[ROM] [12] [UNOFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.0 [taimen] [Feb 12, 2022]

Search This thread

Missignal_Dev

1642355114837.png

I'm now feeling helpless... I have no idea what's wrong, but I'm not able at all to build the Evox 6.1 update. I'll give up if I still got no idea how to fix it today.

[EDIT] I made some stupid mistakes, the Evolution X developers helped me out, thanks so much to them!

Last edited:

Missignal_Dev

View attachment 5509607This is the bug I saw in December build , when especially in MX player app if I drag a qs panel while watching a video qs panel becomes like this , to solve this I need to toggle dark theam or sometimes it requires reboot , hope you look into it in next build , & will the next update can be dirty flashable ?
I think it might be the MX Player APP's (or AOSP 12's maybe?) bug that it has not yet fully adapted with Android 12. The next build will probably be dirty flashable, but there's some problem with the Monet Engine, I won't recommend it then. Let's wait for Evolution X devs to fix the problem...

[EDIT] problem fixed. Uploading new build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saviour_5
View attachment 5509607This is the bug I saw in December build , when especially in MX player app if I drag a qs panel while watching a video qs panel becomes like this , to solve this I need to toggle dark theam or sometimes it requires reboot , hope you look into it in next build , & will the next update can be dirty flashable ?
I had this very same problem with Arrow 12 on P2 walleye. It only occurred for a day, and stopped by itself. I don't use MX Payer, I didn't install any new apps. I don't have root. Just weird.

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
Hey tysm for raising evolution X again for taimen. Loving it honestly.
Just found some bugs if u could just fix it
1) doesn't have now playing
2) live captions doesn't work, it just says give permissions and nothing happens after that
3)Google app doesn't theme in home screen
Are u available on telegram tho? communication is easier there

Last edited:

Missignal_Dev

Hey tysm for raising evolution X again for taimen. Loving it honestly.
Just found some bugs if u could just fix it
1) doesn't have now playing
2) live captions doesn't work, it just says give permissions and nothing happens after that
3)Google app doesn't theme in home screen
Are u available on telegram tho? communication is easier there
I know these issues. Those are because of the reduced GAPPS since the system partition is too small. I'll figure out some workaround later, maybe by completely removes all GAPPS, then people can flash NIKGAPPS or BitGAPPS to get all things work.

Reactions: Master_Yuval

Missignal_Dev

Changelog - January 16, 2022
1. January security patch.
2. Added "Setup Wizard", since some people need it to restore their data from Google account.

NOTE: since the system partition size is too small, a lot of GAPPS are removed so there might be some GAPPS related stuffs not working. I'm trying to figure out a workaround, maybe in the next build.

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
I know these issues. Those are because of the reduced GAPPS since the system partition is too small. I'll figure out some workaround later, maybe by completely removes all GAPPS, then people can flash NIKGAPPS or BitGAPPS to get all things work.
Now Playing and Closed Captions are actually working fine for me, the only problem is that while Now Playing is turned on -> while I unlock my display there is lag in the audio that's playing or in WhatsApp calls.

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
Nope, I just manually installed all my previous roms gapps from Play Store and had flashed Pixelify 1.8 module magisk.
But I'm sure even before flashing the module i had "Now Playing" and "Closed Captions" working...

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
Nope, I just manually installed all my previous roms gapps from Play Store and had flashed Pixelify 1.8 module magisk.
But I'm sure even before flashing the module i had "Now Playing" and "Closed Captions" working...
Ah sorry my mistake closed caption works for me too
But live translate fails , it fails to download language to be translate
I don't have now playing option tho

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
Google recognise device as P6 pro where as in device model it says 2xl
Because of P6 pro recognised by Google I lost unlimited backup . Could u do something about it or I have to use lsposed module then

Saviour_5

Nov 19, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
I think it might be the MX Player APP's (or AOSP 12's maybe?) bug that it has not yet fully adapted with Android 12. The next build will probably be dirty flashable, but there's some problem with the Monet Engine, I won't recommend it then. Let's wait for Evolution X devs to fix the problem...

