Development [ROM][12L][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][10/06/2022]

Search This thread

chespo

Mar 20, 2021
When I watch videos and listen to music, the temperature of the cell phone is 40 degrees Celsius.
Is that temperature normal?
I have the latest update installed.

chespo

Mar 20, 2021
Unfortunately I have a problem of overheating in the cell phone I will have to uninstall the ROM. Any solution? Has it happened to someone else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-095229_Device Info.png
    Screenshot_20220516-095229_Device Info.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 117

stexano

May 24, 2013
Hello I found this bug: activating speakerphone during a call I can't regulate volume. It's fixed at maximum level (I presume).
I did a clean install + 1 update with TWRP of latest 13th of may release

Reactions: RoM4uK94

RoM4uK94

Aug 22, 2017
While on call with speaker mode or on video call, the volume cannot be increased or decreased and it's always loud.

Narmo70

Aug 10, 2019
Hello users,
I'm looking for a custom rom that allows you to use nfc-based contactless payment with my bank's application (I can't use google pay) and which of course allows you to use all the other phone options!
Does this allow it?
thank you in advance for your help

been using this rom for 2 days, very happy with it so far!
to answer some questions (including one that is my own and one that nobody asked):
- contactless payments work
- per-app network restriction is present
- when bt claims to be using aptx it is not lying, checked with wireshark

Reactions: RoM4uK94

goldenbeard21

Mar 2, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I think I found the issue causing high battery drain as well as high temperature. I was monitoring battery discharge rate and CPU usage using Castro. I found that the 2nd cluster of the cpu just locks at maximum frequency all the time causing high temps and battery drain, While the 2nd cluster's frequency was variable I was getting low discharge rate and better temps. I tried to find application that might be causing the CPU to lock at max freq but still no luck, I think it's a kernel issue and not the rom but then again I could be completely wrong. I've attached screenshots for better understanding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-113714_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220525-113714_Castro.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220525-144224_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220525-144224_Castro.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220525-154509_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220525-154509_Castro.png
    133 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220519-125104_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220519-125104_Castro.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220525-014717_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220525-014717_Castro.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220525-113711_Castro.png
    Screenshot_20220525-113711_Castro.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 43

BMHater12

Feb 16, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I think I found the issue causing high battery drain as well as high temperature. I was monitoring battery discharge rate and CPU usage using Castro. I found that the 2nd cluster of the cpu just locks at maximum frequency all the time causing high temps and battery drain, While the 2nd cluster's frequency was variable I was getting low discharge rate and better temps. I tried to find application that might be causing the CPU to lock at max freq but still no luck, I think it's a kernel issue and not the rom but then again I could be completely wrong. I've attached screenshots for better understanding.
So that's the reason why the ROM strangely wastes so much battery, hope the maintainer fixes this issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So does PixelOS Recovery support data decryption? It's a little hard to tell from this wording (since it is also by definition a custom recovery).

And if it does, is there a way to use it to mount decrypted /data and tar its contents up, with SELinux labels etc.? I'm willing to get my hands very dirty if it means I can avoid setting up the phone by hand again.
    Hello, I've compiled a TWRP build that supports decrypting /data on Android 12 as well as supporting EROFS. It's a very early build but it does the job and I haven't run into any issues here. Enjoy!
    @Aryannn999 - was this the Vulcan driver? Or, is that issue still there in the latest build? Also: thanks for being the dev behind my daily driver. Highly appreciated!
    @Aryannn999 - was this the Vulcan driver? Or, is that issue still there in the latest build? Also: thanks for being the dev behind my daily driver. Highly appreciated!
    It seems yes Vulkan did cause some heating. I'm also looking at an issue where the AI mode on miuicamera causes something similar. For now I recommend turning off the AI mode in miuicamera and stuff should be great.
    is there a proper backup solution? or can any of the recommended recoveries at least decrypt /data? I wasted enough time getting the phone to work as I want and making sure all the auth/2fa/etc stuff works just 2 weeks ago, not enjoying the thought of slogging manually through all that again at all.

