[ROM][12L][AKARI][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

ViskaEilifd

Aug 9, 2022
Hi all,

Thanks so much for everything! I installed LineageOS 17.1 on my H8296 and have been absolutely loving it!! However, a program I was using recently was having problems so I thought it was time to update to a newer version.

Following the instructions for upgrading from 17.1->19.1, I downloaded necessary files, tried to sideload 19.1 but ran into error "Expected Akari not H8296", so I read the posts and realized I need to flash/install 19.1 recovery first. Windows was not recognizing the device in fastboot mode, so again I read the posts and followed instructions to get it to recognize it (Thanks again!! I did everything on Linux before but that computer broke so I am on Windows 10 again for a minute).

So, I performed fastboot flash boot 19.1recovery.img, I saw that it flashed to slot a. I restarted the phone in recovery and TWRP pulled up but was frozen - no menu, no buttons, nothing, just said TWRP and had some background images. I tried to reboot normally and it went to recovery automatically.

I thought maybe the recovery image didn't flash right so I did fastboot flash boot 19.1recovery.img again, and I noticed it flashing to slot b. Now whenever I try to boot up my phone normally or in recovery, it immediately shows an error stating that "your phone is corrupt and will not boot", then shuts down in a few seconds.

When I installed 17.1 before, I had to upgrade stock rom from android 9 to android 10 (I believe I used flashtool/xperia companion), then used TWRP to install it. It was difficult but well worth it! (I was new to Linux so I got to learn a lot about linux and adb/phone ROMs)

So I am currently stuck, cannot boot up phone into recovery. I still have access to fastboot and flash mode (blue led and green led). My first thought is to install stock rom with android 10, then try to install 19.1. But if there is another way (all that really happened was I was on 17.1 then flashed 19.1 recovery twice) that is less work... I am very interested to hear your advice!

Thanks so much!!
-Viska

ViskaEilifd

Aug 9, 2022
Hi all,

Thanks so much for everything! I installed LineageOS 17.1 on my H8296 and have been absolutely loving it!! However, a program I was using recently was having problems so I thought it was time to update to a newer version.

Following the instructions for upgrading from 17.1->19.1, I downloaded necessary files, tried to sideload 19.1 but ran into error "Expected Akari not H8296", so I read the posts and realized I need to flash/install 19.1 recovery first. Windows was not recognizing the device in fastboot mode, so again I read the posts and followed instructions to get it to recognize it (Thanks again!! I did everything on Linux before but that computer broke so I am on Windows 10 again for a minute).

So, I performed fastboot flash boot 19.1recovery.img, I saw that it flashed to slot a. I restarted the phone in recovery and TWRP pulled up but was frozen - no menu, no buttons, nothing, just said TWRP and had some background images. I tried to reboot normally and it went to recovery automatically.

I thought maybe the recovery image didn't flash right so I did fastboot flash boot 19.1recovery.img again, and I noticed it flashing to slot b. Now whenever I try to boot up my phone normally or in recovery, it immediately shows an error stating that "your phone is corrupt and will not boot", then shuts down in a few seconds.

When I installed 17.1 before, I had to upgrade stock rom from android 9 to android 10 (I believe I used flashtool/xperia companion), then used TWRP to install it. It was difficult but well worth it! (I was new to Linux so I got to learn a lot about linux and adb/phone ROMs)

So I am currently stuck, cannot boot up phone into recovery. I still have access to fastboot and flash mode (blue led and green led). My first thought is to install stock rom with android 10, then try to install 19.1. But if there is another way (all that really happened was I was on 17.1 then flashed 19.1 recovery twice) that is less work... I am very interested to hear your advice!

Thanks so much!!
-Viska

Update!

I had a feeling that the recovery image file was corrupted, so I re-downloaded it and flashed it for the third time. It said it was flashing to B.

I restarted my phone into recovery (volDown+Pwr) and it loaded the LineageOS recovery and went straight into sideload mode! So I sideloaded 19.1 onto my phone, then rebooted, and it works!

