[ROM][12L/12.1][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

nckfrs

Aug 20, 2009
when making calls i have no ringer as it rings the person calls are fine goes to vm fine just cant hear it ring at all ? any one have insight didnt find much searching

Tintin62

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,
One of my friends have a Oneplus 8T (Kebab) running Android OOS 13, version KB2003_11_F_13 (rooted).
Can I install PixelExperience 13 Plus -PixelExperience_Plus_kebab-13.0-20221122-2105-OFFICIAL.zip-
following the Wiki without the risk of bricking it?.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Dior DNA

blue-gem

Apr 2, 2017
Hey, friends, have you seen the new version 13 on the official website of PE? After I flash in the rec, the phone can't be restarted. Have you encountered a similar situation?

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
which firmware has to be installed for the PE 13 build?

I think Oneplus 8T PE maintainer changed from Rohan Hasabe to Eliermi Cunha so maybe the PE 13 will get a separate XDA forum. But, indeed, I also wonder if OOS12 or OOS13 (or both) firmware can be used to install PE 13 on top of. I hope it no longer requires (as PE 12 did) OOS11.

Reactions: exthomeboy

exthomeboy

Apr 13, 2015
I think Oneplus 8T PE maintainer changed from Rohan Hasabe to Eliermi Cunha so maybe the PE 13 will get a separate XDA forum. But, indeed, I also wonder if OOS12 or OOS13 (or both) firmware can be used to install PE 13 on top of. I hope it no longer requires (as PE 12 did) OOS11.
I've read that Lineage comes with the required firmware. That would be best, but I don't know if that's technically a problem.

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
I've read that Lineage comes with the required firmware. That would be best, but I don't know if that's technically a problem.

I am using LOS 19.1 (Android 12 based) and the partition images flashed are

Code:
boot
dtbo
odm
product
recovery
system_ext
system
vbmeta
vbmeta_system
vendor

All other OOS12 extracted firmware partition updates I fastboot flash myself. Latest ones today from (incremental) KB2003_11_C.36.

Even if OOS13 has same partition names (and sizes) as OOS12 I did not dare to fastboot flash the latest (full) KB2003_11_F.13 ones. I prefer to wait for doing so once I run an Android 13 based custom ROM.

FYI: caveat, incremental OOS updates may contain 0 sized images. Do not flash those. It may (depending on which partition) brick a device.

Reactions: exthomeboy

northernitaly

Oct 9, 2022
It seems stable and fluid, I like the fact that it is official, and it is not recognized as a custom rom by whatsapp but I would like a guarantee regarding future ota updates. I wait a month before returning to official LOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

With the abomination that OOS12 is, I am now eager to switch to a custom ROM more than I was before. I will be definitely giving this ROM a try. Perfect timing! Will flash this week.
    When will new developers appear?
    The new build will be pushed later today.
    With the wifi issue fixed.
    Yeah, the link went down, not sure why. I've asked @RohanHasabe8 on Telegram about an issue which I'm experiencing when trying to open network tab (WiFi/LTE) in the settings app (the app is crashing), but I haven't received a response.

Another issue that I've experienced on a new 12.1 build is that battery consumption is much higher than on a build from February.

To be fair with 12 build I had only one issue - with automatic brightness, it wasn't working perfectly - especially when I was using dark mode mainly and the app which had a white theme was opened at night and a screen went full brightness.