[ROM][12L] [OTA Updates] crDroid v8.4 for Samsung Galaxy S7

Search This thread

expressluke

Just out of curiosity: why this rom is based on the Android L version (which is the so-called "special feature drop" intended for large screens) ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can/would help me understand.
The simple answer is this is the new version. It did also contain some changes for regular devices. The regular pixels also get the 12L version for exact same reason. Internally Google calls this Android 12.1

Reactions: Tom Mix

seamo123

Jun 8, 2012
Very impressed with this so far, but I have one small problem. Play protect certification shows my device as not certified, which obviously restricts me somewhat.
Might anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this? I googled some solutions but nothing's working, unfortunately. 😒

*EDIT*
Found solution here 👍

Last edited:

mide1337

Jun 13, 2022
Anyone got the dialer app working fine? The person on the other side is hearing an echo of himself. I don't have this problem with the stock samsung rom.

Last edited:

125UPTO

Jun 17, 2022
What's about the Gaming Performance in this ROM ???
you need a new phone, hahaha

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation: (Make sure you have installed TWRP first)
  • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA partition in TWRP.
  • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM in TWRP
  • Flash crDroid 8.x zip
  • If you want to have Google apps flash them right after flashing the ROM before first boot. (Same applies for Magisk)
  • Reboot

Update installation:
  • Wipe cache and dalvik cache in twrp (optional)
  • Flash new crDroid 8.x zip
  • Reboot

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: Source

Download:
Version 8.4
ROM
crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220504-herolte-v8.1.zip

Known issues:
VoLTE / VoWiFi due to Samsung Proprietary Implementation
You tell me.

Version 8.1
ROM
crDroidAndroid-12.0-20220121-herolte-v8.1.zip

Known issues:
Hardware button lights cannot be enabled.
VoLTE / VoWiFi due to Samsung Proprietary Implementation
You tell me.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
ExpressLuke 8890 Discussion
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help ExpressLuke pay server costs
Donate to help our team pay server costs
The camera does not synchronize with flashlight ! And I cannot link to Internet with wifi without a SIM card.
##I'm sorry that I click the report buttom twice under your two posts. my English is so bad. ##

Last edited by a moderator:

meesam3379

Feb 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7
Oppo A37
The camera does not synchronize with flashlight ! And I cannot link to Internet with wifi without a SIM card.
##I'm sorry that I click the report buttom twice under your two posts. my English is so bad. ##
The camera flash problem is in every rom.
Try using ZGCAM 7.4 or Footej instead of aosp camera.
I was able to connect to wifi without a problem with and without a sim card.

Last edited:

expressluke

First of all, thank you very much for your work @expressluke.
I have crDroid 7.13 up and running on herolte for my son.

Is it possible to move to 8.4 and keep all the data (pics, apps, accounts)?
It should be possible to do so (make a backup first in case something does go wrong). You just need to flash the new 8.4 version and provide Google apps package for the new version.

seilhaenger

It should be possible to do so (make a backup first in case something does go wrong). You just need to flash the new 8.4 version and provide Google apps package for the new version.
I did it and it went like a charm.
- wipe cache
- flash crDroid
- flash NikGapps omni (as I used it before)
- reboot
Welcome to Android 12. Many thanks.

Something that is not working, is enable fingerprint and faceID. My son is using a kids account and at android 12, this requires the approval of an adult. When I click OK, it brakes and I am back in safety settings.
Is setup of fingerprint and faceID possible with standard account or does it brake as well?

KeinNiemand

Jun 2, 2020
Any updates for this? Is this rom dead it hasn't been updated since May so it's no longer on the latest security update.

Top Liked Posts