[ROM][12L][fajita] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

emmarbee

Dec 17, 2008
Chennai

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
OOS 11 has a feature where you can switch color calibration between saturated and more natural colors. PE seems to use saturated color profile. Is there any way how I can switch to "natural"one?

To add some input to prevoius messages, I have installed previous build over OOS and updated to latest via OTA - everything works for me - no stutters, everything is smooth.
I've been trying to find this as well. The color is too "vibrant/saturated" for my taste. Anyone have a suggestion of how to change this?

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
Just wanted to jump on the love in for this ROM. Recently converted from OOS and I'm finding it fast and stable. I haven't had any noticeable issues thus far.

I did swap to Gcam and install Lawnchair. I didn't realise the Pixel launcher was so rigid.

Thank you @SevralT
I'll make a donation soon.
Where would I find the "different" version of Lawnchair than the one that comes stock in the ROM? Or perhaps when this post was made, there was a different launcher installed by default in the ROM that has since been replaced by Lawnchair?

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
@sirizak , thanks for the feedback. I was actually looking at a few youtube clips on Lawnchair and how it compares with other launchers like Novalauncher. What I like about Lawnchair is that it has the Google Feed option built in, and it has enough customization for my needs.

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
Another question I have. Is there a way to turn off the vibration/haptic feedback when touching the home screen to either bring up the app drawer or the recent apps screen? I prefer minimal haptic feedback and I haven't been able to find where to turn it off.

Update:

The haptic feedback on the home screen seems to be a function of the Lawnchair launcher. I tried a couple other launchers (Nova Launcher and Ruthless Launcher) and neither has the haptic vibration when pressing/holding on the home screen. Maybe I overlooked a setting in Lawnchair for turning it off? For now I am going to give Ruthless launcher a try. It is very clean/smooth and has quite a few features. It's free and doesn't have any popup ads.

I know this ROM is EOL now, but still want to express my thanks. I really like my OnePlus 6T. It's actually running as smooth as when I first bought it nearly 4 years ago. This ROM has given it a fresh update.

Last edited:

janthe6th

Feb 6, 2011
There is a project for PE on Android 13. It is currently in beta. https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-fajita-unofficial-pixelexperience-13-beta-aosp-oneplus-6t.4500721/

There is also this one : https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-line...lus-6-6t-gapps-ota-updates-safetynet.4494053/

The PixelExperience team abandoned the 6T in 2021. It was up to one dev who decided to extend support. He decided not to go beyond the one you just installed. It is a fact we users are dependent on time and effort of Devs. One Dev is nice but if he quits...

You could swap to LineageOS, which has support for the 6T. It can be found here https://download.lineageos.org/fajita. One issue, you will need to handle SafetyNet in order to be able to use Google Play Services, GPay or your banking app (if they are strict). LineageOS has a statement it will not implement SafetyNet in order to get those apps to work so you need to find your own solution to the matter.
The Lineage 13 you linked for the 6t passes Safetynet out of the box (without root).
With root it still works with the usual fixes.

I switched to that ROM as well, the dev is very active.

Still, support for our old device might cease to exist any day, which is understandable, because its old.
I'm thinking of flashing Lineage as well. Coming from stock...and haven't tinkered with ROMs for a long time. Do you know what are the solutions to get safetynet to pass with Lineage?

asing

Nov 5, 2006
I'm thinking of flashing Lineage as well. Coming from stock...and haven't tinkered with ROMs for a long time. Do you know what are the solutions to get safetynet to pass with Lineage?

I decided to format my 6T and install Lineage. This because this ROM is a dead end, and I was experiencing battery drain. Installing Lineage was easy, just read the instructions casrefully.

After installing, SafetyNet is compliant in Basic mode. This should be the same for PE12, both have an unlocked bootloader. I has no issues with Google Play or my banking app.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
I decided to format my 6T and install Lineage. This because this ROM is a dead end, and I was experiencing battery drain. Installing Lineage was easy, just read the instructions casrefully.

After installing, SafetyNet is compliant in Basic mode. This should be the same for PE12, both have an unlocked bootloader. I has no issues with Google Play or my banking app.
Currently running PE12. Just getting back into rooting after not doing it for a few years, so don't know how to do the SafetyNet check yet. What I CAN say is that GPay did not work as long as I was rooted with Magisk. Once I uninstalled Magisk (unrooted), GPay works.

asing

Nov 5, 2006
Currently running PE12. Just getting back into rooting after not doing it for a few years, so don't know how to do the SafetyNet check yet. What I CAN say is that GPay did not work as long as I was rooted with Magisk. Once I uninstalled Magisk (unrooted), GPay works.

I have no reason to root, so I have no issues as a result from rooting. LineageOS works perfectly fine for me without root.

If you want to root, I cannot help you. The only hint I know is the ability to hide root in Magisk to solve those kind of issues.

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
I have no reason to root, so I have no issues as a result from rooting. LineageOS works perfectly fine for me without root.

If you want to root, I cannot help you. The only hint I know is the ability to hide root in Magisk to solve those kind of issues.
I really have no reason to root either. When I first got into rooting years ago, rooting was synonymous with installing custom ROMs. These days it seems you don't need actual "root" to install custom ROMs, which is all I'm looking to do right now. I may play around with Magisk at some point so I can mess around with root capabilities, but for now I have no need.

hank81

Account currently disabled
Mar 11, 2015
Usa
As others have pointed already, I miss the the feature for selecting color space (sRGB, DCI-3P, Custom) in LiveDisplay options.

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
On another note, I am running "TWRP-3.6.2_11-OP6xT" and used it to flash this ROM. However, trying to do a nandroid backup fails due to my phone being encrypted. I haven't been able to figure out how to decrypt so I can do a backup. Can anyone point me to a good resource or "how-to"? Is it a matter of using a different TWRP version? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 6T [fajita]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12L

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download latest releases from here!

Donate
    Contact me in TG!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Device chat

Development resumed again! Wait for new build soon! Based on Android 12.1 and with SELinux Enforcing.
    New build is up!
    What's new?
    - Enabled encryption for EXT4 File System
    - Small increased microphone volume

Download: Click me!
    The camera app Is Google camera and I don't know when the fingerprint will arrive
    There´s a general rule of XDA; don´t ask for time of update. These are voluntary developers, doing all of their work at their spare time. Maybe they have time to spare this week... Maybe next. Or in a couple of months.
    Be patient.
    Just a warning for those coming from OOS or any other ROM that uses prebuilt vendor (pretty much every A11 ROM): It may ask for a unlock pattern (even if you didn't have one) or a Google account, but even if you enter your account it won't work (it says you have to use the owner's account). It probably happens because the new OSS vendor has FRP enabled, but OOS vendor doesn't (or at least OnePlus' FRP is different).

To fix it go to TWRP and clear the FRP partition by running this on adb shell:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/frp bs=512 count=1024