[ROM][12][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] Evolution-X 20220705.003.a1

Search This thread
Never feel dumb buddy! I couldn't make this ROM.You give your spare time to provide to our very sad under-developed Pixel 5..
I LOVE this phone. I want to fix my camera, but at this point idk if it's worth it.
Oddly it still takes decent pictures.
I guess I'm still just sour over it because I never dropped the phone. I be as careful as I can.
And one day I pop it over and boom it's string back at me, a huge hole in the camera lens.
I think it is lke $150 to fix using Googles officially supported 3rd party (will fill in name when remember).

but some developers won't even touch say, A13 until it is officially releaed. Which makes sense thinkng on it, as Google will be changing the code along the way as they test things, add in new stuff/take stuff out.

And that sounds like a bad ass job I am jealous. Good going! I've always to play the guitar.
And as far as hacking, do you mean like building ROMs hacking, or like hacking/hacking -- I also just got into Linux not long ago, but I do a dual-boot setup, and I find myself on Windows more and more -- I'm just more comfortable on it, although the Linux Mint is way more secure.
bro your a str8 Jedi, keep killing it good sir appreciate the add

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
After installing this magisk module, call works!

And I found VoWifi setting in caller app > setting > call. It was not there before. I think this module brought the setting up.
Now IMS shows as registered.

Thank you!

Now I need to figure out how to make gpay works. It says saftynet does not pass
Have you tried this fix?

Reactions: aleph.mercury

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
(If meaning me) Yes, nothing doing :_(

Installing PEx rom, if not that will go back to stock to start again...

UPdate: PEx July has IMS registered with VOLTE and wifi call button

Last edited:

rhplusa10

Feb 18, 2011
Los Angeles
Have you tried this fix?

Yes I installed it and one other module, magiskhide props config.
That work with Gpay! I have not tried paying yet but at least app is allowed to open. :)

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Yes I installed it and one other module, magiskhide props config.
That work with Gpay! I have not tried paying yet but at least app is allowed to open. :)
You actually aren't supposted to need or have MHPC with this modified version of USNF-2.3.1-MOD
Usage:
1. Delete/disable/reset MagiskHidePropsConfig (if installed).
2. Just install it over old Universal SafetyNet Fix and reboot device.

but whatever works!

rhplusa10

Feb 18, 2011
Los Angeles
You actually aren't supposted to need or have MHPC with this modified version of USNF-2.3.1-MOD
Usage:
1. Delete/disable/reset MagiskHidePropsConfig (if installed).
2. Just install it over old Universal SafetyNet Fix and reboot device.

but whatever works!
Thank you for advice.
I deleted magiskhide and found saftynet fix is same version as you mentioned, just keep it.
It works after reboot.

Now i think all functionality and features what i need are working properly!

Just curious, is there any magisk module for assigning navbar button action? I prefer long press recent button as screen off. (Yes, i still use 3 buttons instead gesture)

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Thank you for advice.
I deleted magiskhide and found saftynet fix is same version as you mentioned, just keep it.
It works after reboot.

Now i think all functionality and features what i need are working properly!

Just curious, is there any magisk module for assigning navbar button action? I prefer long press recent button as screen off. (Yes, i still use 3 buttons instead gesture)
Hmm good quetions. It took me awhile to switch over to Gesture Nav, but I love it now.

I do understand those sticking to 3 button though because they use the 3 buttons as 4+ buttons. So I get it.
When I was on crDroid, these tweaks were baked in. I'm surprised this ROM doesn't have the same.. thought crDroid is A11. Perhaps in a future update this ROM will have it.
I wouldn't be surprised to find a Magisk Module capable of this but I haven't looked. I can keep my eyes peeled though!

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
Cannot get vowifi volte working.
Tried fixes here with modules, I now have the buttons but ims not registered 😭

UK 3
Ok, so....

Seems to be working this way;

I installed (paid for sux) latest ProtonAOSP 1241.
Set that up and had VoW/V working.
Dirty flash EVOx vendor+boot, reboot to recovery and sideload EVOx (without wiping!).
VoW/V wasn't available again on bootup, so flashed the volte.zip [ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-magisk-root-volte-enabler.4372705/ ] from here.
Reboot ~ Profit (so far...).

Now, just need to get AOSPmods working with shrinking status bar height in portrait. It shrinks text but not header background.. but oddly it did shrink it after a night on charge??? :_D

gracias!

rhplusa10

Feb 18, 2011
Los Angeles
Ok, so....

