[ROM] [12.x] Descendant [sargo] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Sahil_Sonar

Aug 29, 2018
Thane
Xiaomi Poco F3
Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
Do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.
No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.1.0_r8
Security patch level: June

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for posting this - I've gotten it up and running. It seems REALLY smooth and fast a couple of hours in. i"ll give another update in a week.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
How did you install it? Did you use a custom recovery? I'm on A12 custom rom now....
I used the custom recovery from the rom yes. It ran great today though, I did for some reason lose GPS using maps, and my bike tracker...my settings look good and I cleared data/cache to no avail. I'm going to try a clean install and see if that fixes - I like the rom overall and battery life is good. Super smooth/slick - so I hope the GPS was just a bad install...stay tuned lol.

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
I used the custom recovery from the rom yes. It ran great today though, I did for some reason lose GPS using maps, and my bike tracker...my settings look good and I cleared data/cache to no avail. I'm going to try a clean install and see if that fixes - I like the rom overall and battery life is good. Super smooth/slick - so I hope the GPS was just a bad install...stay tuned lol.
Thanks, I only see two files i can download from their website, ROM and Boot.. Where did you get the Recovery?

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Oh sorry - when you add the boot in fastboot mode, it sets up their custom recovery...so run the boot.img in fastboot, then use the up-volume and go into recovery.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
On the GPS issue - on my install the GPS is somehow toggled "off" for maps, waze etc. I added the icon to my quick start pull down and turned it on.

I did backup/reinstall settings from another rom on the initial install so the settings may have been screwy, but I did another fresh install and this time didn't migrate any data from past backups...it was still that way. I think this fixed the issue but i'll test it out tomorrow.

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Oh sorry - when you add the boot in fastboot mode, it sets up their custom recovery...so run the boot.img in fastboot, then use the up-volume and go into recovery.
Ok, thank you...
So, you flashed the boot file first and then you rebooted into recovery, right?
I hope someone will put here more detalied instructions about it.....

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Okay now I have everything up and running - will comment on battery life in a few days.

The 2nd fresh install - I had the same GPS issue above but once I put the GPS icon on the quick-pull down menu, I just turned it on.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Battery notes and review: the Rom is slick and fast - better than most and at least as good as any others I've tried for this device.

I like the fact the gapps are in the rom folder - saves you some trouble with all the apps being installed as part of the official rom. Sometimes apps aren't installed at system-apps if it's done afterwards so this is a help for guys like me :)

Battery - I got 24 hours in and still had 33% left. with SOT at 1.5 hours. I'm not a heavy user so that should give me about 36 hours or so of phone-on time at least the way I use it (about 2-2.5 hours of SOT is normal for me with a full charge). By comparison...most other roms give me between about 28-35 hours. So this also has great battery life.

Charging time is fast - I'm not sure how all that works but it charges really quickly.

Features are plenty - I generally like the stock-roms with all the crap stripped out, with just a few extra features. This has way more than just that but you still get great speed and battery.

The thing I love is - I don't feel like I need to add a new kernel, or root to enhance the speed or battery - it's pretty legit straight up as-is. As-is this is a great rom with not tweaks needed post install.

Great rom - thanks for the work.

Last edited: