[ROM][12L/12.1][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

blue-gem

Apr 2, 2017
Dear developer, has this ROM stopped updating? Are there any plans to upgrade to the update in May?

nebulaEXE

Jul 8, 2020
I've recently freshly installed PE 12 Plus on my T-Mobile OP8T by following the steps
1)SIM Unlock
2)MSM Tool to Flash One Plus International Edition
3)After Flashing International Edition, Unlock Bootloader and Install PE

When I do these steps everything works fine but when I'm trying to register my fingerprint the phone does not "vibrate" indicating that my fingerprint has been scanned/registered.

Another use who recently did the same steps has the same problem. Any help?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePlus8T/comments/t0ky6l/_/i8rseoj

Reactions: mythrex73

nebulaEXE

Jul 8, 2020
Anyone having issues with video on this ROM? Both reddit and Plex will randomly start stuttering and I have to reboot to fix it. Comes back atfter reboot at random.
I also noticed this issue on fresh install while using YouTube vanced. Restart didn't even fix it so media consumption is unwatchable.

Last edited:

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I've recently freshly installed PE 12 Plus on my T-Mobile OP8T by following the steps
1)SIM Unlock
2)MSM Tool to Flash One Plus International Edition
3)After Flashing International Edition, Unlock Bootloader and Install PE

When I do these steps everything works fine but when I'm trying to register my fingerprint the phone does not "vibrate" indicating that my fingerprint has been scanned/registered.

Another use who recently did the same steps has the same problem. Any help?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePlus8T/comments/t0ky6l/_/i8rseoj
I didn't first flash to international edition, I simply unlocked bootloader and installed PE-Plus. I never had any issues with fingerprint at all.

nebulaEXE

Jul 8, 2020
I didn't first flash to international edition, I simply unlocked bootloader and installed PE-Plus. I never had any issues with fingerprint at all.
Should I try reflashing stock and starting over?

EDIT: I used MSM Tool to go back to International Edition and tested that the finger print sensor works fine.
Went straight back to Pixel Experience and still have the same issue where the fingerprint isn't being registered...
I guess I will just open up an issue on github for now.

EDIT Again: I just tried Pixel Experience 11 Plus and have the same issue. Perhaps it's a recovery issue?

Last edited:

paul4762

Jan 30, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Two simple questions I'm hoping someone can help answer.
1. Does WiFi calling work with TMobile?
2. Do all the cameras work?

Really appreciate it.

Thanks

matt314159

Oct 19, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Which Gcam is most compatible, and stable with this ROM?
I've had the best luck with LMC 8.4

Wish the (I hope, attached) xml.

If it's not attached I got it from this telegram channel

OnePlus 8/Pro XML Channel

Everything seems to be working perfectly. Even the macro camera and the B&W camera. It has really good low light performance and I'm really enjoying the so-called "pro" mode for social media type posts that you like to pop with color. It's got a bunch of features I haven't even started playing around with yet. But I am very happy with the output of the image quality.

Attachments

• Horus_v2.5_OP8-8T.xml
    128.3 KB · Views: 24
Sep 29, 2014
Williamsburg
im really considering this version to try. does wifi calling work? hotspot? bluetooth? etc is there anything major not working?
I haven't used anything that's hasn't worked, Bluetooth sometimes has stability issues depending on what you're connected to. For me I've only found 1 Bluetooth speaker that's giving me problems, but it works flawlessly when connected to my car or anything else. I've not tried hotspot tho, but everything else has been PRETTY stable.

mythrex73

Jun 12, 2022

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
[*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
[*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Device Specified Telegram Group
Our blog

Installed this rom today can't get fingerprint registration working. It is not detecting any fingerprint.

mythrex73

Jun 12, 2022
Awesome work for the ROM, so far my 8t feels perfect.
I found a single bug not sure it is just happening to me, if you swipe right on the home menu for the Google page, instead of the articles I get the page and the news loads after a second.
I don't have that issue on the pixel so a question to anyone that have that too or it just me?.
Is you fingerprint reader working? Are you able to register you fingerprint?