Seems to be working this way;

I installed (paid for sux) latest ProtonAOSP 1241.
Set that up and had VoW/V working.
Dirty flash EVOx vendor+boot, reboot to recovery and sideload EVOx (without wiping!).
VoW/V wasn't available again on bootup, so flashed the volte.zip [ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-magisk-root-volte-enabler.4372705/ ] from here.
Reboot ~ Profit (so far...).

Now, just need to get AOSPmods working with shrinking status bar height in portrait. It shrinks text but not header background.. but oddly it did shrink it after a night on charge??? :_D

gracias!
That sounds good.
Looks like this evo x rom has something wrong in the volte mbn files.
But the procedure looks like... You did not need go from proton. Juat intall evo x and volte patch will be same?

Anyways, mine is working after flash volte patch. Vowifi is not supported from my carrier (at&t).

Gpay still does not pass saftynet after adding saftynet fix on magisk module.
Without the module, the app does not even open. After adding the module, app is opened but cannot add credit card. It says my phone is rooted.

I tried matrix rain mod with lsposed (gyzisk) it looks great but systemui drains battery. I disabled it now and keep checking the battery usage.

Double tap power button to open camera does not work when screen is off or locked.

These are i found so far with this rom.
Minor flaws but mostly working great!
Evo X was my daily driver on my previous pixel 3. I like it.

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
That sounds good.
But the procedure looks like... You did not need go from proton. Juat intall evo x and volte patch will be same?

Anyways, mine is working after flash volte patch. Vowifi is not supported from my carrier (at&t).

Without the module, the app does not even open. After adding the module, app is opened but cannot add credit card. It says my phone is rooted.

I tried matrix rain mod with lsposed (gyzisk) it looks great but systemui drains battery. I disabled it now and keep checking the battery usage.

Double tap power button to open camera does not work when screen is off or locked.

I tried clean install previously and volte mod turned everything on but IMS want connecting hence this way.

I pass gpay using the modded sfn mod.

After installing this magisk module, call works!

And I found VoWifi setting in caller app > setting > call. It was not there before. I think this module brought the setting up.
Now IMS shows as registered.

Thank you!

Now I need to figure out how to make gpay works. It says saftynet does not pass
Glad you got it working!

you can pass safety net by installing the safety net fix module by kdrag0n (GitHub) and the magisk hide props config module by didgeridoohan (also GitHub). set the props thusly: open termux.
su
props
1, edit device fingerprint
f, pick a certified fingerprint
7, Google
26 , pixel 5
2, Android 12
y
y for reboot

I probably can eliminate the need for this by setting it correctly when I build the ROM; there's a couple of places where it looks like this is done in the source code. I set them to reflect the current fingerprint as I understood it, but it didn't work. not sure why there's multiple places for it in the code, either. but if you do the above you will pass. I included a screenshot in the OP demonstrating it is possible to pass with this ROM

Reactions: rhplusa10
That sounds good.

thanks for the feedback
I can't guarantee I'll be able to address them all, but I'll see how it goes. I have a couple of ideas already.

Reactions: rhplusa10
Never feel dumb buddy! I couldn't make this ROM.You give your spare time to provide to our very sad under-developed Pixel 5..
I LOVE this phone. I want to fix my camera, but at this point idk if it's worth it.
I guess I'm still just sour over it because I never dropped the phone. I be as careful as I can.
And one day I pop it over and boom it's string back at me, a huge hole in the camera lens.
I think it is lke $150 to fix using Googles officially supported 3rd party (will fill in name when remember).

but some developers won't even touch say, A13 until it is officially releaed. Which makes sense thinkng on it, as Google will be changing the code along the way as they test things, add in new stuff/take stuff out.

And that sounds like a bad ass job I am jealous. Good going! I've always to play the guitar.
And as far as hacking, do you mean like building ROMs hacking, or like hacking/hacking -- I also just got into Linux not long ago, but I do a dual-boot setup, and I find myself on Windows more and more -- I'm just more comfortable on it, although the Linux Mint is way more secure.
hacking hacking. network stuff. I got into building ROMs because I like all the customization tweaks and I wanted to be able to use things like csploit and nethunter. I activated some kernel features in this ROM suggested by the Kali Linux team, WiFi drivers and such.
I use Windows at work and I feel so crippled compared to what I do at home lol.
I also run Kali Linux and Whonix from vagrant box/virtual box. I built the virtual box and my kernel from source, too.

Lhunar

Jul 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Oh wow! Finally! I can't believe this device has such low support for custom roms. EvoX was my favourite from all on my previous devices. Are you going to maintain it in the future or it's just an experiment or one time thing?

Reactions: 2fast4you_Grex

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
if you're rooted and use Lsposed, there's a matrix rain module that looks pretty cool as the background in the pull down menu. That's what I'm using.

