Nobody have my same problems?Hey, i'm trying this rom from yesterday and i have 2 problems:
1. I can't decrypt with twrp (removed screen lock, still encrypted), i can flash using otg but it's uncomfortable.
2. The rom is so laggy, the most, playing games or scrolling social apps like Instagram or facebook.
There is anything i can do? I really like this rom and i would not change it
Edit: removing battery limitations, games and apps works better, more smooth but still a bit laggy.
1-i think this is related to android 12 and twrp
Well yes, but not the instructions in #1, because that doesn't work ATM (see alibei's comment somewhere around the 20-25th page here)
I updated from 3.2 and 3.4 that way with no issue. Guess I'll wait for the issue to get resolved.Well yes, but not the instructions in #1, because that doesn't work ATM (see alibei's comment somewhere around the 20-25th page here)
Steps to update:
- Download rom to your computer
- hook up your phone via usb, enable ADB (if you don't yet have this working, google around - adb is standard android thing, there is plenty of doc on the net)
- run 'adb reboot recovery' to enter recovery (or boot phone while keeping volume-down button pressed)
- click 'leave read-only', then from main menu, choose 'advanced' and then 'adb sideload'
- on your computer, run 'adb sideload CipherOS-3.8-NOVA-cipher_tucana-20220713-1642-OFFICIAL-GAPPS.zip' (obviously from the downloads folder)
- when done, click reboot in TWRP and you're done
(except in my case, this resulted in bootloop, so i had to re-download 3.4 and sideload it the same way to get my phone to boot)
THIS CLEAN FLASH PROCEDURE WORKED FOR ME
/* Your warranty is now void or maybe not? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */