[ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.4-COMET

Search This thread

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
A bit of followup on CipherOS 3.2.

Sometimes I still get random battery drain; last time it turned out that face unlock was eating battery like madman (even though I set it to be active on lockscreen only).

There is a bug with light sensor; when unlocking the phone after it sat in my pocket for a while, brightness goes to near 0, making it very hard in bright daylight to even unlock. This happens even with auto brightness disabled (???).

When adjusting brightness, it randomly resets color temperature from night light.

Note that this worked perfectly on cipheros 3.0, so this is a regression since.

On a positive note, face unlock does work, almost 100% reliably.
Otherwise, the rom works and is a reliable daily driver.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich

Sometimes I still get random battery drain; last time it turned out that face unlock was eating battery like madman (even though I set it to be active on lockscreen only).

There is a bug with light sensor; when unlocking the phone after it sat in my pocket for a while, brightness goes to near 0, making it very hard in bright daylight to even unlock. This happens even with auto brightness disabled (???).

When adjusting brightness, it randomly resets color temperature from night light.

Sorry, but I don´t have any of your problems. I´m also on 3.2. This Rom works really perfect on my device. Did you do a clean flash?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3

Hi, I also noticed the random battery drain. I'm working on this

rstacruz

Dec 25, 2018
Thank you so much for this ROM! It's so much smoother than stock.

One issue I'm getting is the mobile data appears with a `!` in the status bar icon, and Google Chrome shows "No internet connection" (even if the connection kind of works). Any advice would be appreciated!

rstacruz

Dec 25, 2018
Check your APN settings9
Thanks! I managed to address this by:

- Flashing xiaomi's default ROM
- Taking note of the APN settings
- Re-flashing CipherOS and copying the APN settings over

In my phone, the MMS settings didn't get automatically set for some reason (MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, APN type) and this caused connection problems.

Suggestion for future users: take note of APN settings before flashing new ROMs!

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
I have a serious issue with webviews in cipherOS 3.2.
Also in 2.1 this already occured.

Basically, all apps that rely on webview are broken. Initially, there is rendering, but after a few seconds, suddenly the webview is replaced by a white canvas, with a magnifying glass in the lower right corner. There is also an exception in logcat.

This is quite annoying, as even professional apps are sometimes relying on cordova :(

rstacruz

Dec 25, 2018
Anyone know how I can do a dirty flash? Even after removing the PIN/fingerprint, going into TWRP shows directories in encrypted-looking names. I tried with the updater, but /data/cipheros_updates is empty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Join to Telegram photography groupand channels for tucana:
    @minote10photography
    @minote10apk
    @minote10xml
    Nobody have my same problems?
    1-i think this is related to android 12 and twrp
    2-everything smooth (insta,twitter) but I once got twitter to stutter, I think the phone was thermal throttling since I was using it while charging(or using it heavily I don't remember)
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    New update is out. Now we are official.