It's curious to me that when Android12 came out, ALL the custom ROM people all dropped the same features, at least for awhile. I was wondering if there was a conflict with some of the features (I loved me some ninja-star tiles, with disco light effect). etc...
Code:
time: 1660153733518
msg: android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {org.omnirom.omnistyle/org.omnirom.omnistyle.PickHeaderActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
stacktrace: android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {org.omnirom.omnistyle/org.omnirom.omnistyle.PickHeaderActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
    at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:2119)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1766)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5410)
    at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity.startActivityForResult(ComponentActivity.java:584)
    at com.android.settings.core.SettingsBaseActivity.startActivityForResult(SettingsBaseActivity.java:152)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5368)
    at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity.startActivityForResult(ComponentActivity.java:570)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:5754)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:5707)
    at androidx.preference.Preference.performClick(Preference.java:1201)
    at androidx.preference.Preference.performClick(Preference.java:1168)
    at androidx.preference.Preference$1.onClick(Preference.java:181)
    at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:7455)
    at android.view.View.performClickInternal(View.java:7432)
    at android.view.View.access$3700(View.java:835)
    at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:28810)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7872)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:548)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1003)

Don't know if this helps with headers.

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
Glad you got it working!

you can pass safety net by installing the safety net fix module by kdrag0n (GitHub) and the magisk hide props config module by didgeridoohan (also GitHub). set the props thusly: open termux.
su
props
1, edit device fingerprint
f, pick a certified fingerprint
7, Google
26 , pixel 5
2, Android 12
y
y for reboot

I probably can eliminate the need for this by setting it correctly when I build the ROM; there's a couple of places where it looks like this is done in the source code. I set them to reflect the current fingerprint as I understood it, but it didn't work. not sure why there's multiple places for it in the code, either. but if you do the above you will pass. I included a screenshot in the OP demonstrating it is possible to pass with this ROM
Props passes and all 'looks' ok, but payment would fail.
With just the modded sfn all works fine 👍🏻

rhplusa10

Feb 18, 2011
Los Angeles
Props passes and all 'looks' ok, but payment would fail.
With just the modded sfn all works fine 👍🏻
For me, just with modded universal saftynet fix did not work.
It seemed work but denied when I tried to add creditcard.

I installed magiskhide props config again without any command/change, just installed, and it worked.
I added creditcard and used it in a store successfully.

Reactions: badaas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported this fantastic ROM to the Pixel 5. It's been my daily driver for 3 weeks or so now with no issues so I thought I'd share.
    I am not affiliated with Evolution-X in any way. All credit goes to them.

NOTES
    I did make a few tweaks to the source code while making this port.
    -signed the final build with my own private keys
    -added some additional statusbar icons
    -tweaked the kernel to allow wireguard support and I added some recommendations from the Kali Linux project. You will see the kernel name includeS my tag "PsybernetiQ"
    -the notification header feature does not work at the moment; I started to add this feature back from Android11 ("elle") a few days ago and am not finished yet. It doesn't seem to break anything being included in this state, so it's there but you can't actually add any images (yet).
    -added Bauhaus93 font
    -added support for BromiteWebview. The public key for this webview was added.
    -you will get an error upon successfully booting that adaptive connectivity isn't working...just click "ok" or whatever. It doesn't seem to affect anything. IIRC I've seen this in other ROMs.
    -if you get a message at around 47% of the sideload install process regarding signature, you can git "y'" to ignore and the build will continue as expected. The % increments should continue past 47% all the way to 100% (or 94% or something like that, the last few % might got by too fast to see.) It should say "transfer x 2.00" on your screen when it's complete. Hit back once or twice, then reboot to system.
    -the majority of the device and kernel code I borrowed from LineageOS.

Credits
    -Evolution-X (obviously)
    -GrapheneOS
    -ProtonAOSP/kdrag0n <---this is the best
    -LineageOS

built on Linux Mint laptop. Shoutout to Android Studio, Meld, Sublime, Inkscape, gnome terminal, LibreOffice Calc

Instructions
    fastboot flash --slot all vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    from there head over to recovery, and sideload the ota.

Downloads
    boot.img, vendor_boot.img & redfin_ota_update_1659450416.zip from here:
    I've included a boot.img version that has been pre-rooted with Magisk for your convenience but this is optional.