Top Liked Posts

I used to (and still) build and use own unofficial PE+ builds myself for several devices I own, but, as for 1+8T in particular ... it has the OOS11->OOS12 upgrade issue solved by Nameless. That's the only reason I left PE+ (apart from having to build myself). Agreed, I would rather stick to PE+ (or LOS) once they switched to OOS12+ firmware. And I will, if only because Nameless is closed source.
    There ain't that many benefits to OOS12 Firmware tho, i downgraded back to 11 from nameless 12 to install PE+, and it's easily the best rom I've used yet on the 8T. Only thing i miss is having 800nits right on the brightness slider instead of having to use an HBM app.
    Unfortunately development for nameless has stopped, which was kinda expected as later build were lacking in terms of stability mostly. Aside from zephyrus, dont think we're gonna see more OOS12 based roms soon too. Android 13 is right around the corner tho and those roms are most likely gonna ship with 12 fw so that's some good news, hopefully we get a PE13 build for our device
    Go for another ROM imo, now i'm on Pixel Extended but i want to try something different like riceDroid or EvolutionX. Sadly OOS12 is a mess and very ugly, seems like oneplus walked away from stock feelings and i dont like it
    Might just wait for LineageOS 19.1 to come out.

Edit: Decided to join the Nameless ROM. Lets see how that one fares.
    When will new developers appear?
    So with me being on the latest PE build from may, would I need to flash back to oos 11 and then flash nameless? Or could I just wipe the phone with adb and flash nameless from current PE?
    I recommend joinng their telegram group, as any issues I had, I was kindly helped by the users there. They also have all the links you might need.

Basically, go back to OOS11 using MSM Tool, then install latest OOS12 using local update tool that comes in with OOS. Also unlock the bootloader, obviously. But also, once you installed OOS12, makesure you INSTALL OOS12 AGAIN using the same method, to make sure it's on both slots. Good luck, I hope it goes well. Took me 2 times as for some reason on the last 3 steps I was getting a boot loop and had to start all over again due to it bricking.
    Just curious: how did you flash OOS11 from Custom ROM/recovery?
    I MSM flashed to stock OOS11. I don't need bootloader unlocked or root on stock OOS11, it's honestly good as is

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

With the abomination that OOS12 is, I am now eager to switch to a custom ROM more than I was before. I will be definitely giving this ROM a try. Perfect timing! Will flash this week.
    The new build will be pushed later today.
    With the wifi issue fixed.
    Hi,
    i tried locking the bootloader on pixel expierence 12. I used this tutorial https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/kebab/install/ it is explained in the final step.

it did not work however :( I dont know if the procedure is different on the oneplus 8t.
    If someone has some info on how to do it , I would like to hear that.

After I installed OxygenOS 12 and it's horrible, I tried PE
    I just tried avb key too, got the same problem, bootloop into fastboot. I think the linked key file is outdated or for v11.
    I'm back on OxygenOS 11 with MSM Tool,

EDIT:
    so, I extracted the avb_custom_key from vbmeta.img of the Rom.zip, the md5 checksum of the two files is the same, so it must be something else
    Like many others OOS12 doesn't float my boat, so I'm thinking of going down the PE route, and had a couple of questions ....

1) How do updates work? Is there incremental/ota updates, or is it a complete reflash each time around (with wiping the phone each time)

2) Does anyone know is Android for Work works on these ROMs. If I'm going to use this on my main device, I need Android for Work for my work email etc..

3) I see that banking apps/google pay work on this rom. Do you need to do anything post install for this (e.g. install anything else to trick it into thinking the bootloader's locked etc.).

Thanks

pete S
    1) You don't have to reflash ROM, only if you switch between Normal and Plus version - there are OTA updates available

2) I don't use it, sorry

3) Yes, Google Pay and banking apps work. You don't have to do anything, you can lock bootloader if you want to, though. There's guide on the installation wiki page, but it's not necessary.