[EDI

Removing all gapps will remove the new p6 Setu wizard ?

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
2. Added "Setup Wizard", since some people need it to restore their data from Google account.

NOTE: since the system partition size is too small, a lot of GAPPS are removed so there might be some GAPPS related stuffs not working. I'm trying to figure out a workaround, maybe in the next build.
This build is not dirty flashable (I learned the hard way, had to extract the system & boot images from the previous build to get the device working again to save data).

Thanks, @Missignal_Dev for adding the setup wizard, now restoring data is a piece of cake :)

Since google app isn't a system app google assistant doesn't work for me (tried every possible way)

Rest everything works smoothly except the previous minor bugs (like audio stutter while Now Playing is turned on, status bar icons revert to default after a systemui restart).

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
This build is not dirty flashable (I learned the hard way, had to extract the system & boot images from the previous build to get the device working again to save data).

Thanks, @Missignal_Dev for adding the setup wizard, now restoring data is a piece of cake :)

Since google app isn't a system app google assistant doesn't work for me (tried every possible way)

Rest everything works smoothly except the previous minor bugs (like audio stutter while Now Playing is turned on, status bar icons revert to default after a systemui resta

Rest everything works smoothly except the previous minor bugs (like audio stutter while Now Playing is turned on, status bar icons revert to default after a systemui restart).
Hey thnx for telling it's not dirty flashable , I was thinking of doing dirty flash tonight. Well if u flash pixelify it will make ur google app , a system app. It did in mine tho with 1.5v

Missignal_Dev

On my side, dirty flash is fine. The Google app shouldn't need to be a system app in order to use assistant, but I see assistant is not working somehow. Now I'm feeling headache for the GAPPS problems, soon in the next build I'll just remove all GPPS totally, so then you'll be able to install whatever GAPPS package such as NikGapps and BitGapps to get everything working.

Missignal_Dev

Google recognise device as P6 pro where as in device model it says 2xl
Because of P6 pro recognised by Google I lost unlimited backup . Could u do something about it or I have to use lsposed module then
Here I see "Backing up photos & videos from this Pixel is free and unlimited". Did you flash some module such as Pixelify or Pixel Permissions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 for the Google Pixel 2 XL [taimen]

Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    Don't blame on me for bricking you device :D

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)
    Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

- Special Thanks -
    @PixelBoot for the device & kernel & vendor trees.

RgqrlpK.png

A bunch of customizations!

n6b8AXD.png

The System Partition is too small, so some GAPPs are removed.
    Some GAPPs related functions might not work.
    You might want to flash another GAPPS package to complete them.

gMGb8ee.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Android File Host: CLICK HERE
    SourceForge: CLICK HERE

REDUCED: MINIMIZED GAPPS, SOME FUNCTIONS MIGHT NOT WORK. YOU CAN INSTALL ANOTHER GAPPS PACKAGE
    FULL: MORE COMPLETE GAPPS INCLUDED, BUT THE SYSTEM PARTITION HAS NO FREE SPACE

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    4. Format Data (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System
    7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

LU9gsrQ.png

Android OS version: 12
    Security patch level: February 2022
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    Kernel & Device & Vendor Trees:
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_taimen
    https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/android/vendor-blobs/vendor_google_taimen
    ROM Developer: joeyhuab
    Changelog - February 7, 2022
    - Fixed Bluetooth.
    - Now there are two variants of builds:
    1. REDUCED: reduced GAPPS is included, some functions might not work, but there is 500MB of free space in /system for you to flash another GAPPS package.
    2. FULL: more complete GAPPS is included, most of the functions should be fine but the /system is very full.
    Just because your phone's draw back you gave a new a12 rom to our pixel 2xl thank you coz evox stoped updates to 2xl & wanted to know will you continue building this rom for 2xl ?
    I can't promise, but I'd say that I'll continue building this ROM monthly when a new security patch is available.

Is there a January update, notes, changelog?
    Evox just merged January security patch today. But I'm having some trouble building it, seems like there's something wrong in the source, just wait now, I'm trying to solve it...