Kernel Source:
    Original Source Code:
    My Source Code:

There were some other small changes to other Evolution-X repositories, such as adding Powershare and Touch items from LineageOS to hardware, bootanimation logic triggers in vendor, compatibility matrix changes to allow for device-specific hardware version/support, removing duplicate sepolicy references to TurboAdapter and Flipendo. I'll review my changes again and if it's worth it, make a repo. Otherwise I may just make notes here like "delete thi
    I can't promise I'll be able to help you if you have problems or that I will update this every month.

Extra thanks to kdrag0n for all the information they provide on github. The details and explanations you leave in your work for us are supremely valuable and appreciated.
    yeah that makes sense. But still, Android 13 is almost out now and still some features haven't made their way in? I guess that makes me feel not too dumb if the masters, whose work I study and try to emulate, take a long time lol. Either that or they all have day jobs or there's just not that much demand right now for this stuff.
    I just got into linux/android/hacking a couple of years ago. I don't have any formal computer programming experience (I have a BA in Music) but I do program actuarial financial software for big insurance companies, mostly written in APL lol.

I ported this fantastic ROM to the Pixel 5. It's been my daily driver for 3 weeks or so now with no issues so I thought I'd share.
    I am not affiliated with Evolution-X in any way. All credit goes to them.

NOTES
    I did make a few tweaks to the source code while making this port.
    -signed the final build with my own private keys
    -added some additional statusbar icons
    -tweaked the kernel to allow wireguard support and I added some recommendations from the Kali Linux project. You will see the kernel name includeS my tag "PsybernetiQ"
    -the notification header feature does not work at the moment; I started to add this feature back from Android11 ("elle") a few days ago and am not finished yet. It doesn't seem to break anything being included in this state, so it's there but you can't actually add any images (yet).
    -added Bauhaus93 font
    -added support for BromiteWebview. The public key for this webview was added.
    -you will get an error upon successfully booting that adaptive connectivity isn't working...just click "ok" or whatever. It doesn't seem to affect anything. IIRC I've seen this in other ROMs.
    -the majority of the device and kernel code I borrowed from LineageOS.

Credits
    -Evolution-X (obviously)
    -GrapheneOS
    -ProtonAOSP/kdrag0n <---this is the best
    -LineageOS

built on Linux Mint laptop. Shoutout to Android Studio, Meld, Sublime, Inkscape, gnome terminal, LibreOffice Calc

Instructions
    Just like any other ROM, flash the boot.img, boot to recovery, sideload the ota. This is based on the July 2022 patch, so maybe you need the radio.img and bootloader.img from the official google source if you have any trouble.Get those 2 from the official site.

Downloads
    boot.img & redfin-ota_update-1659317506.zip from here:

Kernel Source:

I can't promise I'll be able to help you if you have problems or that I will update this every month.

Extra thanks to kdrag0n for all the information they provide on github. The details and explanations you leave in your work for us are supremely valuable and appreciated.
    Just a heads up: after flashing the boot.img, i got hung up on the Google splash screen. I grabbed the boot.img from Stayboogy's LOS rom and it worked to flash the ROM. To get logs would require me to flash back to stock and I don't have time right now but we'll see. My 5 isn't my daily, just a back up but I'll try and get some feedback for you. Thanks for your work on this ROM
    I am not familiar with benchmarking, so I'm, afraid I'm not going to be much help here.

FWIW, my battery performance using this ROM "feels" about the same to me as any other. I mostly used ProtonAOSP but have also used stock, lineage, graphene on this Pixel 5 and none of them struck me as being worse than one another. Just my $0.02.
    For science,my typical usage is as such: I talk on my phone maybe 5min a day, listen to music while running for 30min, send about 3 texts, browse the web for 30min and I'll typically have 30-50% at bedtime. I charge overnight and wake to a full charge.

Battery life is good. I've on this rom for a day with active use, and all good for battery life.
    Other things are all good as well. Some tweak like edge lighting does not work but I don't use it.

Only I found is the charging speed issue.
    I think this is related with the kernel.
    I want to use other kernel to compare but I cannot find compatible kernel with this rom.

I tried flash boot.img from stock July/2022 and LOS 19 20220727, but cannot boot after flash.

Which boot.img is compatible with this rom?
    or, am I wrong to change kernel by flashing boot.img?
    Another head up.. I had same experience, the provided boot.img cannot boot into fastbootd.
    As AlexArimov mentioned (thank you. I was kinda panic since this is my primary phone), I tried boot.img from Stayboogy's but got signature error after 47% of installation.
    I tried from LOS 19 vendor_boot.img with boot into recovery, it worked. It asked "proceed anyway" button with signature error, and I got into this rom.

Somewhat LOS and ProtonAOSP does not work on me, it always says I am offline even though I am on WiFi and Cell.

This rom finally let me use Android12!

Thank you so much.