[ROM][12L][fajita] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread
Jun 14, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Is there a workaround for the mic issue??

The voice and video calls on WhatsApp are also impacted, in a way that, if two or more people are talking from one end, the person on the other end can only hear the person closesst to the phone.

Cyberman2406

Apr 18, 2021
OnePlus 6T
Issues with Bluetooth connectivity. My TWS do connect via bluetooth however no sound plays through them at all. Same TWS works flawlessly on other roms and devices just fine. Pls help fix this

Grease_m0nkey

Jan 24, 2022
Just a question regarding the charging, 10% in 6 hours? The charing rapidly is not working for me ATM. Does it works for anyone else?

Just trying out the latest build so.

Grease_m0nkey

Jan 24, 2022
Tried out yesterday the dash charger and also the OnePlus Warp Charge 30 Car Charger, both showed the slow charging on the phone.

When I wrote that yesterday, the phone was charging with the dash charger with 10% to charge and the charge time was 6 hours. But the phone was fully charge to 100% after 10-15 minutes. o_O

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
This custom ROM works surprisingly well, I have to say.
Apps and launcher seem to be ready right away after boot, unlike with OxygenOS 11.
Got Magisk set up on it with SafetyNet reporting everything as being good.
Google Play is reporting the device as certified (although to be fair, it's appearing as a Pixel 6 Pro to the point where I got a 'welcome' Pixel 6 Pro email and a promo in Photos).
Widevine L3 is in use, as expected.
Camera is not so great, as I come to expect when it comes to custom ROMs. (Maybe there is a solution to taking full [or most] advantage of the camera again? Modified GCam even with the device specific config XML files still looks not so great compared to how it was before.)
Charging speed seems to be good (with the OEM charger and cable), as usual.

There are several things I had noticed in regards to issues:

1. It does look like the UDFPS is functional. Although I did notice that after booting up and unlocking the device, the sensor can still be unavailable until after a bit or entering the pin code again. After that, it works perfectly fine. So if anything, it's a slight minor inconvenience.
  • Not sure if relevant, but the logcat does show ANR and crashes of com.android.se (Secure Element Service) at first
  • There is a lot of "Invalid acquired message: 6, 0" and "Invalid acquired message: 6, 1" from "FingerprintManager"
At this point, it could be left as-is. Smoothing that out a little more is always welcome, of course.

2. When cutting or copying text, a toast shows up stating that "NfcService" had pasted from the clipboard. It can also happen without doing so.

3. When in landscape and then laying the phone flat (i.e. on a table or desk), the orientation suddenly changes to portrait.

4. I noticed that under developer options, the following options have everything in their radio list disabled except from "Use System Selection (Default)":
  • Bluetooth audio codec
  • Bluetooth audio sample rate
  • Bluetooth audio bits per sample
  • Bluetooth audio channel mode
This might kind of explain why Bluetooth audio is not functional.

5. When charging using the OEM charger and cable, for a moment it can show 'slow charging'. It would when quickly go to just 'charging'. Still charges fast, so not that big of a deal.

6. "Graphics driver preferences" under developer options appears to only have "default" as the listed option after accessing the listed "enable for all apps" option. Might be normal, but IIRC, OOS 11 at least had one more option.

7. Brightness goes to 0% by default when using adaptive brightness. This could just be that one thing that's not optimised out-of-the-box that will be sorted once you make the manual adjustments (so that it is 'taught'). So far after doing so, I had not experienced the issue again yet.

8. Sometimes when the brightness auto-adjusts by using adaptive brightness, the brightness change is sudden rather than fading to the new brightness.

9. Not sure if it is just me getting very used to 120Hz and 165Hz, but I noticed that scrolling doesn't appear to be that smooth in most cases. Compared to if transitions were to happen (which appear far smoother). Might be a bit noticeable while scrolling the settings main page or launcher app list.

10. This might be an Android 12 issue itself (as there have been issues with appearance on AOSP builds for many years that even made it to OEM builds [i.e. settings search layout -- issue appears to be resolved as of Android 12]). But if WiFi is on & connected to a network, the alert slider is set to silent (ensuring a crossed out bell icon shows up in the status bar), you are connected to a VPN and there is no SIM card inserted: when expanding the toggle part of the notification shade, the "No service" text would show way too close to the VPN (key) icon.

Some of the issues listed here are more crucial than others (some of which are more of notes).

The phone's no longer my daily driver. So I cannot test functionality involving RIL (mobile radio, calls, sms/mms, mobile data).

Last edited:

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
Can you please tell me how to clean install this rom again. I'm pretty much a noob in this area. I'm afraid if my device would brick if I do it. Or is there any thread regarding this?
There are many threads. You could just read the instructions on first post for this rom. But basically clean install means flashing latest oos to both slots before flashing pe12 to both slots. Make sure to install twrp installer zip after each flash before rebooting back to recovery to switch slots. After all 4 flashes and 4 reboots to recovery do a factory reset from twrp wipe menu and also wipe data by typing yes.

