[ROM] [12] [UNOFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.0 [taimen] [Feb 12, 2022]

Search This thread

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
Here I see "Backing up photos & videos from this Pixel is free and unlimited". Did you flash some module such as Pixelify or Pixel Permissions?
Yeah I actually flashed pixelify but after root. Before root when I just installed evox and not rooted then also it device models says 2xl and google says P6 pro
But before evox I was using arrow there I flashed pixelify to spoof to P6 pro but after flashing I got stuck on boot logo so I lost root and then switch to evox

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
On my side, dirty flash is fine. The Google app shouldn't need to be a system app in order to use assistant, but I see assistant is not working somehow. Now I'm feeling headache for the GAPPS problems, soon in the next build I'll just remove all GPPS totally, so then you'll be able to install whatever GAPPS package such as NikGapps and BitGapps to get everything working.
Wierd dirty flashing the update never booted (I waited almost half an hour), well I guess it could be due to magisk, as I was rooted with magisk and had a few modules installed.
I'm not sure whether vanilla build is the best option, I mean expanding system partition could be a solution maybe...?

Anyways enjoying the rom, thanks again @Missignal_Dev

Saviour_5

Nov 19, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google assistant is not working in 6.1 well that issue is noted now , but I encountered one more that when I turned on pocket mode fingerprint is not working in a little bit dark room , but it's was not like this in previous build it shows pocket mode is turned on

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022
Updates:
January 16
- January security patch
- Added "Setup Wizard" so you can use it to restore your data from Google backup.

December 23
- Added SourceForge link.
Hey , i found quick tap feature in settings>gesture but that doesn't work at all and it's a good feature btw. Do u have any workaround for it? Also i think evox has Monet boot animation, I'm not sure, but that didn't work too. @Missignal_Dev

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
Updates:
January 16
- January security patch
- Added "Setup Wizard" so you can use it to restore your data from Google backup.

December 23
- Added SourceForge link.
Finally got everything to work!
Since I had extended my system partition size to 4 GB earlier, I flashed Nik Gapps package (full) and that fixed the google assistant crashing issue and some other minor issues.

The rom is very fluid and filled with features, like AOD while charging, Edge lighting, music visualizer, lockscreen/navbar pulse
and many more......

I was able to find only two issues with rom:
1) audio lag/stutter when unlocking device while now playing is turned on.
2) continued conversation and quick phrases don't work :(

Rest all pixel features like Live Transcribe, now playing, adaptive sound, select text to copy (pixel launcher), at a glance are all working!

*----Edit----*
-Live transcription in Google Recorder app isn't working.
-Live Transcription in Call Screening doesn't work either.
-After taking screenshot while trying to edit it, nothing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-143141_Pixel Launcher~2.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143141_Pixel Launcher~2.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220120-143155_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143155_Settings.png
    628.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220120-143636_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143636_Photos.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220120-143714_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143714_Pixel Launcher.png
    505.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220120-143757_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143757_Pixel Launcher.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20220120-143115_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143115_Pixel Launcher.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220120-143219_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143219_Settings.png
    684.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220120-143259_Extreme Battery Saver.png
    Screenshot_20220120-143259_Extreme Battery Saver.png
    260.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

irmas5

Last edited:

Saviour_5

Nov 19, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Since I had extended my system partition size to 4 GB earlier, I flashed Nik Gapps package (full) and that fixed the google assistant crashing issue and some other minor issues.

The rom is very fluid and filled with features, like AOD while charging, Edge lighting, music visualizer, lockscreen/navbar pulse
and many more......

Rest all pixel features like Live Transcribe, now playing, adaptive sound, select text to copy (pixel launcher), at a glance are all working!

*----Edit----*
For me Google assistant is working fine no partion is required just install pixilify module 1.8 which makes Google app as a system app & also gives call screening, NGA too

Master_Yuval

Jan 16, 2022

and many more......

*----Edit----*
Weird everything works perfectly in mine. Screenshot editing is happening and live transcript also works perfectly
I used pixelify 1.9beta to get all working without spoofing even

Subhojit

May 25, 2013
Google
www.youtube.com
Copy your downloads folder to #Root/data/Unencrypted and flash from there. You need to be rooted and use a root Explorer app.

If you are not rooted, copy the files or folder to a USB otg dongle and flash in TWRP.

Last option is to sideload the update in adb
Problem is my volume keys are almost dead, responds only after real long press, mostly doesn't.

Sideload somehow doesn't work, probably usb cable issue.

How would you flash magisk after install?

Finder35

Jan 23, 2022
Google Pixel 2 XL
Nope, I just manually installed all my previous roms gapps from Play Store and had flashed Pixelify 1.8 module magisk.
But I'm sure even before flashing the module i had "Now Playing" and "Closed Captions" working...
How do you install gapps in the play store? When I install, I display "this app is no longer compatible with your device". Do I have to use pixelify 1.8 module? "Now playing" and "closed captions" and "Google assistant" cannot work on my device...

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Has anyone been able to enable magic eraser on this rom? By using the leaked photos APK from pixel 6? It works on my pixel 4, but on the pixel 2 XL the app crashes when selecting magic eraser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 for the Google Pixel 2 XL [taimen]

Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    Don't blame on me for bricking you device :D

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)
    Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

- Special Thanks -
    @PixelBoot for the device & kernel & vendor trees.

RgqrlpK.png

A bunch of customizations!

n6b8AXD.png

The System Partition is too small, so some GAPPs are removed.
    Some GAPPs related functions might not work.
    You might want to flash another GAPPS package to complete them.

gMGb8ee.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Android File Host: CLICK HERE
    SourceForge: CLICK HERE

REDUCED: MINIMIZED GAPPS, SOME FUNCTIONS MIGHT NOT WORK. YOU CAN INSTALL ANOTHER GAPPS PACKAGE
    FULL: MORE COMPLETE GAPPS INCLUDED, BUT THE SYSTEM PARTITION HAS NO FREE SPACE

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    4. Format Data (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System
    7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

LU9gsrQ.png

Android OS version: 12
    Security patch level: February 2022
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    Kernel & Device & Vendor Trees:
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_taimen
    https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/android/vendor-blobs/vendor_google_taimen
    ROM Developer: joeyhuab
    Changelog - February 7, 2022
    - Fixed Bluetooth.
    - Now there are two variants of builds:
    1. REDUCED: reduced GAPPS is included, some functions might not work, but there is 500MB of free space in /system for you to flash another GAPPS package.
    2. FULL: more complete GAPPS is included, most of the functions should be fine but the /system is very full.
    Just because your phone's draw back you gave a new a12 rom to our pixel 2xl thank you coz evox stoped updates to 2xl & wanted to know will you continue building this rom for 2xl ?
    I can't promise, but I'd say that I'll continue building this ROM monthly when a new security patch is available.
    Changelog - January 16, 2022
    1. January security patch.
    2. Added "Setup Wizard", since some people need it to restore their data from Google account.

NOTE: since the system partition size is too small, a lot of GAPPS are removed so there might be some GAPPS related stuffs not working. I'm trying to figure out a workaround, maybe in the next build.
    Is there a January update, notes, changelog?
    Evox just merged January security patch today. But I'm having some trouble building it, seems like there's something wrong in the source, just wait now, I'm trying to solve it...