[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

gioblecch

Jan 17, 2011
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Thank you for the reply!
I tried and it's working good with rootless, don't know if it will break anything hehe but I used this:

https://xdaforums.com/t/app-all-root-solutions-6-0-viper4android-fx-2-7.3774651/

This apk https://zackptg5.com/downloads/v4afx.apk and flashed this https://zackptg5.com/downloads/v4afx-rootless_10.21.2020.zip

No root or magisk modules.
Hope it's ok to share otherwise juste remove this post :)
Can I try to install v4afx-rootless_10.21.2020.zip on my UNROOTED xiaomi note 10 pro ? or I risk to not being able to boot it anymore?

jessie maarat

Jul 5, 2015
double tap to wake doesnt work even already enable in settings.
"ok gogle" doest work. it says that "currently unavailable for this language" though i've tried diffenrent language ang region..

Last edited:

alex99aon

Mar 18, 2020
When I try to install CipherOS or ArrowOS, after the first reboot, I can not access data/storage.
There is no access from TWRP (Albei version), Orangefox and Windows.

My steps: Installed the complete new MIUI (version V13.0.2) and booted it.
Flashed TWRP (also tried OrangeFox)
Wiped Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
Formated data and reboot to recovery
Flashed ArrowOs Vanilla / CipherOS Vanilla (+Clear Cashes)
Rebooted --> system works normally

But I cannot access any files from outside Android...

What else can I try?

Edit: Could a VBMETA Patch help?

Last edited:

alex99aon

Mar 18, 2020
When I try to install CipherOS or ArrowOS, after the first reboot, I can not access data/storage.
There is no access from TWRP (Albei version), Orangefox and Windows.

My steps: Installed the complete new MIUI (version V13.0.2) and booted it.
Flashed TWRP (also tried OrangeFox)
Wiped Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Data, Product and Vendor
Formated data and reboot to recovery
Flashed ArrowOs Vanilla / CipherOS Vanilla (+Clear Cashes)
Rebooted --> system works normally

But I cannot access any files from outside Android...

What else can I try?

Edit: Could a VBMETA Patch help?
Should decryption of system/data normally work in Albeis TWRP?

Is my installation procedure okey?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Edit: Please.

Last edited:

mcasals33

Dec 5, 2022
Hi members and users of this Rom!

I have a question for you. I'm interested in renewing my Mi Note 10 with this awesome rom, but I would like to be 100% surt that the dual sim stuff it's working properly. For me it is very important.
when I say dual sim stuff, I mean:
system of choosing from which sim I'm going to call
dual apps (whatsapp... etc etc)
manage both 3g/4g network,

Can someone answer me that? thank you so much

Haku93

Sep 26, 2022
Hi
I confirm that dual sim is 100% fonctional, I use this ROM everyday, one sim is my personal sim and the second is my professional sim. No prob for choosing before every call or sms. Same for network.
Just for dual app I don't know how to it maybe, but 'i think this function doesn't exist (but not sure I don't use it at least)

Hi members and users of this Rom!

I have a question for you. I'm interested in renewing my Mi Note 10 with this awesome rom, but I would like to be 100% surt that the dual sim stuff it's working properly. For me it is very important.
when I say dual sim stuff, I mean:
system of choosing from which sim I'm going to call
dual apps (whatsapp... etc etc)
manage both 3g/4g network,

Can someone answer me that? thank you so much

GedeWK

Oct 18, 2012
Any idea how to fix the double line clock strange alignments?
Screenshot_20230102-232857_Chrome.png

What camera app does ChiperOS use? Is it possible to get the stock MIUI Camera for Tucana without root? No other camera apps seem to support all five cameras, and the one found in ArrowOS (which is indeed a stock MIUI Camera) is very unreliable, slow, and makes terrible quality pictures.

What camera app does ChiperOS use? Is it possible to get the stock MIUI Camera for Tucana without root? No other camera apps seem to support all five cameras, and the one found in ArrowOS (which is indeed a stock MIUI Camera) is very unreliable, slow, and makes terrible quality pictures.
I belive you asked the same question on Telegram, so my answer is same. Many GCams support all lenses with a proper configuration.

And there is no way to get MIUI Camera without root, not even fully working WITH root.

I belive you asked the same question on Telegram, so my answer is same. Many GCams support all lenses with a proper configuration.

And there is no way to get MIUI Camera without root, not even fully working WITH root.
Thanks, yes I've asked. Could you maybe send me a link to a working GCAM? I haven't found any that supported all lenses even with configurations :(

Thanks, yes I've asked. Could you maybe send me a link to a working GCAM? I haven't found any that supported all lenses even with configurations :(
You may want to try this with one of the xml provided under links in the descritpion: https://t.me/minote10apk/48

I think macro lens has been disabled by default as it is almost useless on Mi Note 10 (for macro shots it is much better to use wide angle or zoom from the main lens), but if you're determined to use it, you can enable it in settings. I just dont remember how exactly sine I don't own this device anymore, but you can join https://t.me/minote10photography group and ask

Thanks a lot!
You may want to try this with one of the xml provided under links in the descritpion: https://t.me/minote10apk/48

I think macro lens has been disabled by default as it is almost useless on Mi Note 10 (for macro shots it is much better to use wide angle or zoom from the main lens), but if you're determined to use it, you can enable it in settings. I just dont remember how exactly sine I don't own this device anymore, but you can join https://t.me/minote10photography group and ask

Reactions: Lord Sithek

Syl21

Jun 10, 2021
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I've try to patch boot.img (like with a ramdisk) stuck in fastboot
I've try to patch twrp-3.6.0_11-0.img but when start recovery stuck in fastboot
I've try to patch twrp-3.7.0_9-0-tucana.img but when start recovery stuck in fastboot

If somebody know how to install Magisk or hide root... Thanks in Advance

dzincha

Mar 26, 2014
1 Is safetynet passed with this rom?
2 Google pay works?
3 Is this same as "
==== 2021-06-11 =====
- CipherOS 1.7 Astra "
4 is it getting ota updates or manual dl and then flash?
5 if upgrade to newer builds, previous build apps configuration goes to their defaults?
6 what is latest built security patch built date?
7 any bugs?
8 battery life better than stock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.