[ROM][12][UNOFFICIAL - DEPRECATED][SURYA/KARNA][OSS] Evolution-X Snow 6.0 [2021/12/28]

Search This thread

Wello6143

May 19, 2018
Singapore
Nokia X
Xiaomi Poco F3
been using the evolution rom of dec 27th build I think. no issues so far.

saw a new update with google photos fix. so downloading and flashing that.
but in the Sourceforge their are two more files recently uploaded with banana unsigned name are they update versions or what clarification please.
Banana builds are experimental and the development is deprecated.
You can continue to use 30th Dec build as by far it's the most okay build to use.

Aayush.san23

Jan 1, 2022
Yo.....I guess this will sound stupid and it is not mentioned in your description of the rom.....but I am not able to access the mobile data in the rom...can you pls tell me if it's the sim problem or the rom problem because it is showing ' connected ' but I am not able to access it.
Screenshot_20220214-215315_Brave~2.png

Last edited:

Wello6143

May 19, 2018
Singapore
Nokia X
Xiaomi Poco F3
Sir in your rom , sometimes YouTube gets laggy, like from 120hz to 50hz...can you pls help??

ROM is deprecated. Do yourself a favor and stop flashing "Unofficial" ROMs from devs with 12 posts on XDA. It's not worth the afford.

Pick an official ROM from an experienced dev and you will have less problems.
I have to bring this ROM to deprecation because of server payment. And yes I'm kinda some sort of inexperienced according to you, Noter.
YouTube app itself isn't laggy, but adaptive refresh rate of systemui will drop it down to 60Hz (to save battery) as there is no 120fps video on YouTube at the moment. The best you can get is 60fps.
YouTube Vanced won't be affected, the UI will stay on 120Hz and 60Hz when playing videos. This behavior is expected across all ROMs, including MIUI. I guess all devs are idiots as well, don't you think @Noter2017?

Wello6143

May 19, 2018
Singapore
Nokia X
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yo.....I guess this will sound stupid and it is not mentioned in your description of the rom.....but I am not able to access the mobile data in the rom...can you pls tell me if it's the sim problem or the rom problem because it is showing ' connected ' but I am not able to access it.View attachment 5537225
The fix for mobile data was actually on the way before my server is halt. I also had my surya sold btw.
EvoX team is currently not accepting any official maintainership. All of other ROMs are also having other dev maintained.

Reactions: pnin

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I guess all devs are idiots as well, don't you think @Noter2017?
No, not at all.

I'm just a grown up and don't have the time to flash new ROMs on a weekly or monthly basis. Most ROMs on this forum are discontinued after a few weeks.

I wouldn't flash anything that it either "unofficial", comes from an unknown developer or is a rather unknown ROM.

For the Poco X3 I personally would only use Lineage or ArrowOS.

Reactions: SkaboXD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 Snow for the Xiaomi Poco X3 (NFC) [surya][karna]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably? Xiaomi is a bit weird about warranty, I think.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead hardware components, device overheat,
    * graphics glitching or simply missed alarm caused by you following these directions.
    * YOU are choosing to make these modificiations and it's your responsible to anything you own
    * and if you point your finger at me for messing up your device (aka blame me for responsibilities),
    * I will tell you to GTFO.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

Including all Evolution X features, plus some goodies and guarantees like:​
    • SafetyNet and Device certification passed out-of-the-box.​
    • SELinux enforcing, Storage encryption is disabled.​
    • Mi Sound Enhancer (with Mi headphones presets).​
    • Google Photos unlimited storage.​
    • Yes, VoLTE works, please don't spam me for it.​
    • Build type: user​

n6b8AXD.png

There is no known bug so far, please kindly reply to this thread with a dump of logcat if you found any.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

Clean Flash (First Time Install or Upgrading from A11)

1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Download provided latest ZIP file.
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System (if you're from MIUI, other AOSP-based ROM and official A11 build).
    4. Flash latest firmware package from MIUI.
    5. Flash the ROM from downloaded ZIP file. (Note: Do NOT tick unmount system and vendor before flash!!! You must mount them!)
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving.

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

fmAkMrL.png

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGED AT THE END OF THIS POST!!!

