[ROM][12L/12.1][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore
hi
i tried Nameless Rom on my Oneplus 8t T-mobile converted to international version but only Single SIM working. i want to know if i flash this Rom, does my both sim will work?

bookofjoshua

Mar 6, 2007
after my first fail back in March, I tried again and successfully installed PE+ on my KB2007. I have had a couple issues though. WiFi it's as good, not sure why, but my home AP which has low signal in my back yard worked fine on the stock ROM and now it either won't connect at all or tells me it's not a good enough connection and just refuses to use it.

I can't edit APNs, I tried using a couple apps because I needed to do that on the stock ROM, but those wouldn't save. at one point today the WiFi kept getting disconnected and I didn't know and remotely synced almost 5GB of data and blew through my plan data. So I bought more data and it wouldn't update on the network, not sure what was going on, but my data stayed off (little exclamation), which is why I was trying to edit the APN, as it defaulted to verizon, and worked with those settings, but I'm actually using US Mobile, so I went to the SIM and turned it off, but I couldn't turn it back on again. power off, reboot, finally pulled the sim and reinserted it and it came back.

I also have some random crashes from time to time, specifically the adaptive connectivity function kept crashing, and then randomly other things like the camera, these are all background crashes, though there are a couple apps that just won't stay open long, I assume those are their own issue.

MadMic

Jun 5, 2007
Bedford
Anyone else having issues with WiFi Calling? Moving from one AP to another - same SSID - and wifi calling drops until I enable & disable airplane mode. Super annoying as I have no usable signal at home. I'm on UK Vodafone network.

I do miss the VoLTE & VoWiFi icons that used to sit in the top bar as well

TanakaX5

Dec 17, 2015
Anyone else having issues with WiFi Calling? Moving from one AP to another - same SSID - and wifi calling drops until I enable & disable airplane mode. Super annoying as I have no usable signal at home. I'm on UK Vodafone network.

I do miss the VoLTE & VoWiFi icons that used to sit in the top bar as well
Germany here, works without any issues

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Hello,

How to get iOS emojis on this ROM?
I don't want to root because of banking apps & safety net.
Can I flash one of the iOS emoji magisk module using Pixel Experience recovery (using ADB sideload like how we flashed the ROM file itself?)
Or How can I install TWRP now (I followed the official guide so I have pixel experience recovery now)

Thanks in advance
If you root with Magisk and install the safetynet universal fix by kdrag0n, all the banking apps run fine

Last edited:
Reactions: sharukhmohammed

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Hey guys, any easy way to root a fresh PE12 installation ?
Several ways. Probably the easiest is download the Magisk 24.3 apk from here:

rename the .apk to .zip.
Place the .zip into your adb / fastboot folder.

Open a Windows powershell in the adb / fastboot folder.

Boot your device into the Pixel Experience recovery and connect it to your PC.

In TPE recovery, get into adb sideload mode.

Type:
./adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.zip + Enter

recovery should run the Magisk script which will patch your boot image.

Boot back into Android and run the Magisk stub, which should now install the full Magisk manager and exploit

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
First of all : PE+12 on 1+8T is great ROM!
I also use PE+12 on a 1+5T and a Xiaomi MiA1.

On 1+8T (unlike on 1+5T and MiA1 same provider and location) following
Settings ... SIM - Network - (toggle OFF) Automatically select network
says:
Couldn't find networks. Try again.

Not sure if this is a defect and if anyone else experiences same.
Or, perhaps I should rather ask: does anyone not have same problem?
In both cases, please raise a hand :)

Here some logcat entries when issue takes place

Code:
W Netd    : No subsystem found in netlink event
D SettingsActivity: No enabled state changed, skipping updateCategory call
E PhoneInterfaceManager: [PhoneIntfMgr] getCellNetworkScanResults: Exception: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: SYSTEM_ERR
I NetworkSelectSettings: Network scan failure 1: scan request 0x1, waiting for scan results = 0, select request 0x0

Have a nice day!
I'm NOT having this issue.

Reactions: Dior DNA

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
I'm NOT having this issue.
Thanks to confirm. *something* must be different in my setup. I have same ROM and most probably same firmware so I guess my changes to qualcomm files using 'Fix/Enable 5G and DSS' guide may matter (even if later I restored the changes to original files).

Last edited:

edwinmyself

May 17, 2022
Hi there :)
Thanks for the huuge work!
Wanted to know if you have seen any issue with screen recording (audio, video glitchs...).
Cheers

Awesome work for the ROM, so far my 8t feels perfect.
I found a single bug not sure it is just happening to me, if you swipe right on the home menu for the Google page, instead of the articles I get the page and the news loads after a second.
I don't have that issue on the pixel so a question to anyone that have that too or it just me?.

smoothxda

Jan 20, 2018
Ok, I have had it with the OOS and the latest updates with Oneplus. I have been a oneplus user for years and never had an issue. I have reset the phone several times and the battery life is half of what it was with A11. Can anyone attest to the battery life with pixelexperience? I think I have settled on using this one but I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Also is it a hard requirement to flashback down to android 11 before installing this from?