4. I noticed that under developer options, the following options have everything in their radio list disabled except from "Use System Selection (Default)":
  • Bluetooth audio codec
  • Bluetooth audio sample rate
  • Bluetooth audio bits per sample
  • Bluetooth audio channel mode
This might kind of explain why Bluetooth audio is not functional.
This will be the case if there's no Bluetooth audio device currently connected so just making sure that you've actually got something connected while checking it.

Reactions: Brettroth

Cyberman2406

Apr 18, 2021
OnePlus 6T
Well this is a beautiful rom though however I have switched back to stock OOS for below reasons.

1. Don't like the pixel dialer and find it inconvenient for me.
2. Bluetooth audio routing not working.
3. Settings menu is all over the place to which I tried but not able to remember all the switches and controls.
4. Double tap to wake not working.
5. Calling is not smoot with regards to the voice. It's scratchy.
6. Unable to make TWRP as permanent recovery to boot. Each time I need to boot into temp recovery using my laptop to access TWRP recovery unsure why but that's irritating.

On the whole while I mentioned above, I really appreciate the efforts and hard work done by all behind putting this amazing rom for our EOL device. Can't agree more that it's the best that my device can get now.

I am happy and saf at the same time while moving away from pixel rom however I certainly will circle back here in some time.

One request is to see if we may bake in stock OnePlus dialer app into this rom as that is something I really had loved to see and use here. Not a demand however a request to all the development team behind this awesome rom.

Stay blessed

Cyberman2406

Apr 18, 2021
OnePlus 6T
There are many threads. You could just read the instructions on first post for this rom. But basically clean install means flashing latest oos to both slots before flashing pe12 to both slots. Make sure to install twrp installer zip after each flash before rebooting back to recovery to switch slots. After all 4 flashes and 4 reboots to recovery do a factory reset from twrp wipe menu and also wipe data by typing yes.
Thanks for picking this up @Brettroth . I missed checking this post admist others.

@Akshay_Babu he is your go to man. I took alot of help and guidance and I mean a lot from @Brettroth which worked best for me.

Reactions: Akshay_Babu

RaspberryPiBen

Aug 4, 2017
Well this is a beautiful rom though however I have switched back to stock OOS for below reasons.

1. Don't like the pixel dialer and find it inconvenient for me.
2. Bluetooth audio routing not working.
3. Settings menu is all over the place to which I tried but not able to remember all the switches and controls.
4. Double tap to wake not working.
5. Calling is not smoot with regards to the voice. It's scratchy.
6. Unable to make TWRP as permanent recovery to boot. Each time I need to boot into temp recovery using my laptop to access TWRP recovery unsure why but that's irritating.

On the whole while I mentioned above, I really appreciate the efforts and hard work done by all behind putting this amazing rom for our EOL device. Can't agree more that it's the best that my device can get now.

I am happy and saf at the same time while moving away from pixel rom however I certainly will circle back here in some time.

One request is to see if we may bake in stock OnePlus dialer app into this rom as that is something I really had loved to see and use here. Not a demand however a request to all the development team behind this awesome rom.

Stay blessed

1. SevralT builds the ROM, he doesn't develop it. Pixel Experience has the Pixel dialer, so Pixel Experience for this phone has the Pixel dialer.
2. That's a known issue that's being worked on.
3. That's an Android 12 thing and a personal preference. Again, SevralT can't change it.
4. I haven't heard anything about that, so I can't respond. I'm currently on PE11, so I can't test it either.
5. A version of that is a known issue that's being worked on.
6. You're doing something wrong. Did you flash the TWRP installer in the temporary TWRP?

SevralT cannot add in the OnePlus dialer while keeping it as Pixel Experience. You can ask the Pixel Experience developers, but I don't think they're likely to do it. Other than that, your only real option is to fork SevralT's PE12 tree, add the OnePlus dialer, build it yourself, and call it something new (not Pixel Experience).

Don't take this as a criticism. It's fine that you prefer other ROMs, and I agree with the thanks to the ROM developers for the 6T. I just wanted to give you the information I have.

Reactions: Cyberman2406

Cyberman2406

Apr 18, 2021
OnePlus 6T
@RaspberryPiBen indeed bro, I can't agree more with you on what you shared and thanks for the insight. Some of these are indeed a personal preference than being anything wrong with the rom.... No doubts on that.

While I love this rom and appreciate all the hard work done by SevralT, it was more of a request for him to see if at all it's possible to help with something of my personal taste.

I will certainly circle back to PE I am sure about that....

Top Liked Posts