So thanks again to everyone - reading through these posts has been very helpful to me. Not having Google on my phone has been very helpful to me too XD

You are welcome to delete my posts if you find it unnecessary to keep them in this thread. Cheers!

remunramu

Jul 9, 2019
Does anyone know how to gain access on Android/data? I'm rooted.
Tried to use several explorer app but that privacy BS keep forbid me for doing so.
I'm trying to mod some game here.

AbelChT

Aug 16, 2022
Hi,
Thanks for the work!.

After installing the latest build of LOS 19.1, the NFC is not working on my device.

From the logcat I extracted some lines that looks related with the issue.

I can to do a further debug to provide more info about the issue if you guide me (I have very little experience with android development).

Thanks

Attachments

• logcat_nfc.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 3

osa355

Mar 25, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for the work!.

After installing the latest build of LOS 19.1, the NFC is not working on my device.

From the logcat I extracted some lines that looks related with the issue.

I can to do a further debug to provide more info about the issue if you guide me (I have very little experience with android development).

Thanks
NFC doesn't work for me either: /

SurfRodder

Oct 28, 2012
Whale's 'Giner
Xperia XZ2
Yeah I'm still trying to get the camera working and it's easier for me while developing to use a magisk module. But once and if everything is running I'll provide a flashable zip.

EDIT: The magisk module on gitlab was only a quickwin to get a newer version of the sony camera working but I'm already working on the same version which was on stock.
Any luck with this flashable zip?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Any luck with this flashable zip?
It's not the flashable zip which drives me crazy. It's the incompatibility between libimageprocessorjni.so (stock android 10) and libgui.so from android 12. It just crashes. If i put 25 stock libs into the module at least making photos with the back camera works. But that's not a solution since we shouldn't copy tons of stock libs but making them compatible somehow. I'll let everyone know if/once i got it.

Reactions: scaniathe

SurfRodder

Oct 28, 2012
Whale's 'Giner
Xperia XZ2
It's not the flashable zip which drives me crazy. It's the incompatibility between libimageprocessorjni.so (stock android 10) and libgui.so from android 12. It just crashes. If i put 25 stock libs into the module at least making photos with the back camera works. But that's not a solution since we shouldn't copy tons of stock libs but making them compatible somehow. I'll let everyone know if/once i got it.
Awesome, thanks for all your work thus far! I figured it'd be a big mess on 12 as it seems there's a lot of "updates." I also appreciate the detail in your reply.

For my daily I'll likely use some root method to improve camera...just trying to figure out something better for my wife's phone.

Thanks again! I'll send you some beer funds shortly.

Reactions: dtrunk90

Trace.Oneil

Hi,has anyone had a look at the stereo sound issue that seems to have plagued this rom since atleast LOS 18.1 that i know of? Please if anyone can fix this,it would be appreciated. The low volumes on LOS i have gotten used to by now,but not having proper stereo speaker seperation is driving me mad.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi,has anyone had a look at the stereo sound issue that seems to have plagued this rom since atleast LOS 18.1 that i know of? Please if anyone can fix this,it would be appreciated. The low volumes on LOS i have gotten used to by now,but not having proper stereo speaker seperation is driving me mad.
What do you mean exactly? Stereo is working fine here. Or do you mean the different volume levels?

Trace.Oneil

What do you mean exactly? Stereo is working fine here. Or do you mean the different volume levels?
Both,on my H8216 model the volumes are very different but also the stereo balance in the accessibility menu does not work correctly. When moving balance completely to the right only the one speaker plays as it should. But when moving balance completely left,both speakers remain playing when only left should. On my device the ear side speaker (left) plays at a very much lower volume than the right speaker when balance is centered. I have tested this by changing my custom rom and reverting back to stock Android 10 and the speaker volumes etc are the worst on LOS for some reason.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Both,on my H8216 model the volumes are very different but also the stereo balance in the accessibility menu does not work correctly. When moving balance completely to the right only the one speaker plays as it should. But when moving balance completely left,both speakers remain playing when only left should. On my device the ear side speaker (left) plays at a very much lower volume than the right speaker when balance is centered. I have tested this by changing my custom rom and reverting back to stock Android 10 and the speaker volumes etc are the worst on LOS for some reason.
I'll put it on my todo list.

