[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

Echonode86

Jan 27, 2022
The only "issue" I'm having now is with the camera app. It's very minimalistic, no way to switch to Macro or 108M mode etc. anymore. It just is what it is and there's nothing you can really do regarding settings etc. Any suggestions?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
The only "issue" I'm having now is with the camera app. It's very minimalistic, no way to switch to Macro or 108M mode etc. anymore. It just is what it is and there's nothing you can really do regarding settings etc. Any suggestions?
It's just the default aosp cam. If you want something better use a modded gcam for example

Reactions: harakiri576

LEONYX21

Jan 29, 2022
Hi, i installed your ROM in my Mi Note 10. My phone boots up, it displays the lock screen but, once i want to unlock it i have a black screen, then it displays the lock screen again. I tried everything i could to fix the problem. To install CipherOS i made a clean flash. My last ROM before CipherOS is ArrowOS Android 12.

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
thanks. Would you have a link to download a good modded GCam, some secure source?
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/ is the entry point for gcam.

The best for this ROM/device is MTSL's; it comes with native support for mi note 10. (Remember to load up the mi note 10 config file - it's not done by default, you get a standard config only after first start).

I however opted to use BSG's as daily driver, because it has working motion photos (it's borked with all the others). Also without config, works fine out of the box.

And as usual with gcam: YMMV * 1000. try to fiddle around with the settings, figure out which works best for you - everyone finds different things important. If you like custom ROMs, now a gcam is just like that, in its own little world.

For me, motion photos are the most important feature, as I mostly snap lovely little moving 'objects' :D , but others find night mode, 4K 60FPS video or a nice warm color balance more important, so they use other gcam or settings.

Last edited:

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
@alibei , regarding cipheros, another distinctly lacking feature is the permission to revoke internet access of an app. I only see the option to disable background data, but wifi access is there all the time. I don't want to install vpnguard on a rooted phone :O

another one: which rooting method do you recommend? It should survive OTA, preferably, but at least, not break it. I see that mi note 10 doesn't have the A/B partitioning, so this is old school, but I couldn't find any doc on how OTA updates in cipheros work.

thanks alibei. Sorry to bother you again, I've installed a custom GCam (8.4). The image quality is terrible though. Do you know if there is any way of installing the original Xiaomi Mi Note 10 camera app on this ROM?

Thanks !
You can try ANX 185 or 190, but they are still far from perfect. As for GCams, try to look on these Telegram group and channels:

@minote10photography
@minote10apk
@minote10xml

Maybe you will find something that suits you better.

Echonode86

Jan 27, 2022
You can try ANX 185 or 190, but they are still far from perfect. As for GCams, try to look on these Telegram group and channels:

@minote10photography
@minote10apk
@minote10xml

Maybe you will find something that suits you better.
The auto-focus doesn't seem to work well at all, and I can't shoot 108M photos anymore. I've tried the MTSL camera, but the settings are a bit overwhelming tbh!

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
thanks alibei. Sorry to bother you again, I've installed a custom GCam (8.4). The image quality is terrible though. Do you know if there is any way of installing the original Xiaomi Mi Note 10 camera app on this ROM?

Thanks !
Did you load the config for the GCam? You need it. Also there a a few modded GCams out there and their picture quality is really nice

Echonode86

Jan 27, 2022
this is really a great ROM, but I've just stopped trying to use the fingerprint scanner, really slow and end up having to unlock with PIN or swipe anyway. No real issues, but weirdly enough with the app Signal, I can't make calls anymore. Well, I can, but the mic volume is too low so not usable. Just seems to be with Signal. Anyone else have that? Also with Signal I can now only attach files from my Gallery, nowhere else. Strange one...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.