[ROM][12L/12.1][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Hitman478™

What a damn shame, I wasted a good day trying to get this to work. I even did it after swearing to myself that I will never do custom ROMs - but OOS12 has forced my hand to do it. What now? Do I go back to OOS12 or install another ROM?
Go for another ROM imo, now i'm on Pixel Extended but i want to try something different like riceDroid or EvolutionX. Sadly OOS12 is a mess and very ugly, seems like oneplus walked away from stock feelings and i dont like it

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Go for another ROM imo, now i'm on Pixel Extended but i want to try something different like riceDroid or EvolutionX. Sadly OOS12 is a mess and very ugly, seems like oneplus walked away from stock feelings and i dont like it
Might just wait for LineageOS 19.1 to come out.

Edit: Decided to join the Nameless ROM. Lets see how that one fares.

Last edited:

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Standing by for an update on nameless, because I'm also considering this one. For now, waiting on a new maintainer.
So far, less than 24hrs in since installing, so far no issues that I've observed. It feels like I never left the Pixel experience. I won't lie to you, it was the biggest PITA to install like the pixel experience ROM.

In addition, it's the best time to install now as they have recently switched from OOS11 based Nameless to OOS12 based ROM, meaning that a lot of people had to do a fresh install again to be on the version I am on now.

Sep 29, 2014
Williamsburg
So far, less than 24hrs in since installing, so far no issues that I've observed. It feels like I never left the Pixel experience. I won't lie to you, it was the biggest PITA to install like the pixel experience ROM.

In addition, it's the best time to install now as they have recently switched from OOS11 based Nameless to OOS12 based ROM, meaning that a lot of people had to do a fresh install again to be on the version I am on now.
So with me being on the latest PE build from may, would I need to flash back to oos 11 and then flash nameless? Or could I just wipe the phone with adb and flash nameless from current PE?

Reactions: Tefzors

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
So with me being on the latest PE build from may, would I need to flash back to oos 11 and then flash nameless? Or could I just wipe the phone with adb and flash nameless from current PE?
I recommend joinng their telegram group, as any issues I had, I was kindly helped by the users there. They also have all the links you might need.

Basically, go back to OOS11 using MSM Tool, then install latest OOS12 using local update tool that comes in with OOS. Also unlock the bootloader, obviously. But also, once you installed OOS12, makesure you INSTALL OOS12 AGAIN using the same method, to make sure it's on both slots. Good luck, I hope it goes well. Took me 2 times as for some reason on the last 3 steps I was getting a boot loop and had to start all over again due to it bricking.

Christos_A

Oct 18, 2017
Sony Xperia V
Sony Xperia XA
Building PE+ for 1+8T is actually not all that hard. But how to become official maintainer, I don't know.
There's an unofficial PE build on Telegram released in July. I've set it up and it works great for now, much more stable than the last few Nameless builds i was on. Hope we get more updates and hopefully an official verification on that build too.

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
There's an unofficial PE build on Telegram released in July. I've set it up and it works great for now, much more stable than the last few Nameless builds i was on. Hope we get more updates and hopefully an official verification on that build too.

I used to (and still) build and use own unofficial PE+ builds myself for several devices I own, but, as for 1+8T in particular ... it has the OOS11->OOS12 upgrade issue solved by Nameless. That's the only reason I left PE+ (apart from having to build myself). Agreed, I would rather stick to PE+ (or LOS) once they switched to OOS12+ firmware. And I will, if only because Nameless is closed source.

