[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

hasan794

Dec 8, 2020
Changing the grid should change the icon size but here it doesn't, also wish if we could somehow get android 11 style customization like changing the icon size and shape, other than that the rom is perfect, thank you :) .

albo.ma

Dec 7, 2018
Bari, Italy
Hey, i'm trying this rom from yesterday and i have 2 problems:
1. I can't decrypt with twrp (removed screen lock, still encrypted), i can flash using otg but it's uncomfortable.
2. The rom is so laggy, the most, playing games or scrolling social apps like Instagram or facebook.

There is anything i can do? I really like this rom and i would not change it🙏🙏

Edit: removing battery limitations, games and apps works better, more smooth but still a bit laggy.
Nobody have my same problems?

thejaredhuang

Jan 14, 2007
I've been using this ROM for a month and have had only 1 minor issue, when I restart the notification icon pack changes back to default (I have it set to Kai) . Other than that 0 problems for me, my fingerprint works on apps. You have to setup a # Pin or lock pattern to enable fingerprints though, otherwise you have to use face unlock

harakiri576

Dec 14, 2012
Utrecht
How did you install? Did you follow the update instructions?
Well yes, but not the instructions in #1, because that doesn't work ATM (see alibei's comment somewhere around the 20-25th page here)

Steps to update:
- Download rom to your computer
- hook up your phone via usb, enable ADB (if you don't yet have this working, google around - adb is standard android thing, there is plenty of doc on the net)
- run 'adb reboot recovery' to enter recovery (or boot phone while keeping volume-down button pressed)
- click 'leave read-only', then from main menu, choose 'advanced' and then 'adb sideload'
- on your computer, run 'adb sideload CipherOS-3.8-NOVA-cipher_tucana-20220713-1642-OFFICIAL-GAPPS.zip' (obviously from the downloads folder)
- when done, click reboot in TWRP and you're done

(except in my case, this resulted in bootloop, so i had to re-download 3.4 and sideload it the same way to get my phone to boot)

Last edited:

trefiesnaj

Sep 30, 2012
Same problem to me, only bootloop after install. I follow instruction. 1) TWRP cannot find update at data/ciphers update . 2) I downloaded it and install from USB drive. But only bootloop I can see..
Only solution to install is clean install with format data and wipe all

Last edited:

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
Well yes, but not the instructions in #1, because that doesn't work ATM (see alibei's comment somewhere around the 20-25th page here)

Steps to update:
- Download rom to your computer
- hook up your phone via usb, enable ADB (if you don't yet have this working, google around - adb is standard android thing, there is plenty of doc on the net)
- run 'adb reboot recovery' to enter recovery (or boot phone while keeping volume-down button pressed)
- click 'leave read-only', then from main menu, choose 'advanced' and then 'adb sideload'
- on your computer, run 'adb sideload CipherOS-3.8-NOVA-cipher_tucana-20220713-1642-OFFICIAL-GAPPS.zip' (obviously from the downloads folder)
- when done, click reboot in TWRP and you're done

(except in my case, this resulted in bootloop, so i had to re-download 3.4 and sideload it the same way to get my phone to boot)
I updated from 3.2 and 3.4 that way with no issue. Guess I'll wait for the issue to get resolved.

And I did also notice that downloading from the updater does not actually put it in the cipheros updates folder

unixlike

Jul 14, 2022
Belluno
Hi, I did a clear install as mentioned in the first page of this thread, but when I install CipherOS-3.8-NOVA_vanilla via TWRP I get only boot loop to recovery or it gets stuck in the first boot animation. Does anyone know how to solve this?

unixlike

Jul 14, 2022
Belluno
Hi, I did a clear install as mentioned in the first page of this thread, but when I install CipherOS-3.8-NOVA_vanilla via TWRP I get only boot loop to recovery or it gets stuck in the first boot animation. Does anyone know how to solve this?
THIS CLEAN FLASH PROCEDURE WORKED FOR ME

1- Download latest TWRP here
2- Flash TWRP via fastboot
3- Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
4- Format data
5- Reboot to recovery
6- Flash the global version of the 12.5.4 firmware FW 12.5.4
7- Reboot to recovery
8- Flash CipherOS using TWRP or better with ADB Sideload
9- Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache
10- Reboot to system

Reactions: albo.ma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.