazing 26 hours of the charger and am at 60% battery left with 5 hours and 40 minutes SOT. Lost 0% in 6 hours sleep last night. At the same time performance is good. Also seems stable no crashes or hiccups. And I really appreciate all the different dark mode themes since I'm not a fan of all black.

Color control (RGB) would be a bonus but display seems well tuned and have no issues with whites. Something else that would be really sweet would be the ability to control blur radius and color overlay for the pulldown menu.

But very happy with this ROM I feel confident to leave for vacation with it next week.

erikdrozina

Jan 12, 2021
erikdrozina.com
Ok I've used this now for two days and have nothing negative to add. Battery life is amazing 26 hours of the charger and am at 60% battery left with 5 hours and 40 minutes SOT. Lost 0% in 6 hours sleep last night. At the same time performance is good. Also seems stable no crashes or hiccups. And I really appreciate all the different dark mode themes since I'm not a fan of all black.

Color control (RGB) would be a bonus but display seems well tuned and have no issues with whites. Something else that would be really sweet would be the ability to control blur radius and color overlay for the pulldown menu.

But very happy with this ROM I feel confident to leave for vacation with it next week.
Glad you like it, if you want a little more customization you can flash G-Visual Mod module in magisk
Changing the qs tiles color is available in styles, just add a new one as you like

Reactions: Jaymaple

sebastan

Jan 4, 2009
Is there anything known about call recording? I checked the inline method with the magisk module, I checked Skvalex, the effect is the same - a file with a quiet noise, nothing else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing it with us!

I've been using it for a full day now while out and about, doing work and having a dentist appointment and stuff, and I've noticed a few things, nothing major:

Some notifications (like Telegram messages and emails arriving to my Outlook address) do not show up at all, or are delayed by at least 30 minutes, which is bad but I check those regularly anyway (although I'm not getting notification dots either despite enabling them in my launcher).

I'm missing those colour customizations when changing wallpapers in the "wallpapers & styles" app (which didn't even show up until I installed Lawnchair 2).

BUT! I can confirm NFC payments work perfectly fine on my phone once set up properly. At first I couldn't pass the security requirements until I used Magisk Hide on the app and cleared data. Then I had an issue where the confirmation popup for my payment app did not show up when adding a card, but in the end I got it working and, although there is no NFC toggle in quick settings in this ROM, it seems to be turned on all the time and works just fine for contactless payments via phone.

Some notification sounds are too quiet, even when using a fairly loud sound, but that might just be my hearing.

Too bad there's not a better camera app included other than Camera Go but I guess it gets the job done for the occasional selfie and quick shot of random things - trying to get other camera apps working is going exactly as expected - horrible. Hoping to see ANX camera included in the next update.

Speaking of those, how does one update from a previous build of Arrow to a new one anyway? I'm fairly new in the custom ROM world and am still figuring things out. Is it the "standard" wipe cache/dalvik, flash new version, reboot? Or is there something else to look out for?
    Thanks for the feedback

I've no issue at all with notifications, it could be app issue

Customization will come with updates, it's still a beta as android 12 came out recently

NFC tile will be there on the next update

ANX camera should work if you flash it as an user tested, you can try GCAM 8.1 that is working well

Yes, you can try to dirty flash it like that and you shouldn't have any issue. For precaution just take all your needed backups if something goes wrong
    I used nikgapps core and then flashed a few more google apps from the provided addons. Right now everything seems fine, if I encounter more delays I'll reflash everything again. Thanks
    I have installed Arrow os and this is amazing! Great job! No issues at the moment..
    I have one question- how to update rom in the future?, do I need just flash from recovery without format data?
    Not all apps from what I can tell it's Whatsapp, LINE, messenger and Gmail, more severe on Line.

Here's a video capture , please note the time frames on the clock and on the time when the message was received. O tap on the screen where the time is just for reference
    I use WhatsApp, telegram, Instagram and twitter mostly and I've no issue with them under optimize in battery management
    The app wasn't killed so idk what could be the issue
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • RIL
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wifi

KNOWN ISSUES
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    !!!Make sure to follow these steps!!!

- (Suggested) Flash a supported Firmware (at least 12.5.4)
    - Flash a recovery with /cust as /product supported (Alibei's TWRP or official Orangefox)
    - Into the recovery wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
    After this format data and reboot to recovery
    - Download the rom and flash it
    - (Optional) Flash Nikgapps core or basic version LINK
    - Reboot to system

Note:
    - Suggested to flash Magisk after the first reboot
    - If you are facing bootloop after the last reboot format data before booting into system
    - If you are coming from Android 10 make flash MIUI with Android 11 before starting

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug

XDA: DevDB Information
    Device:
    Tucana
    Maintainer: Erikdrozina
    Build Type: Unofficial

Contributors
    Erikdrozina
    Source Code: ArrowOS
    Device Tree Source: Device tree
    Kernel Source: Kernel Source

ROM OS Version: 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-27

Created 2021-01-27
    Last Updated 2021-10-28
    Is it possible to include anx camera in next release directly inside the Rom? Thank you for your work

Chema is still working on anx to be compatible with our device and obviously it takes time.
    In the next release I'll think about it, thanks
    New update is out (July): Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog
    Is this rom working fine?
    of course, just pushed july update, im going to update xda soon
    New update is out: Download
    Installation Instruction: LINK

Changelog