[ROM][12L][AKARI][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Yes,that is correct. Bootloader is unlocked and device has LineageOS 18.1 installed. I tried volume down key now and still green led. Removed the phone from case and tried volume up again. Got a blue led but device manager shows faulty android device driver still.
ah so it was the case which pressed the volume down key all the time lol
at least now this is solved.

pls remove all the drivers and companion **** and reinstall from the xda blog post i gave to you.

Trace.Oneil

ah so it was the case which pressed the volume down key all the time lol
at least now this is solved.

pls remove all the drivers and companion **** and reinstall from the xda blog post i gave to you.
I am going to try now from my laptop instead. Will install adb and drivers there and see if it works. If not i will wait for instructions from @scaniathe later and try them

Reactions: dtrunk90

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Same result on my laptop,connection is lost when booting into bootloader mode. Will wait for instructions later.
To fix 'faulty android' in device manager while in fastboot:-
- right click > update driver
- Browse for drivers on your computer > Let me pick from a list . . . .
- Universal Serial Bus devices > next
- Click WinUsb Device on left, then ADB device on right > next
- Ignore Update Driver warning and click yes
- close window about successful ADB device driver update
- It will now show up in device manager as Android in USB devices
- Start fastbooting ;)

• Love
Reactions: ViskaEilifd

Trace.Oneil

To fix 'faulty android' in device manager while in fastboot:-
- right click > update driver
- Browse for drivers on your computer > Let me pick from a list . . . .
- Universal Serial Bus devices > next
- Click WinUsb Device on left, then ADB device on right > next
- Ignore Update Driver warning and click yes
- close window about successful ADB device driver update
- It will now show up in device manager as Android in USB devices
- Start fastbooting ;)
Thank you,i will give this a try now quick. Hopefully it fixes it

Rogier Oudshoorn

Mar 29, 2015
Utrecht
So i thought I'd update my backup xz2 to LOS 19, but i get an error with sideload:
"Package is for product akari but expected H8296"

Anyone have a clue what i did wrong?

ben_2777

Oct 27, 2021
Hi, I would like to update 18.1 --> 19.1
I am not sure to understand this sentence "2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM."
I have LOS18.1 installed, before doing it, I had installed stock ROM on both slot.

Do I have to re install on -slot a -slot b the Stock ROM? or can I just follow normal instructions?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi, I would like to update 18.1 --> 19.1
I am not sure to understand this sentence "2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM."
I have LOS18.1 installed, before doing it, I had installed stock ROM on both slot.

Do I have to re install on -slot a -slot b the Stock ROM? or can I just follow normal instructions?
No, you don't have to do that if you've done that already once before.

Rogier Oudshoorn

Mar 29, 2015
Utrecht
please manually update/install 19.1 recovery first

That worked as far as the installation procedure!

However, after installation the phone keeps on restarting during the "starting phone ..." phase right after upgrade. I had a vanilla LOS 18 with MindTheGaps (that i flashed as part of the upgrade procedure).

I guess a factory reset is necessary?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
That worked as far as the installation procedure!

However, after installation the phone keeps on restarting during the "starting phone ..." phase right after upgrade. I had a vanilla LOS 18 with MindTheGaps (that i flashed as part of the upgrade procedure).

I guess a factory reset is necessary?
Yes but there were infos on gapps requiring a clean flash here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade

>> start using them: You can only do so by performing a factory reset, which will also remove all your data. Download the appropriate version now (use the arm64 architecture)

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
@shoey63 thank you. My phone is now staying connected in bootloader mode at last. Now adb is not finding the recovery.img file,but i will figure it out. Atleast the phone is staying connected now 😊
Maybe your Windows isn't set to show system extensions. In that case flash the lineage recovery without the ".img" at the end

Rogier Oudshoorn

Mar 29, 2015
Utrecht
Yes but there were infos on gapps requiring a clean flash here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade

>> start using them: You can only do so by performing a factory reset, which will also remove all your data. Download the appropriate version now (use the arm64 architecture)

Yeah, i had them on the phone in LOS 18 too. After factory reset, the phone doesn't enter the start using wizard - just seems to wait forever, and then it restarts in ~5 minutes.

