Germany here, works without any issuesAnyone else having issues with WiFi Calling? Moving from one AP to another - same SSID - and wifi calling drops until I enable & disable airplane mode. Super annoying as I have no usable signal at home. I'm on UK Vodafone network.
I do miss the VoLTE & VoWiFi icons that used to sit in the top bar as well
If you root with Magisk and install the safetynet universal fix by kdrag0n, all the banking apps run fineHello,
How to get iOS emojis on this ROM?
I don't want to root because of banking apps & safety net.
Can I flash one of the iOS emoji magisk module using Pixel Experience recovery (using ADB sideload like how we flashed the ROM file itself?)
Or How can I install TWRP now (I followed the official guide so I have pixel experience recovery now)
Thanks in advance
Several ways. Probably the easiest is download the Magisk 24.3 apk from here:
I'm NOT having this issue.First of all : PE+12 on 1+8T is great ROM!
I also use PE+12 on a 1+5T and a Xiaomi MiA1.
On 1+8T (unlike on 1+5T and MiA1 same provider and location) following
Settings ... SIM - Network - (toggle OFF) Automatically select network
Couldn't find networks. Try again.
Not sure if this is a defect and if anyone else experiences same.
Or, perhaps I should rather ask: does anyone not have same problem?
In both cases, please raise a hand
Here some logcat entries when issue takes place
W Netd : No subsystem found in netlink event D SettingsActivity: No enabled state changed, skipping updateCategory call E PhoneInterfaceManager: [PhoneIntfMgr] getCellNetworkScanResults: Exception: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: SYSTEM_ERR I NetworkSelectSettings: Network scan failure 1: scan request 0x1, waiting for scan results = 0, select request 0x0
Have a nice day!
Thanks to confirm. *something* must be different in my setup. I have same ROM and most probably same firmware so I guess my changes to qualcomm files using 'Fix/Enable 5G and DSS' guide may matter (even if later I restored the changes to original files).
Batters life is quite good for me, but it of courses depends on your usage. I can't tell you any specific numbers but I'm always finish the day with around 40 to 50 percent left. I'm not gaming or social Media'ing tho...Ok, I have had it with the OOS and the latest updates with Oneplus. I have been a oneplus user for years and never had an issue. I have reset the phone several times and the battery life is half of what it was with A11. Can anyone attest to the battery life with pixelexperience? I think I have settled on using this one but I appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Also is it a hard requirement to flashback down to android 11 before installing this from?
Personally i found a few issues with this ROM that were a deal breaker for me.Batters life is quite good for me, but it of courses depends on your usage. I can't tell you any specific numbers but I'm always finish the day with around 40 to 50 percent left. I'm not gaming or social Media'ing tho...
It is super easy to go back to 11, just use MSM tool
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been...forum.xda-developers.com
i never had problems with wifi calling and moving between different WiFisPersonally i found a few issues with this ROM that were a deal breaker for me.
1) wifi calling kept stopping working (likely related to no 2) meaning I had to enable and disable airplane mode to get it working. The icon was also missing from the top screen, making it even more difficult
2) moving between two different wifi APs with the same ssid was a nightmare - like the phone was too sensitive to change and kept hopping
3) I ask in the various chat channels for support, but got a frosty experience
Yes you need to downgrade back to A11.
I used Nameless ROM, which has been brilliant. Battery life is great and wifi just works as it should. Wifi calling stays on moving APs.
One bug I found was after a reboot wifi calling is off and I have to manually turn it on.
You two are right about the chat channels. I got booted from the support channels by the bot several times for simply asking a question.
Fix/Enable 5G and DSS ?
i tried locking the bootloader on pixel expierence 12. I used this tutorial https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/kebab/install/ it is explained in the final step.
it did not work however I dont know if the procedure is different on the oneplus 8t.
If someone has some info on how to do it , I would like to hear that.
1) You don't have to reflash ROM, only if you switch between Normal and Plus version - there are OTA updates availableLike many others OOS12 doesn't float my boat, so I'm thinking of going down the PE route, and had a couple of questions ....
1) How do updates work? Is there incremental/ota updates, or is it a complete reflash each time around (with wiping the phone each time)
2) Does anyone know is Android for Work works on these ROMs. If I'm going to use this on my main device, I need Android for Work for my work email etc..
3) I see that banking apps/google pay work on this rom. Do you need to do anything post install for this (e.g. install anything else to trick it into thinking the bootloader's locked etc.).