Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-202418_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220126-202418_Settings.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 59

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
maybe because u flashed gapps. thats why its working for u
Well actually after flashing the full gapps package from Nikgapps I had the call screening issue. So I reflashed the rom with flashing only velvet Google app, and that worked!
Call Screening, Quick Tap, Google assistant are all working for me :)

The only issue is, while trying to edit the screenshots nothing happens :(

Missignal_Dev

A Question here...
IT IS TOO PAINFUL TO DEAL WITH GAPPS ON A LIMITED SYSTEM PARTITION.
(and Evolution X will have problems with essential functions with GAPPS totally removed)
Should I keep making builds of this ROM, but with buggy reduced GAPPS, or abandon this and go build CrDroid Vanilla?

2wayRadio

Mar 12, 2012
A Question here...
(and Evolution X will have problems with essential functions with GAPPS totally removed)
Should I keep making builds of this ROM, but with buggy reduced GAPPS, or abandon this and go build CrDroid Vanilla?
Hi thanks for all your work on this rom, is it possible to increase the size of system partition like on another thread but made easier for noobs or partial noobs, if so there should be less headaches for developers for Andriod 12 development. Cheers.

Missignal_Dev

Hi thanks for all your work on this rom, is it possible to increase the size of system partition like on another thread but made easier for noobs or partial noobs, if so there should be less headaches for developers for Andriod 12 development. Cheers.
NO. You should absolutely NEVER try to do any change to the partition table of an Android device, if there is any other possible way to get the things to work. (ex. Vanilla ROM + Magisk GAPPS)
Especially on a device like Pixel 2 XL, which you can't use EDL to restore your device if you get something seriously wrong.

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
A Question here...
I'll accept buggy, I really enjoy using EvolutionX.

And if done correctly I don't see any problem in expanding the system partition. I've been on a 4 GB System Partition since Android 12 came out and I've many times flashed stock rom/custom roms and never faced any issues.

But if you feel that it'll do more harm than good, personally, I'll still welcom the evox builds(with minimal gapps)😄

Last edited:

2wayRadio

Mar 12, 2012
NO. You should absolutely NEVER try to do any change to the partition table of an Android device, if there is any other possible way to get the things to work. (ex. Vanilla ROM + Magisk GAPPS)
Especially on a device like Pixel 2 XL, which you can't use EDL to restore your device if you get something seriously wrong.
Ok thanks for your valid opinion on repartitioning, i will certainly give that a miss (for now). I am not a developer but have dabbled for many years on android, i currently own a Pixel 2 xl 128GB and for me personally and if possible would like to stick with A11 so long as latest security updates can still be available in a custom rom. Cheers.

Last edited:

Missignal_Dev

Changelog - January 30, 2022
I'm again trying to solve the GAPPS related problems. For now, I've reduced the GAPPS to the minimum that won't cause problem with the ROM's essential functions, but also leaving 500MB of free space in the system partition.

In case you want more complete GAPPS, it should be possible to flash another GAPPS package. On my side the Magisk version of Lite GAPPS works fine, except the system will no longer boot if I disable the Lite GAPPS module.

I also noted there was some annoying AOSP apps since I removed some GAPPS in the last build, now most of them are now removed. The one exception is the AOSP Messaging app, which I'll need more work on removing it. A workaround is available if you hate it so much:
Code:
(assume you have platform-tools installed and your phone is rooted)
$ adb shell
taimen:/ $ su
(grant root access)
taimen:/ # pm disable com.android.messaging

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Has anyone found a fix for the audio short pause when unlocking the screen while now playing is on? Got Now Playing working with pixilify 1.9. Otherwise my phone is working fine now. Have not tried the new build yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 for the Google Pixel 2 XL [taimen]

Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    Don't blame on me for bricking you device :D

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)
    Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

- Special Thanks -
    @PixelBoot for the device & kernel & vendor trees.

RgqrlpK.png

A bunch of customizations!

n6b8AXD.png

The System Partition is too small, so some GAPPs are removed.
    Some GAPPs related functions might not work.
    You might want to flash another GAPPS package to complete them.

gMGb8ee.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Android File Host: CLICK HERE
    SourceForge: CLICK HERE

REDUCED: MINIMIZED GAPPS, SOME FUNCTIONS MIGHT NOT WORK. YOU CAN INSTALL ANOTHER GAPPS PACKAGE
    FULL: MORE COMPLETE GAPPS INCLUDED, BUT THE SYSTEM PARTITION HAS NO FREE SPACE

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    4. Format Data (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System
    7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

LU9gsrQ.png

Android OS version: 12
    Security patch level: February 2022
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    Kernel & Device & Vendor Trees:
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_wahoo
    https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_google_taimen
    https://gitlab.pixelexperience.org/android/vendor-blobs/vendor_google_taimen
    ROM Developer: joeyhuab
    Changelog - February 7, 2022
    - Fixed Bluetooth.
    - Now there are two variants of builds:
    1. REDUCED: reduced GAPPS is included, some functions might not work, but there is 500MB of free space in /system for you to flash another GAPPS package.
    2. FULL: more complete GAPPS is included, most of the functions should be fine but the /system is very full.
    Just because your phone's draw back you gave a new a12 rom to our pixel 2xl thank you coz evox stoped updates to 2xl & wanted to know will you continue building this rom for 2xl ?
    I can't promise, but I'd say that I'll continue building this ROM monthly when a new security patch is available.
    Changelog - January 16, 2022
    1. January security patch.
    2. Added "Setup Wizard", since some people need it to restore their data from Google account.

NOTE: since the system partition size is too small, a lot of GAPPS are removed so there might be some GAPPS related stuffs not working. I'm trying to figure out a workaround, maybe in the next build.
    Is there a January update, notes, changelog?
    Evox just merged January security patch today. But I'm having some trouble building it, seems like there's something wrong in the source, just wait now, I'm trying to solve it...