Guess i'll have to go back to 18

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Yeah, i had them on the phone in LOS 18 too. After factory reset, the phone doesn't enter the start using wizard - just seems to wait forever, and then it restarts in ~5 minutes.

Guess i'll have to go back to 18
Maybe you had some other gapps addon than MindTheGaps before (like opengapps or nikgapps). Switching packages is only possible with a clean flash. You could try to switch slots manually so you're back on 18.1 in order to backup your data and start clean flashing 19.1.

Rogier Oudshoorn

Mar 29, 2015
Utrecht
Maybe you had some other gapps addon than MindTheGaps before (like opengapps or nikgapps). Switching packages is only possible with a clean flash. You could try to switch slots manually so you're back on 18.1 in order to backup your data and start clean flashing 19.1.

Looks like the device isn't booting at all anymore, beyond xperia flash tool repair. New plan: get another phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I have a strange problem after using this ROM. When I play music or video with the volume turned up, I can clearly hear a broken sound coming from the upper speakers. At first I thought the speaker of the phone was broken, so I paid for a new one, but when I put in the new speaker, the broken sound still came out.
    When I used the official Sony ROM again, I found that the broken sound did not come from the speaker when I turned on the maximum volume. I thought the speaker was back to normal so i used this ROM again, then I found the annoying broken sound coming from the top speaker again, what caused this?
    I have exactly tie same problem. In my case the top speaker sounds broken and has very low volume. Also no proper stereo seperation,the Dev @dtrunk has said he will put it on his to do list,so we just have to wait patiently for fixes.
    1. Yes
    2. Please refer to the upgrade guide. Everything except upgrading to 19.1 recovery (due to a change) is described there: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade (and no you don't have to install stock 10 because you've done that already for 18.1)

Many thanks for your quick answer!
    It worked really smoothly after upgrading to the 19.1 recovery.
    one option is to upgrade to los 19.1
    in the firmware archive, the path META-INF / COM / ANDROID is looking for the metadata file, copying from the archive and changing it, you can open the file with the help of the total commander and change the bottom line pre-device = H8266, H8296, H8216, akari, akari_dual, save and transfer to the same place in the archive with the replacement of the old one. Make a data save.
    reboot into recovery and do formatting further gaps reboot system.
    Or just upgrade recovery to 19.1...
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ2, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors

dtrunk90, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-22
    Hi @dtrunk90 . I saw that tama phones were promoted to official 19.1. Can you say it'll be possible to update from unofficial to official without formatting?
    > A full data wipe is needed if you are coming from something other than an official build of LineageOS.
    @dtrunk now that there is an official build available,can you please provide a step by step guide on how to correctly update to Lineage 19.1 coming from Lineage 18.1. I have already downloaded all required files to update to 19.1 and would appreciate a step by step of how to update. Is it possible at all via Lineage Recovery?
    dirty flash:
    1. make a backup of all of your data
    2. update lineage recovery (fastboot flash boot command like described in the official install instructions)
    3. install 19.1 in new lineage recovery

clean flash:
    1. make a backup of all of your data
    2. please refer to the official installation instructions

Additionally: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari/upgrade
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.

EDIT: And please don't forget to update recovery as well. Otherwise you'll notice an error message when trying to install 19.1.
    Could you make sony stock camera work on this rom without magisk access. Many thanks . The rom work flawlesslly but camera quality so bad
    Yeah I'm still trying to get the camera working and it's easier for me while developing to use a magisk module. But once and if everything is running I'll provide a flashable zip.

EDIT: The magisk module on gitlab was only a quickwin to get a newer version of the sony camera working but I'm already working on the same version which was on stock.