Last edited:

TanakaX5

Dec 17, 2015
Ok, I have had it with the OOS and the latest updates with Oneplus. I have been a oneplus user for years and never had an issue. I have reset the phone several times and the battery life is half of what it was with A11. Can anyone attest to the battery life with pixelexperience? I think I have settled on using this one but I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Also is it a hard requirement to flashback down to android 11 before installing this from?
Batters life is quite good for me, but it of courses depends on your usage. I can't tell you any specific numbers but I'm always finish the day with around 40 to 50 percent left. I'm not gaming or social Media'ing tho...

It is super easy to go back to 11, just use MSM tool

Greetings,

T

MadMic

Jun 5, 2007
Bedford
Batters life is quite good for me, but it of courses depends on your usage. I can't tell you any specific numbers but I'm always finish the day with around 40 to 50 percent left. I'm not gaming or social Media'ing tho...

It is super easy to go back to 11, just use MSM tool

Greetings,

T
Personally i found a few issues with this ROM that were a deal breaker for me.

1) wifi calling kept stopping working (likely related to no 2) meaning I had to enable and disable airplane mode to get it working. The icon was also missing from the top screen, making it even more difficult
2) moving between two different wifi APs with the same ssid was a nightmare - like the phone was too sensitive to change and kept hopping
3) I ask in the various chat channels for support, but got a frosty experience

Yes you need to downgrade back to A11.

I used Nameless ROM, which has been brilliant. Battery life is great and wifi just works as it should. Wifi calling stays on moving APs.

One bug I found was after a reboot wifi calling is off and I have to manually turn it on.

TanakaX5

Dec 17, 2015
Personally i found a few issues with this ROM that were a deal breaker for me.

1) wifi calling kept stopping working (likely related to no 2) meaning I had to enable and disable airplane mode to get it working. The icon was also missing from the top screen, making it even more difficult
2) moving between two different wifi APs with the same ssid was a nightmare - like the phone was too sensitive to change and kept hopping
3) I ask in the various chat channels for support, but got a frosty experience

Yes you need to downgrade back to A11.

I used Nameless ROM, which has been brilliant. Battery life is great and wifi just works as it should. Wifi calling stays on moving APs.

One bug I found was after a reboot wifi calling is off and I have to manually turn it on.
i never had problems with wifi calling and moving between different WiFis

But you are absolutely right about the chat channels, they are a joke

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
i never had problems with wifi calling and moving between different WiFis

But you are absolutely right about the chat channels, they are a joke
You two are right about the chat channels. I got booted from the support channels by the bot several times for simply asking a question.
As for issues with the ROM, my brightness will "decide" to go to zero at random times.
One other issue I am having is, no matter how I change the fstab.dcom in the boot image ramdisk and the /vendor/etc folder, I can't get the image to boot up w/o encrypting /userdata.
I was able to get /userdata to boot up unencrypted on the Pixel Experience for the Redmi Note 9S, but not on this one.
It's important to have an unencrypted /userdata, so I can use a real recovery like orangefox

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Thanks to confirm. *something* must be different in my setup. I have same ROM and most probably same firmware so I guess my changes to qualcomm files using 'Fix/Enable 5G and DSS' guide may matter (even if later I restored the changes to original files).
Fix/Enable 5G and DSS ?
I haven't done any changes related to 5G at all and I am still connecting to 5G without issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im really considering this version to try. does wifi calling work? hotspot? bluetooth? etc is there anything major not working?
    Yeah registered fingerprint with no issue, and it working like a charm.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

The new build will be pushed later today.
    With the wifi issue fixed.
    With the abomination that OOS12 is, I am now eager to switch to a custom ROM more than I was before. I will be definitely giving this ROM a try. Perfect timing! Will flash this week.
    Hi,
    i tried locking the bootloader on pixel expierence 12. I used this tutorial https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/kebab/install/ it is explained in the final step.

it did not work however :( I dont know if the procedure is different on the oneplus 8t.
    If someone has some info on how to do it , I would like to hear that.

After I installed OxygenOS 12 and it's horrible, I tried PE
    I just tried avb key too, got the same problem, bootloop into fastboot. I think the linked key file is outdated or for v11.
    I'm back on OxygenOS 11 with MSM Tool,

EDIT:
    so, I extracted the avb_custom_key from vbmeta.img of the Rom.zip, the md5 checksum of the two files is the same, so it must be something else
    Like many others OOS12 doesn't float my boat, so I'm thinking of going down the PE route, and had a couple of questions ....

1) How do updates work? Is there incremental/ota updates, or is it a complete reflash each time around (with wiping the phone each time)

2) Does anyone know is Android for Work works on these ROMs. If I'm going to use this on my main device, I need Android for Work for my work email etc..

3) I see that banking apps/google pay work on this rom. Do you need to do anything post install for this (e.g. install anything else to trick it into thinking the bootloader's locked etc.).

Thanks

pete S
    1) You don't have to reflash ROM, only if you switch between Normal and Plus version - there are OTA updates available

2) I don't use it, sorry

3) Yes, Google Pay and banking apps work. You don't have to do anything, you can lock bootloader if you want to, though. There's guide on the installation wiki page, but it's not necessary.