Development [ROM][12L][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][12/08/2022]

Search This thread

112.bkt

Feb 19, 2011
London
Update: Previous ROM build I had battery drain and overheating problems so updated TWRP recovery to latest version and latest ROM version no issues and good battery life amazing work guys 😉 thank you.

HansKlopek

Apr 16, 2022
Two issues which are confusing me:

1) When I first installed this ROM I swear the screenshot capability, upon taking a screenshot and pressing the little edit pen icon, gave you options to crop and markup (draw on the image with various tools). The markup stuff isn't there anymore. You can do nothing but crop. Am I making this up? Can anybody else confirm whether they had this functionality?!

Edit: If you instead press share upon taking a screenshot and then edit on the next page you'll get the extra tools.

2) My 'Notification vibration intensity' setting will always default to 'Light' after I've changed it. I think the 'haptic feedback intensity' option will also do this. Sometimes it only takes minutes, sometimes a little bit longer. But it always does it. Just me or is this happening to anybody else? Am I missing something obvious?

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
On my device I've found that sometimes my phone wasn't going to deep sleep because of smp2p_sleepstate wakelock.
I've decided to disable this kernel module and see what happens. I'm using this configuration since few days and I'm rather happy with the results - I don't see any regressions after disabling the module and my battery drain issue is solved. At least from this particular reason.

So I'd like to share the build.

As always, You're flashing this at your own risk. I don't know if this will work on any other rom than PixelOS (most probably will work. I'm not sure about miui based roms. Feel free to try).

It's regular Vantom kernel, compiled with latest commit 3c6e92509e0ad1aca8419db926b2cc82b1c5acb1 (HEAD -> courbet-12.1, origin/courbet-12.1).
Following changes have been made in comparing to defconfig:
Diff:
1c1
< CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-VantomKernel"
---
> CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-VantomKernel-Cthulhu-fhtagn"
55c55
< CONFIG_LTO_CLANG=y
---
> CONFIG_LTO_NONE=y
702c702
< CONFIG_QCOM_SMP2P_SLEEPSTATE=y
---
> CONFIG_QCOM_SMP2P_SLEEPSTATE=n

For best results use this with Naptime app and Google play services doze option checked.

I was experiencing a similar battery drain issue. Start my day at 100% then end the day at ~70-80% depending on how much the phone had been used, sometimes even more. Not much use mind you, just some light chatting, browsing and some streaming during lunch. Phone is new, two or three weeks of use.

I'd have this WAKELOCK entry in the battery screen, keeping the phone awake for hours. I'd reboot and it'd come back at some point, the phone would always be kept awake by this wakelock on the previous 24hs. Not using magisk or anything this time, just the ROM and the usual stuff.

Suspecting it was caused by what you describe, decided to flash your modified kernel and see if it fixed the issue.

Today I have 90% battery left instead of 80-70% with the same light use pattern and the same overall time measured, and the WAKELOCK entry is gone. The battery drain graph slope is not so steep anymore. Phone has been in deep sleep for 80% of the time since the last reboot.

You can add my +1 to this fixing an actual issue. I'm using the latest firmware (V13.0.10.0.SKFEUXM) my phone updated to before unlocking and installing PixelOS.

Looks like whatever sleep state this kernel module is enabling, is broken or not working correctly.

@Aryannn999 maybe check this out?

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 101
  • WAKELOCK.png
    WAKELOCK.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: donRamon76

arunmeh

Jun 19, 2022
On my device I've found that sometimes my phone wasn't going to deep sleep because of smp2p_sleepstate wakelock.
I've decided to disable this kernel module and see what happens. I'm using this configuration since few days and I'm rather happy with the results - I don't see any regressions after disabling the module and my battery drain issue is solved. At least from this particular reason.

As always, You're flashing this at your own risk. I don't know if this will work on any other rom than PixelOS (most probably will work. I'm not sure about miui based roms. Feel free to try).

It's regular Vantom kernel, compiled with latest commit 3c6e92509e0ad1aca8419db926b2cc82b1c5acb1 (HEAD -> courbet-12.1, origin/courbet-12.1).
Diff:
1c1
---
55c55
< CONFIG_LTO_CLANG=y
---
> CONFIG_LTO_NONE=y
702c702
---

For best results use this with Naptime app and Google play services doze option checked.
I have this same issue. But not sure how to apply this kernel update. Can anyone help, please. Can I just side load this zip file? Or is there any other process to follow.

Last edited:

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012

Diff:
1c1
---
55c55
< CONFIG_LTO_CLANG=y
---
> CONFIG_LTO_NONE=y
702c702
---

Thanks, got the same problem, but I'm on latest evox. Checked betterbatterystats and got the same smp2p.sleepstate wakelock. Flash this and it's gone + higher deep sleep percentage when screen's off.

Thefatalityy

Jul 20, 2022
TWRP or OrangeFox doesnt mount my internal storage after clean flash on PC, i couldn't install pixelos, please help!

HansKlopek

Apr 16, 2022
Notes:

• Screen Recorder does not record any device audio when set to do so
  • The microphone issues continue (quiet). I have found that when people complain, if I remove my headset audio jack and re-insert it (mid-call) then the microphone audio returns to normal (for the recipient on the other end), by which I mean loud and present.

Sahil bhan

Apr 7, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
suggestion please !!
should I flash pixelos or stay on miui 13.0.4 ... personally don't have any problem with miui .. i just like stock android feel no bloatwares...

