[ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.4-COMET

Search This thread

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
I understand, thanks again for all of your work on this.

I haven't needed to get a new phone because of how much better my Mi Note 10 has gotten with Cipher!

LEONYX21

Jan 29, 2022
Hello, to update, I did not understand how to do. I received the update, and when I installed it, the phone started recovery mode but nothing happened... Can someone help me ?

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
On latest build and everything perfect so far. Using BSG GCam with 81 config.

On the last build (2.5) I had issues with the "open tabs" button on the right of 3 button navigation home screen not working. When going from WiFi to cell, I would have to restart my phone because I'd lose connection. Battery drained faster as well.

Happy to say none of those are in 3.2, literally flawless so far. And there are a lot of nice little changes.

@alibei Is it possible to have google assistant work when phone is locked and "sleeping"? I've googled for the last few months but cannot find anyway to get the assistant to respond to my voice when the phone is locked and screen is off.

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
Managed to install 3.2. Initially got a bootloop, but then noticed that in TWRP, under 'Wipe', there is a 'Format data' button, that's what you need to push, and accept the red warning that everything is going to be deleted. Simple 'Wipe' is not enough.

After 'format data', i went back to TWRP main menu, under 'advanced', there is a 'adb sideload' button. Tap that, hook up to PC, and do 'adb sideload CipherOS-blabla.zip'. That's all!

To save apps+data, I used Titanium backup, but it failed on restore! what a piece of garbage, should've gone with Migrate indeed :(

Last edited:

LEONYX21

Jan 29, 2022
Managed to install 3.2. Initially got a bootloop, but then noticed that in TWRP, under 'Wipe', there is a 'Format data' button, that's what you need to push, and accept the red warning that everything is going to be deleted. Simple 'Wipe' is not enough.

After 'format data', i went back to TWRP main menu, under 'advanced', there is a 'adb sideload' button. Tap that, hook up to PC, and do 'adb sideload CipherOS-blabla.zip'. That's all!

To save apps+data, I used Titanium backup from play store.
I have completely updated CipherOS 3.0 to 3.2 without the "Format data" option. I just Wiped "Cache" and my phone started CipherOS 3.2 normally

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
Been running 3.2 for a day now.
Battery seems to be better even than 2.1. After almost a whole day of medium use, I still have 70%.
It is stable and reliable. Especially like the 5x7 layout in cipher launcher. Lots of the little 'papercut' issues are fixed.
Very happy with this update!

Reactions: Oogwaysmash

QQboss

Hello, I am currently on version 3.0, but I am not able to update as described because my recovery seems encrypted even without screen lock (weird foldernames etc).

Do i have to format data or why is it like this?
Thanks.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
Hello, I am currently on version 3.0, but I am not able to update as described because my recovery seems encrypted even without screen lock (weird foldernames etc).

Do i have to format data or why is it like this?
Thanks.
If you want to dirty flash (upgrade without formatting data) you just need to flash the new ROM 3.2 without formatting data. Data keeps untouched then although TWRP can´t decrypt it. TWRP just upgrade your system-related partitions.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
And how can I do that when twrp is unuseable? I can list folders but I cant see any files inside TWRP. OTA update moves to directly to TWRP as well.

Only way iI can think of is adb sideload maybe.
Ah, okay. I understand your prob now. Just use an USB-Stick and copy the ROM on it. Then dirty flash from this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Join to Telegram photography groupand channels for tucana:
    @minote10photography
    @minote10apk
    @minote10xml
    Nobody have my same problems?
    1-i think this is related to android 12 and twrp
    2-everything smooth (insta,twitter) but I once got twitter to stutter, I think the phone was thermal throttling since I was using it while charging(or using it heavily I don't remember)
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    New update is out. Now we are official.