[ROM][12L][AKATSUKI][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
I did try an usual "fastboot flash recovery lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-akatsuki.img"
but
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.643s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'No such partition.')

I think I should do "fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-akatsuki.img" instead... and then reboot to recovery ?

By the way, I'll try this but going to backup everything before.
Your problem with flashing the recovery.img is you're writing it to the wrong partition. The command should be:
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-akatsuki.img

make sure you perform this command before flashing the recovery if coming from stock android 10 else if from 18.1 ignore:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Instructions are posted here .

Last edited:

dobodu

Mar 16, 2010
Nantes
Huawei P10
Sony Xperia XZ3
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-akatsuki.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Well, thank you for help, I realized my mistake (boot vs recovery) !
I did not use the vbmeta.img (which one ?) but the setup ran successfully !
Edit : vbmeta.img is the one you get when you want to keep your keys from original firmware, for me, they are lost for years...

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
@dtrunk90
Have you solved the issue with the speakers? If not, @Chippa_a fixed something simular on the X Compact with the LineageOS 19.1 build he provided.
Nope, didn't had time yet. Still downloading all trillion tama roms to grab modem configs out of them. X compact is only unofficial so i can't check the sources i guess. @Chippa_a how did you solved it?

dobodu

Mar 16, 2010
Nantes
Huawei P10
Sony Xperia XZ3
So for others, here comes the step by step instruction I did to upgrade from 18.1 to 19.1 in a dirty way
(but running successfully till now, without the need to restore any apps).

1/ Reboot the phone in "bootloader" mode
2/ fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-.....-recovery-akatsuki
3/ fastboot reboot recovery
----- Didn't worked as expected (rebooting to Lineage 18.1...)
----- So I rebooted to Recovery from the shutdown menu... Nice ! I'm on Lineage 19.1 recovery
4/ select Apply Update / from ADB
5/ adb sideload lineage-19.1-......-nightly-akatsuki-signed
6/ select from recovery home : Advanced - Reboot to recovery
7/ again select Apply Update / from ADB
8/ adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439
----- Got an error "signature failed"
----- So Apply anyway
9/ select from recovery home : Reboot system now
10/ Wait...
11/ Cheers your on Lineage 19.1 !

Of course, this breaks the root behaviour, you need to go to recovery and flash the latest magisk.zip
to gain root access again.

Hope this will help ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: dtrunk90

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
So for others, here comes the step by step instruction I did to upgrade from 18.1 to 19.1 in a dirty way

----- So I rebooted to Recovery from the shutdown menu... Nice ! I'm on Lineage 19.1 recovery
----- So Apply anyway
10/ Wait...

Hope this will help ;-)
Instead of step 3 simply disconnect the usb cable and wait for the blue led to turn off, press volume down + power to boot into recovery

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
Hello guys, congrats @dtrunk90 for keeping the XZ3 alive with the latest android versions!

I want to ask either you or any other of the users here, what would you guys recommend for using as a rom these days on the XZ3 (daily driver)? Coming from OPO, I have been disappointed for the lack of support for the XZ3 (even though with project treble, I thought it would gain much support) and lately the stock rom asks too often for factory resets (2-3 months).

As far as I understood, the biggest downside to switching to LOS 18 or 19 is the camera getting crappier? That's a huge downside tbh.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hello guys, congrats @dtrunk90 for keeping the XZ3 alive with the latest android versions!

I want to ask either you or any other of the users here, what would you guys recommend for using as a rom these days on the XZ3 (daily driver)? Coming from OPO, I have been disappointed for the lack of support for the XZ3 (even though with project treble, I thought it would gain much support) and lately the stock rom asks too often for factory resets (2-3 months).

As far as I understood, the biggest downside to switching to LOS 18 or 19 is the camera getting crappier? That's a huge downside tbh.
That's not a downside of switching to LOS but more a downside of unlocking the bootloader. No matter which custom rom you'll use, you'll lose the DRM keys. There are camera apps who can do good enough photos/videos though. At least for me.

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
That's not a downside of switching to LOS but more a downside of unlocking the bootloader. No matter which custom rom you'll use, you'll lose the DRM keys. There are camera apps who can do good enough photos/videos though. At least for me.
****ing sony man. Playing pretend to be so open to custom roms and stuff...

Okay, so othat than that how's the general use what's the best rom for the XZ3?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
****ing sony man. Playing pretend to be so open to custom roms and stuff...

Okay, so othat than that how's the general use what's the best rom for the XZ3?
I guess they want to somehow secure their stuff from getting hacked/copied. It's not just Sony. Samsung at least tried to be even more bad. They initially killed the camera on their Z Fold 3 once bootloader is unlocked. After some complaints they finally row back. But still, also other manufacturers are doing that.

duckwind

Jan 5, 2016
I guess they want to somehow secure their stuff from getting hacked/copied. It's not just Sony. Samsung at least tried to be even more bad. They initially killed the camera on their Z Fold 3 once bootloader is unlocked. After some complaints they finally row back. But still, also other manufacturers are doing that.
Oh wow, didn't know that. And project treble is a fail right? (with easily switching between roms)

Alex5699

Apr 14, 2013
St Johns
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z1
hi, dtrunk90 , i have flashed ur rom but find a bug that i cannot solve it. View attachment 5622723

My device is XZ3, sov 39 from Japan, which has been unlocked bootloader.

It can connect the LTE Internet and recive SMS while the calling is unavailable. As you can see, the signal bar has an exclamation mark ! so i cannot call with others and others cannot call me, either. Then, i tried reset but still failed.

So, do u have any advices?
this is bands limitations you have to change to 2g/3g to make and receive calls with slow internet. Unless you know how to unlock all bands, this is the best it can get

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which model and which stock firmware version was installed before?
    @dtrunk90
    Hey, can you try use the stock open sources code for xz3 on sony develope and re merg android 12 tag to try to fix speaker bug, because im compile stock kernel on it and doesn't have speaker bug
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Unofficial builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akatsuki

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ3, ROM for the Xperia XZ3

Contributors

dtrunk90, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-17
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.
    The unofficial one is still good , is there anything different in the official builds? As you say we must do a clean flash and it takes quite much time to reinstall all the apps and stuffs 😢
    The big difference is weekly updates - including monthly security patches from AOSP ;-) The unofficial build won't get any updates from my side anymore.

----- So Apply anyway
    10/ Wait...

Of course, this breaks the root behaviour, you need to go to recovery and flash the latest magisk.zip
    to gain root access again.

Hope this will help ;-)
    @dtrunk90 Oh and you didn't answer a couple of times, what's the best rom for XZ3 as a daily driver 😅
    I didn't answer because I can't give an answer to that. I'm using my own Rom. What answer do you expect? 😂 It's a thing of personal taste. Use whatever you want.