[ROM][12L/12.1][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mythrex73

Jun 12, 2022
I've recently freshly installed PE 12 Plus on my T-Mobile OP8T by following the steps
1)SIM Unlock
2)MSM Tool to Flash One Plus International Edition
3)After Flashing International Edition, Unlock Bootloader and Install PE

When I do these steps everything works fine but when I'm trying to register my fingerprint the phone does not "vibrate" indicating that my fingerprint has been scanned/registered.

Another use who recently did the same steps has the same problem. Any help?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePlus8T/comments/t0ky6l/_/i8rseoj

I am facing the exact same problem. I hard bricked my phone and flashed Indian ROM with MSM. And then installed this rom.
Were you able to fix this?

nightfury04

Nov 29, 2014
Hi, I installed this on my Oneplus 8T yesterday. So far the experience is good. I am seeing huge improvement in battery life as compared to OOS 11.
There are two issues I have noticed though : 1) Youtube app is very choppy interface wise. 2) Charging is only limited to 3000 ma as compared to 6000 ma in OOS.
Anybody knows how to resolve these issues?

amandeepsaini11

Jul 4, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 8T
Hi, I installed this on my Oneplus 8T yesterday. So far the experience is good. I am seeing huge improvement in battery life as compared to OOS 11.
There are two issues I have noticed though : 1) Youtube app is very choppy interface wise. 2) Charging is only limited to 3000 ma as compared to 6000 ma in OOS.
Anybody knows how to resolve these issues?
I haven't faced any issue in charging, youtube is not well optimised as it runs at 60fps and phone is trying to do 120fps.

nightfury04

Nov 29, 2014
I haven't faced any issue in charging, youtube is not well optimised as it runs at 60fps and phone is trying to do 120fps.
yeah right the issue is due to mismatch in refresh rates. I was searching for any script which can force Youtube to run at 120Hz. For measuring charging current I used Ampere app, it reports max amperes as 3500 mili ampere. In OOS same goes up to 6000 mili amperes. This doesn't make any stark difference but on OOS charging was roughly ~ 10 - 15 mins faster.

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Is there a plan to update this month?
The project maintainer posted this on his telegram group - he has stopped maintaining this project due to time constraints and is looking for other people to take over. Which is a shame, I was hoping it would be a regularly updated project - but if its for "free" then I'm not going to complain about that!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-083748_Telegram.png
    Screenshot_20220714-083748_Telegram.png
    642.2 KB · Views: 172

kim9096

Oct 17, 2016
What a damn shame, I wasted a good day trying to get this to work. I even did it after swearing to myself that I will never do custom ROMs - but OOS12 has forced my hand to do it. What now? Do I go back to OOS12 or install another ROM?
I were in your shoes. Tried a few custom ROMs Nameless/PXE/LOS. Then went straight back to OOS11.
Custom ROMs are great but not perfect for my daily driver. Random bugs, OTG didn't work, auto brightness went crazy, slower fingerprint unlock.

Top Liked Posts