Christos_A

Oct 18, 2017
Sony Xperia V
Sony Xperia XA
I used to (and still) build and use own unofficial PE+ builds myself for several devices I own, but, as for 1+8T in particular ... it has the OOS11->OOS12 upgrade issue solved by Nameless. That's the only reason I left PE+ (apart from having to build myself). Agreed, I would rather stick to PE+ (or LOS) once they switched to OOS12+ firmware. And I will, if only because Nameless is closed source.
There ain't that many benefits to OOS12 Firmware tho, i downgraded back to 11 from nameless 12 to install PE+, and it's easily the best rom I've used yet on the 8T. Only thing i miss is having 800nits right on the brightness slider instead of having to use an HBM app.
Unfortunately development for nameless has stopped, which was kinda expected as later build were lacking in terms of stability mostly. Aside from zephyrus, dont think we're gonna see more OOS12 based roms soon too. Android 13 is right around the corner tho and those roms are most likely gonna ship with 12 fw so that's some good news, hopefully we get a PE13 build for our device

Reactions: Dior DNA

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
There ain't that many benefits to OOS12 Firmware tho, i downgraded back to 11 from nameless 12 to install PE+, and it's easily the best rom I've used yet on the 8T. Only thing i miss is having 800nits right on the brightness slider instead of having to use an HBM app.
Unfortunately development for nameless has stopped, which was kinda expected as later build were lacking in terms of stability mostly. Aside from zephyrus, dont think we're gonna see more OOS12 based roms soon too. Android 13 is right around the corner tho and those roms are most likely gonna ship with 12 fw so that's some good news, hopefully we get a PE13 build for our device
What do you mean that development for nameless has stopped? Don't tell me that after going from abandoned pixel experience, to nameless (and spending like 5hrs to install it) that has also been abandoned? Don't do this to me 😂

nitroax

Feb 5, 2014
Porto
What do you mean that development for nameless has stopped? Don't tell me that after going from abandoned pixel experience, to nameless (and spending like 5hrs to install it) that has also been abandoned? Don't do this to me 😂
nameless its not getting abandoned... in fact a new build is coming in 2 days

朱 安芸

May 2, 2022
When i tried to sideload rom one my oneplus8t it told me that * cannot read 'ROM.zip' *,and if i try to use TWRP to flash it,it told me "Device on super may not mount until rebooting recovery"how can i solve this problem.Help me please😭

nckfrs

Aug 20, 2009
When i tried to sideload rom one my oneplus8t it told me that * cannot read 'ROM.zip' *,and if i try to use TWRP to flash it,it told me "Device on super may not mount until rebooting recovery"how can i solve this problem.Help me
im getting same device on super error wether i use twrp or sideload what version android are you on ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

With the abomination that OOS12 is, I am now eager to switch to a custom ROM more than I was before. I will be definitely giving this ROM a try. Perfect timing! Will flash this week.
    The new build will be pushed later today.
    With the wifi issue fixed.
    Hi,
    i tried locking the bootloader on pixel expierence 12. I used this tutorial https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/kebab/install/ it is explained in the final step.

it did not work however :( I dont know if the procedure is different on the oneplus 8t.
    If someone has some info on how to do it , I would like to hear that.

After I installed OxygenOS 12 and it's horrible, I tried PE
    I just tried avb key too, got the same problem, bootloop into fastboot. I think the linked key file is outdated or for v11.
    I'm back on OxygenOS 11 with MSM Tool,

EDIT:
    so, I extracted the avb_custom_key from vbmeta.img of the Rom.zip, the md5 checksum of the two files is the same, so it must be something else
    Like many others OOS12 doesn't float my boat, so I'm thinking of going down the PE route, and had a couple of questions ....

1) How do updates work? Is there incremental/ota updates, or is it a complete reflash each time around (with wiping the phone each time)

2) Does anyone know is Android for Work works on these ROMs. If I'm going to use this on my main device, I need Android for Work for my work email etc..

3) I see that banking apps/google pay work on this rom. Do you need to do anything post install for this (e.g. install anything else to trick it into thinking the bootloader's locked etc.).

Thanks

pete S
    1) You don't have to reflash ROM, only if you switch between Normal and Plus version - there are OTA updates available

2) I don't use it, sorry

3) Yes, Google Pay and banking apps work. You don't have to do anything, you can lock bootloader if you want to, though. There's guide on the installation wiki page, but it's not necessary.