[ROM] [12] [UNOFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.0 [taimen] [Feb 12, 2022]

Search This thread

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Salute to the Dev. Can't believe you have this working so smoothly as of right now. I guess its a combination of things. As just being able to check out android 12. Definitely liking what google has done on this one. Hey keep it going man... I was just looking to buy a used pixel 3 xl. I can now wait at lil while longer.
The trees are the PixelExperience maintainers' work. I just tinkered a little bit to adapt the different ROM, but the perfect functionalities are all thank to their hard work.

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Hmmm.... I am just unable to install this rom. I have tried three different approaches:

Sideload from stock recovery, install TRWP and install from that and lastly adb sideload from twrp.

All three attempts end the same way, "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt"..

What else can I try? I was on ProtonAOSP, but haven't tried to restore to stock before installing this. Could that be it?

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Hmmm.... I am just unable to install this rom. I have tried three different approaches:

Sideload from stock recovery, install TRWP and install from that and lastly adb sideload from twrp.

All three attempts end the same way, "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt"..

What else can I try? I was on ProtonAOSP, but haven't tried to restore to stock before installing this. Could that be it?
Try this and see if it helps:
1. backup your data, go to TWRP, format Data partition.
2. without booting into the OS, reboot immediately to Fastboot and use the fastboot boot command to boot the latest TWRP.
3. Try again ADB Sideload, or copy the zip into internal storage and install it (it should now be able to mount Data correctly).

Currently we don't have an Android 11 based TWRP 3.6.0 which brought support to Android 12 Data decryption, hopefully there will be one soon, or maybe I'll see if I can build one.

juoou8737

Feb 16, 2011
11.0.0 (RP1A.201005.004.A1, Dec 2020) twrp 3.6.0 boot fail
11.0.0 (RP1A.200720.009, Sep 2020) twrp 3.3.0 / twrp 3.4.0 / twrp 3.5.2 boot fail
What should I do? Which one did you choose? (twrp version)

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Try this and see if it helps:
1. backup your data, go to TWRP, format Data partition.
2. without booting into the OS, reboot immediately to Fastboot and use the fastboot boot command to boot the latest TWRP.
3. Try again ADB Sideload, or copy the zip into internal storage and install it (it should now be able to mount Data correctly).

Currently we don't have an Android 11 based TWRP 3.6.0 which brought support to Android 12 Data decryption, hopefully there will be one soon, or maybe I'll see if I can build one.

Got a little longer. Did as instructed and flashed with TWRP. Got "failed to mount /vendor" two times. Before step 1/2 and after "updating partition details". The rom flashed and it boots. I get to the home screen, but it's there for just a second or two before rebooting with the splash screen. This happens over and over. Before rebooting I see "Finishing System Update" with a progress bar, which obviously never finishes..

Edit:
I now tried rebooting into recovery (which was now stock recovery) and did a sideload of the rom. It completes without errors. The rom boots, but it's stuck with "Pixel is starting" after booting...

Edit 2:
When stuck at "pixel is starting", I can access settings++. I noticed that under standard apps -> Launcher, it said none. It ssems like the launcher is not installed(?). I connected to wi-fi and opened Play store from settings -> apps and downloaded Nova Launcher. It worked. But I would really like to have the Pixel launcher. Is it possible to flash that somehow (not Lawnchair, but the real thing).

Or even better, get the rom to install completely the right way.

Last edited:

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Got a little longer. Did as instructed and flashed with TWRP. Got "failed to mount /vendor" two times. Before step 1/2 and after "updating partition details". The rom flashed and it boots. I get to the home screen, but it's there for just a second or two before rebooting with the splash screen. This happens over and over. Before rebooting I see "Finishing System Update" with a progress bar, which obviously never finishes..

Edit:
I now tried rebooting into recovery (which was now stock recovery) and did a sideload of the rom. It completes without errors. The rom boots, but it's stuck with "Pixel is starting" after booting...

Edit 2:
When stuck at "pixel is starting", I can access settings++. I noticed that under standard apps -> Launcher, it said none. It ssems like the launcher is not installed(?). I connected to wi-fi and opened Play store from settings -> apps and downloaded Nova Launcher. It worked. But I would really like to have the Pixel launcher. Is it possible to flash that somehow (not Lawnchair, but the real thing).