Wind_Waker

Nov 21, 2018
Argenteuil
Redmi Note 8
Hello 👋 thank you for your great ROM, I'm using it without any noticeable problems, what I really like is the colors of the LED notification, it pick the right color depending on the apps.
What I mess is double tape to wake the screen, ( or maybe it's not supported by the device ). Thanks 🙏.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hello 👋 thank you for your great ROM, I'm using it without any noticeable problems, what I really like is the colors of the LED notification, it pick the right color depending on the apps.
What I mess is double tape to wake the screen, ( or maybe it's not supported by the device ). Thanks 🙏.
Unfortunately DT2W is not supported for our tama devices.

BenjinXie

Sep 6, 2022
Hi guys, I have a strange problem after using this ROM. When I play music or video with the volume turned up, I can clearly hear a broken sound coming from the upper speakers. At first I thought the speaker of the phone was broken, so I paid for a new one, but when I put in the new speaker, the broken sound still came out.
When I used the official Sony ROM again, I found that the broken sound did not come from the speaker when I turned on the maximum volume. I thought the speaker was back to normal so i used this ROM again, then I found the annoying broken sound coming from the top speaker again, what caused this?

Trace.Oneil

Hi guys, I have a strange problem after using this ROM. When I play music or video with the volume turned up, I can clearly hear a broken sound coming from the upper speakers. At first I thought the speaker of the phone was broken, so I paid for a new one, but when I put in the new speaker, the broken sound still came out.
When I used the official Sony ROM again, I found that the broken sound did not come from the speaker when I turned on the maximum volume. I thought the speaker was back to normal so i used this ROM again, then I found the annoying broken sound coming from the top speaker again, what caused this?
I have exactly tie same problem. In my case the top speaker sounds broken and has very low volume. Also no proper stereo seperation,the Dev @dtrunk has said he will put it on his to do list,so we just have to wait patiently for fixes.

Reactions: BenjinXie

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
That's a known issue: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have exactly tie same problem. In my case the top speaker sounds broken and has very low volume. Also no proper stereo seperation,the Dev @dtrunk has said he will put it on his to do list,so we just have to wait patiently for fixes.
    1. Yes
    2. Please refer to the upgrade guide. Everything except upgrading to 19.1 recovery (due to a change) is described there: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade (and no you don't have to install stock 10 because you've done that already for 18.1)

Many thanks for your quick answer!
    It worked really smoothly after upgrading to the 19.1 recovery.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ2, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors

dtrunk90, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-22
    Hi @dtrunk90 . I saw that tama phones were promoted to official 19.1. Can you say it'll be possible to update from unofficial to official without formatting?
    > A full data wipe is needed if you are coming from something other than an official build of LineageOS.
    @dtrunk now that there is an official build available,can you please provide a step by step guide on how to correctly update to Lineage 19.1 coming from Lineage 18.1. I have already downloaded all required files to update to 19.1 and would appreciate a step by step of how to update. Is it possible at all via Lineage Recovery?
    dirty flash:
    1. make a backup of all of your data
    2. update lineage recovery (fastboot flash boot command like described in the official install instructions)
    3. install 19.1 in new lineage recovery

clean flash:
    1. make a backup of all of your data
    2. please refer to the official installation instructions

Additionally: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.

EDIT: And please don't forget to update recovery as well. Otherwise you'll notice an error message when trying to install 19.1.
    Could you make sony stock camera work on this rom without magisk access. Many thanks . The rom work flawlesslly but camera quality so bad
    Yeah I'm still trying to get the camera working and it's easier for me while developing to use a magisk module. But once and if everything is running I'll provide a flashable zip.

EDIT: The magisk module on gitlab was only a quickwin to get a newer version of the sony camera working but I'm already working on the same version which was on stock.