Sahil bhan

Apr 7, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i recently flash pixeos rom but facing minor issues
1) when i unlock my device through fingerprint it open just by placing finger ... because of this device keeps getting unlock even i touch sensor bymistake...
2) when i set black wallpapere there is white shade on top side(only on homescreen+ black wallpaper only)

jake/kubo

Aug 1, 2022
I've just installed this rom and it's amazing. The best custom rom I've tried so far. My main phone is Pixel 5 and this is just like it, with even fewer default apps. I love it. Runs smooth, no bags so far and battery lasts long.

I wonder if you could add support for Miracast? I know google pixels cant run it due to hardware, but maybe this phone could? (if it's too complicated than it's not worth it, but if it's doable, it would be a nice feature to have)

I also supported your paypal with £5 as the initial impressions are great and you definitely deserve as many tips as possible.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that brightness changes instantly compared to pixel phones. On pixel phones it takes about 2 seconds to read the brightness change and then it changes the brightness gradually over 2-3 seconds, which just feels better to look at and doesnt shock eyes as much.

Love your work, thanks for a great rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Thank you so much for this suggestion! straight forward to flash new kernel via TWRP and idle battery is so much better, 1% lost overnight. Fixed my phone basically, hopefully it stays this way.
    Glad to help
    Faceing OverNight battery drain in my Note 10 Pro
    Try flashing the latest vantom kernel
    Does any of you has a bug on fingerprint lock? Mine doesnt work
    Just installed latest PixelOS. coming from latest MIUI13. A while ago I already was on PixelOS but changed back due to some issues.

Battery life is great. Maybe its just me, but this what I did: Was on MIUI13 and still had OrangeFoxRecovery installed. I just downloaded latest PixelOS, put it on my SDCard. Reboot to recovery and erased Data, Dalvic Cache...everything including Cache.

Skipped the part "Download the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region"
    I dunno if this made the difference, but i thought: Im already on latest MIUI13, so why do this step?

Just installed PixelOS, wiped data and rebooted. Installed at least 30 Apps, launcher and a few other things. Was on 73% before sleep. Left everything on: Bluetooth, Wlan, Mobile connection, GPS, NFC. Woke up 5 hours later, still on 72%.

Perfect.
    Does this require a fresh clean install or can you dirty flash from recovery?
    It's a kernel, you can just dirty flash it through recovery using adb
    Which previous build are you using or would you recommend?
    Ud suggest something around april or may. This is the one, I didnt have problems with. Currently using latest build though and run into battery drain after 4 days of nothing. I think its due to mobile data or something. You could also try latest build and flash Vantom kernel as mentioned
    latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
    • Slow motion in miuicamera

Requirements
    • Flash the ROM only with PixelOS recovery or my builds of OrangeFox recovery or TWRP (My builds, not the official versions)
    • Flash the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for the Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max here
    Firmware for sweet https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/sweet
    Firmware for sweetin https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/sweetin
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/sweet/recovery
    TWRP https://sourceforge.net/projects/twrp-releases/files/Sweet/
    OrangeFox Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox-releases/files/sweet

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • MIUICamera from the latest MIUI release is included
    • VantomKernel is the default kernel
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region
    • Download the ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v25.2 (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest MIUI 13 firmware for your region
    • Flash the ROM
    • Format data
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
    • Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/aryanschat
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire

Source Code
    PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sm6150 (courbet-12.1 branch)

ROM OS Version: Android 12L.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.290
    Stable Release Date: 12 August 2022
    Latest Release Date: 12 August 2022
    1660314619088.png

The PixelOS August update is here.

Downloads and changelogs can be found here

Seen a few of you who had issues with smp2p_sleepstate. Should be fixed in this build. Enjoy!

Diff:
    1c1
    ---
    55c55
    < CONFIG_LTO_CLANG=y
    ---
    > CONFIG_LTO_NONE=y
    702c702
    ---

Quick hotfix update for the July patch as I wasn't sure if we would have another Android 12 release as 13 is right around the corner.

You can download the build on the website now https://pixelos.vercel.app/download/sweet
    A mirror for the build can be found here.

Changelog:
    - Always on Display and Ambient Display will now run at 60hz
    - Fixed an issue with the microphone being too quiet in some apps
    - Fixed an issue where the google recorder didn't want to work for some users
    - Import the new display calibration file from MIUI V13.0.10.0.SKFEUXM
    - Update the s5kgw3 camera libraries from MIUI V13.0.5.0.SKFINXM
    - Imported a few missing display blobs
    - Address Xiaomi's displayfeature & citsensorservice denials
    - Enable 24-bit audio for primary output and deep buffer
    - Added high touch polling rate
    - Disabled IORAP
    - Updated the Adreno stack
    - Possibly fixed some issues with smp2p-sleepstate
    - Disabled CFI due to causing issues regarding performance
    - Upstreamed kernel to 4.14.288
    - Other improvements and changes
    So does PixelOS Recovery support data decryption? It's a little hard to tell from this wording (since it is also by definition a custom recovery).

And if it does, is there a way to use it to mount decrypted /data and tar its contents up, with SELinux labels etc.? I'm willing to get my hands very dirty if it means I can avoid setting up the phone by hand again.
    Hello, I've compiled a TWRP build that supports decrypting /data on Android 12 as well as supporting EROFS. It's a very early build but it does the job and I haven't run into any issues here. Enjoy!