Or even better, get the rom to install completely the right way.
You already got there. What you need is just another Data format in TWRP and this time just reboot directly into the OS. Sorry that I forgot to say that you need to format again.

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
11.0.0 (RP1A.201005.004.A1, Dec 2020) twrp 3.6.0 boot fail
11.0.0 (RP1A.200720.009, Sep 2020) twrp 3.3.0 / twrp 3.4.0 / twrp 3.5.2 boot fail
What should I do? Which one did you choose? (twrp version)
What do you mean "boot fail"? Is that the TWRP fails to boot, or the ROM won't boot after you install it?
I use TWRP 3.6.0, which works fine on both Android 11 and 12 (though it cannot decrypt Android 12 Data partition).

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
You already got there. What you need is just another Data format in TWRP and this time just reboot directly into the OS. Sorry that I forgot to say that you need to format again.

Thanks! That did the trick. About root.. I also flashed your magiskboot file. I then installed latest magisk.apk (23), but it seems incompatible with the boot image. Did you use magisk 22 or 22.1 to patch the file? Even better, could you provide the boot.img file so I can patch it myself? I am having a hard time getting payload_dumper.py to work on my Mac.

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Thanks! That did the trick. About root.. I also flashed your magiskboot file. I then installed latest magisk.apk (23), but it seems incompatible with the boot image. Did you use magisk 22 or 22.1 to patch the file? Even better, could you provide the boot.img file so I can patch it myself? I am having a hard time getting payload_dumper.py to work on my Mac.
Currently only the Magisk Canary supports Android 12, you can download the apk from their github: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk

Last edited:
Reactions: mrroks

Missignal_Dev

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
ROM won't boot after install it
Did you follow these procedure to install the ROM?
1. boot into TWRP 3.6.0
2. install the zip
3. Format Data
4. reboot immediately into the system

Also, what's the exact situation as you said "not booting"? Does it got black screen and reboot immediately after the splash screen? Or does it stuck at the boot animation?

juoou8737

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry I solved it. This was the problem <failed to mount vendor twrp pixel>. twrp adb sideload is boot success thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 for the Google Pixel 2 XL [taimen]

Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    Don't blame on me for bricking you device :D

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)
    Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

- Special Thanks -
    @PixelBoot for the device & kernel & vendor trees.

RgqrlpK.png

A bunch of customizations!

n6b8AXD.png

The System Partition is too small, so some GAPPs are removed.
    Some GAPPs related functions might not work.
    You might want to flash another GAPPS package to complete them.

gMGb8ee.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Android File Host: CLICK HERE
    SourceForge: CLICK HERE

REDUCED: MINIMIZED GAPPS, SOME FUNCTIONS MIGHT NOT WORK. YOU CAN INSTALL ANOTHER GAPPS PACKAGE
    FULL: MORE COMPLETE GAPPS INCLUDED, BUT THE SYSTEM PARTITION HAS NO FREE SPACE

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    4. Format Data (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System
    7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

LU9gsrQ.png

Android OS version: 12
    Security patch level: February 2022
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    Kernel & Device & Vendor Trees:
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_taimen
    https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/android/vendor-blobs/vendor_google_taimen
    ROM Developer: joeyhuab
    Changelog - February 7, 2022
    - Fixed Bluetooth.
    - Now there are two variants of builds:
    1. REDUCED: reduced GAPPS is included, some functions might not work, but there is 500MB of free space in /system for you to flash another GAPPS package.
    2. FULL: more complete GAPPS is included, most of the functions should be fine but the /system is very full.
    Just because your phone's draw back you gave a new a12 rom to our pixel 2xl thank you coz evox stoped updates to 2xl & wanted to know will you continue building this rom for 2xl ?
    I can't promise, but I'd say that I'll continue building this ROM monthly when a new security patch is available.
    Changelog - January 16, 2022
    1. January security patch.
    2. Added "Setup Wizard", since some people need it to restore their data from Google account.

NOTE: since the system partition size is too small, a lot of GAPPS are removed so there might be some GAPPS related stuffs not working. I'm trying to figure out a workaround, maybe in the next build.
    Is there a January update, notes, changelog?
    Evox just merged January security patch today. But I'm having some trouble building it, seems like there's something wrong in the source, just wait now, I'm trying to solve it...