I realize people making custom roms don't owe users anything, but a tiny bit more consideration and respect for your users' time would be, you know, nice? some people actually _use_ their phones, not just rom-hop for fun.

at least have the courtesy of holding off on clean-flash-requiring changes until a full backup is possible, especially changes like this, which promises some vague "performance benefits" and does not seem critical at all.
    No recovery on Android 12 can decrypt data, the TWRP team has been working on it for a while. A full backup is possible, you don't need recovery to decrypt /data to take a full backup. There are apps such as Swift Backup that you can use to backup and restore app data (including the 2FA apps I use). I do use this device as a phone as well and I don't ROM hop. These changes were major and for F2FS compression to work, it needs a clean flash.

Instead of asking me to have the courtesy to hold off on asking for a clean flash, please read what I said as well as the instructions on the website, it is highly recommended (not a requirement) as I noticed good improvements with EROFS and F2FS compression. If you believe it is just some "vague performance benefits", go ahead and try a dirty flash.

EDIT: Once someone has figured out decryption via recovery on Android 12, I'll build and link that recovery here, but for now as I said, it is not possible sadly.
    you also wrote that dirty flash is untested (which means "all bets are off you are on your own lol" in my book, but correct me if I'm wrong).

do you have any numbers? (I'm just idly curious, and will totally understand if you ignore the question. performance improvement due to less data shoveling is indeed very plausible, especially when write amplification is significantly reduced like f2fs compression promises to do, but I haven't noticed any performance problems so far on this rom in the first place, so I wonder how much of a placebo effect that improvement is in practice)

thank you for Swift Backup recommendation, will try!
    Yes, I have not tested a dirty flash personally. On my telegram group, I have seen two people say a dirty flash worked fine for them so I guess you could try it. I have just mentioned that I haven't tested it personally and I recommended a clean flash, that's it.

Personally, I didn't take any benchmarks myself as I don't really believe in any benchmarking apps, I looked at real-world use. Apps opened faster, boot times were reduced, and stuff, in general, was a bit faster. If you feel the performance is already great and you don't need F2FS compression right now then go ahead and try a dirty flash (according to two users on the telegram group it was fine) Regarding the numbers, a tester took a few tests using the CPDT benchmark and saw a good improvement in Sequential Write and read which increased by about 100 MB/s, Random Write and Read Increased by 50 MB/s, and memory copy increased by about 1.4 GB/S (to 5.15 GB/s)
    latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
    • Slow motion in miuicamera

Requirements
    • Flash the ROM only with PixelOS recovery or OrangeFox recovery (My build, not the official version)
    • Flash the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for the Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max here
    Firmware for sweet https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/sweet
    Firmware for sweetin https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/sweetin
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/sweet/recovery
    OrangeFox Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox-releases/files/sweet

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • MIUICamera from the latest MIUI release is included
    • VantomKernel is the default kernel

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android 12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region
    • Download the ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v25 (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region
    • Flash the ROM
    • Format data
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
    • Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/aryanschat
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire

Source Code
    PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/vantoman/kernel_xiaomi_sm6150/tree/courbet-12.1

ROM OS Version: Android 12L.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.282
    Stable Release Date: 09 June 2022
    Latest Release Date: 09 June 2022
    So does PixelOS Recovery support data decryption? It's a little hard to tell from this wording (since it is also by definition a custom recovery).

And if it does, is there a way to use it to mount decrypted /data and tar its contents up, with SELinux labels etc.? I'm willing to get my hands very dirty if it means I can avoid setting up the phone by hand again.
    Hello, I've compiled a TWRP build that supports decrypting /data on Android 12 as well as supporting EROFS. It's a very early build but it does the job and I haven't run into any issues here. Enjoy!
    My device RN10Pro(India) RKFINXM version does not have a MIUI 13 firmware. Can I install the latest update?
    As he mentioned: MIUI firmware 13 IS required. Id wait till its available for your device. But I dont miss anything so far. As long as it works I wouldnt switch to latest update.