(Updated ZIP file to add karna support, not incremental update)
    SHA-256 File checksum: 1981F4EED0E7D73EC7A6F279160E4FBD467C78180FA0D7822C622243CD4B203F

LU9gsrQ.png

MUST READ​

Some notes:​

- This is my initial build, intended for applying as official EvoX maintainer for surya as previous official maintainer retired from maintaining this device. Thus I'm not sure about the future of this build series but at least I will keep it security patched every month. I decided to drop maintainer application, I will maintain this ROM independently.

- I built this ROM for stable, generic using, NOT focus on gaming/better battery life or whatsoever. There have been no actual better FPS or battery life by using a specific kernel or ROM. Though if you want me to custom build this ROM for you (such as custom kernel like mainline kernel or device tree), reach me via Telegram.

- I do not offer private support, if you face any trouble just post the issue here. Or if you prefer community support, head over to this ROM's official chat on Telgram or Poco X3 users community on Telegram.

- Automatically installed Google Camera won't work, please uninstall it.

- For all ROM updates, please join this Telegram channel.

About Google Photos unlimited storage​

All builds after 30 Dec. had this issue fixed! You don't have to do anything!
    I don't know whether Google Photos allow to store your pictures in what quality. But do not update Google Photos app until a solution is found.
    If you accidentally did it, or Google Play Store updated it, do:
    1. Go to Photos' app info, tap Storage & cache, tap Manage space and tap Delete.
    2. Go back to app info, tap 3 dots icon on top right corner, tap Uninstall updates, tap OK.
    3. Go to Play store, search for Google Photos, tap 3 dots icon on top right corner and uncheck Enable auto update.

Development update:​

EvoX team still does not care about my maintainership application. Guess I'll maintain this by myself continuously then.
    Many of you may concern about "UNOFFICIAL" tag but all of my builds should be far more perfect than "OFFICIAL". It's just a tag to have the ROM ability to update over OTA, nothing else or even in contrast, having "OFFICIAL" status will negatively affect development for this ROM. So yes, you can do banking without any risk with the highest security you could have nowadays and no, I do not implement any spying code because I have no such ability to do that and your data worth nothing to me. Everything I do on this ROM must be stable and secure enough, no bulls**t allowed.
    "What do you want in return?" you may ask. Well, just say a thank to me or you can support me financially by donating via Paypal as always. Those already helped me a lot.

WARNING:

- There is no recovery that supports storage encryption yet. It will cause your phone in endless bootloop and you have to wipe and format data to save your phone. So consider not to store sensitive data on your phone yet or just not bring it outside for now.
    -Is it support Google photo unlimited backup?
    -Is it support Immersive getsure bar? (Hide getsure bar but still support swipe home or back)
    Tks for new rom.
    - Google Photos: as I mentioned in Features, this rom does support Google Photos unlimited backup. But DO NOT update Google Photos app as Google is trying to patch over the community props spoofing. Turn off the auto update in Google Play and if you accidentally updated the app, just uninstall the update.
    I will try to fix it whenever a new patch is available.

- Hidden gesture bar: Yes, I'm using it.

UPDATES​

(after inital build)

30 Dec, 2021 build:​

• File name: evolution_surya-ota-sq1d.211205.016.a1-12301127-unofficial-unsigned.zip
    • SHA256: 1106ca6dbd1efa2295864958cd823c222b5ea6e5dee5769d2ba25397f8bbd454
    • Download URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/un....a1-12301127-unofficial-unsigned.zip/download
    • Changes:
      • Fixed Google Photo Unlimited issue: You don't have to keep old version anymore, just update and fly through the air ;). This fix is going to be available for all AOSP based ROMS using CHRISL's device tree.
    • Noticed bugs:
      • LED light won't up when charing, currently working on a fix.
    • Note:
      • Please, if you really enjoy my works, consider to donate me via PayPal. Your support will boost up my production for your joy on this phone!
    New update is now on the air mates, go grab it!
    I guess all devs are idiots as well, don't you think @Noter2017?
    No, not at all.

I'm just a grown up and don't have the time to flash new ROMs on a weekly or monthly basis. Most ROMs on this forum are discontinued after a few weeks.

I wouldn't flash anything that it either "unofficial", comes from an unknown developer or is a rather unknown ROM.

For the Poco X3 I personally would only use Lineage or ArrowOS.